ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new car..... still Jap!!

S2 106 GTI
Since selling the Evo a good few months ago I was driving the 2nd car - a 2006 fiesta TDCi....... well that lasted a couple of months! needed something quicker. I was thinking of going back to a 182 but fancied staying Jap so I bought this!

Completely standard when I bought it, FSH 2 owners - just needed some TLC.

2005 CTR Premier Edition
Satin silver

8513403861_b1e05a78e0_z.jpg

IMG_1374 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

8513406491_d0ac0b1ca2_z.jpg

IMG_1369 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

8514512964_6fdbb67443_z.png

IMG_1376 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

Yes I know its nothing as exciting as the evo - but managed to pocket alot of cash when I sold the evo so was happy! plus managed to do a few thins to this!

First on the list was a FRSU - Fast Road Set Up! this was by far the best mod!! lowers the car and makes it handle alot better.

8555863142_bf538ca79d_z.png

IMG_1556 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

8554766411_56dea8aa63_z.png

IMG_1526 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

Few JDM Goodies

8595362015_b92eaaecca_z.jpg

IMG_1673 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

JDM Mats
8517010874_597eb85b25_z.jpg

IMG_1402 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

Then needed stopping power.... So sourced these out

8731528238_96c8eb4195_z.png

IMG_0014 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

8730327867_10e5a0f925_z.png

IMG_0017 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

8730409513_f53bc83db9_z.jpg

IMG_0022 by Richard_Gibson, on Flickr

I have mainly been keeping it very clean and removing marks, wheels are next on the list to get painted.

Cheers
Rich

MKV GTI
Really, really like that!

Loving those 4pot brembos were did you source them from? straight foward bolt on fit?

Also what does the FRSU comprise of, heard of it but never looked into what it actually is.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks nice. Welcome to the 'lack of torque, only quick if you drop it twelve gears club',aparantly lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superbmate, Camera has brought the best out in the colour and shape. Great mods aswell.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. It's funny, now there's boat loads of the ruined CTR's out there it makes me appreciate a nice one. :)

S2 106 GTI
Cheers guys, yeah the brembo stickers are coming back off and getting redone, the stickers are slightly too big.

I'm trying to stay away from the loud exhausts too many mods type r. Just subtle mods.
The paint work is a lot better since I got my hands on it! Brembos are from a DC5 needed spacers to make them fit, also have carbon look braided hoses

S2 106 GTI
FRSU consists of :
-APB lowering springs, made by Eibach but tested through APB so they lower them an extra 5mm taking it too 30mm.
-Rear camber arms which can be adjusted
-Full geo set up, negative camber etc....

It handles alot better than before! a few people say there great 'out of the box' but sadly I'd have to disagree.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looking good! Those seats look great too. What does a premier edition have different from a normal type R?
Just the seats?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great witht he Brembos!
Where did you ge tethe alignement done? APB ius the place to be FYI IIRC.

How about a JDM ARB now?

S2 106 GTI
Looks great witht he Brembos!
Where did you ge tethe alignement done? APB ius the place to be FYI IIRC.

How about a JDM ARB now?

Got the set up done by Stevie at Grinspeed in layland/Preston. I am getting a jdm anti roll bar in a few months! Again another cheap but very good mod

SG9 Forester STi
That looks like it's in really good condition. Nice choice :) As above, I really need to drive one of these one day!

S2 106 GTI
They are a really nice car to drive! Not the fastest thing, but quick. I was thinking of getting it supercharged at a later date.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i like that. please dont fit some stupid spoon etc exhaust on it, saw/heard some tosser flooring it up a residential street the other night in one of these and had a big pipe on it and it sounded stupid, not good at all. however they sound great under load with quiet exhaust and a gruppe m or similar induction system IMO.

S2 106 GTI
i like that. please dont fit some stupid spoon etc exhaust on it, saw/heard some tosser flooring it up a residential street the other night in one of these and had a big pipe on it and it sounded stupid, not good at all. however they sound great under load with quiet exhaust and a gruppe m or similar induction system IMO.

Far from a loud exhaust!! I'm passed the loud exhaust stage, would t mind a new one - the only one I like is a Toda, and yes I've already been looking at the Gruppe M's!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Me too. Currently got a dc catback and although sounds good most of the time it gets tiresome. Back to the unsilenced bpipe and std backbox, much better.