ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the new "black clio"

hi guys,
check this new car out, the guy set up a good site for it a while back when it was as it said on the tin and a black clio, and it looked mean. im not sure about it now tho!!

http://www.blackclio.co.uk/

jamie

p.s thanks to vinny, xenons now on so will post pics soon!!

take it hes under blackclio or something? like to ask him about bodyshop costs if hes about!

jamie

GOLF GT TDI
wat happens if he has an accident no door handles, :S also not sure about the wing mirrors

yeah true in a bit of trouble there. also last time the poor guy got hit by some old lady and it caused soo much damage because everything is moulded into the whole of the bodywork.

I wanna do a bit of work on my front bumper, i think its Middo that has smoothed out the inserts on a standard front bumper, wanted to go down that route, any ideas on costs (sorry to be a copy cat middo, but it looks mint!) ?

jamie

theduckeatspork said:
as if he's done all that and still got ph1 rear lights and orange side repeaters

its a ph2... he put the ph1 lights on out of choice... because they look better

(until it becomes dark out and those bloody triangle reflectors light up) lol

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
its martin's car, kinda m8s with the guy. i really like the idea of the car takes a lot of balls to go completly different, i love the idea of the standard rear lights and side repeters alo i do think red side repeters would match the rear lights. not sure bout the mirrors but apart from that i love it.
well done martin at standing out in the crowd. (p.s. think he is sellin it if anyone can foot the right amount of pennys)

Chocolate Bar™
combine04 said:
yeah true in a bit of trouble there. also last time the poor guy got hit by some old lady and it caused soo much damage because everything is moulded into the whole of the bodywork.

I wanna do a bit of work on my front bumper, i think its Middo that has smoothed out the inserts on a standard front bumper, wanted to go down that route, any ideas on costs (sorry to be a copy cat middo, but it looks mint!) ?

jamie

I paid 80 quid for it as i've had it done with about a grands worth of other work, however i was quoted 600 quid previously. But, this is your lucky day as i'm gonna be selling it after trax for 100 quid, or if u have a pearl black standard bumper i'll do a deal with you :)

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Maybe somebody will crash into it again...then it might look better...(joke)

No idea WTF the front is all about and the side skirts and arches look completely out of place IMO.

As long as the owner likes it thats the main thing, lots of money has been spent on it!

Interior is nice...but overall not to my taste

how comes your selling the bumper middo? it looks so good but i have slightly dif requirements, i quite like the bottom grill of the "sportier" non sport clio so bought a black one off dutty ages ago off fleabay.

have started to sand down and refiller but thinkin my handy work would be no match for a proper body shops!! would also go for it but would need it in nautical blue. are you replacing it with something else?

jamie

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I love the fact the website, and the stitching in the seats says 'black clio'. Then you look outside the car...and it's white!!! :rofl: Never laughed so much!

I like the white with the black contrast and the back bumper looks good!
When i saw this it was black and looked stunning, i think he wanted a clio that looked like no other and he got that looks very wide too. When you see the interior up close it looks absolutely perfect.
I wouldn't really want a clio with bodykit but if i did i wouldn't say no to that one!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Best mod'd car on the site without a question.

Martin is one of the scottish boys and i've seen the car in the flesh a number of times. Feature worthy for sure

It's forsale too 6500£ i belive.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
No affence...but... thats got to be one of the ugliest cars i have ever seen, the front really doesn't look right.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
points taken ppl pics not that good as they were taken on my phone..... the whole blackclio - whiteclio is kinda a play on words.....it started of as blackclio and still is blackclio just changed colour.

they are 206 lites not 306 - the car isnt finished yet there are a few subtle changes to be made that will make the car look better. (no jokes!)

I understand its not to everyones taste....tbh when it first came out i wasnt keen on it . I think it takes time to grow on you.

There are of course going to be flaws on it but its hand built and hand sprayed .....its not off of a production line you get flaws in new cars - perhaps some ppl need to take a look at their own cars in the same critical eye that they look at others.

Martin

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yep Nice words martin. At the end of the day, i'm not a fan of mod'd cars but thats gets a thumbs up from me!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Ali said:
Yep Nice words martin. At the end of the day, i'm not a fan of mod'd cars but thats gets a thumbs up from me!

What about at the begining of the day?

Oh and not my taste but respect to the work done!

well said martin, after all it is your set of wheels. i was a huge fan of the original, espesh the way you changed the lights at the front to get rid of the indicators, and as for the silver bar grills on the front and the back in the later photos, major thumbs up. wish i had the time and the money to be able to mod mine to my tastes as you have done!!

p.s where you gonna be in the near future? wouldnt mind seeing it in the flesh!

jamie

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
well the show season is kinda winding up but im going to try to attend what ever is left....the car goes back into the bodyshop to get the rear diffuser sprayed black next week along with the rear lights getting tinted.....

im thinking of going to a show in kent near the end of sept cant remember the name of it tho lol

like i was saying to someone this morning it was only after about 1 year after getting the car out the bodyshop last time that i really loved the way it looked.....that was when the bars got put in and the rear bumper was smoothed....i think its just going to take time to get this one up to the standard that the last one was at.

Martin