ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new iPhone..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My contract is up in September, normally when the new iPhone comes out. Great! :cool:

But.. i've heard they aren't bringing one out this September though as they released so many last year, 5, 5s and 5c... and some other reason which I've forgot. :(

Anyone have any inside knowledge, rumours etc?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will be interesting to see, the trend is certainly towards bigger screens, so i wonder if they will go bigger again with the 6.

I guess as we have had a 5 and a 5S, a 6 is what will be next.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I was on the phone to O2 this week and they said they have no date or idea but say its around Aug/ Sept that it normally comes out.

I seen on Sky News they think it will either come with a 4.7" or a 5.5" screen in late 2014.

My contact ends in Sep also so I'm going to hold out and see what apple come up with

iphone6.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think my contract is due around then. Wouldn't entertain another make of phone after my first iphone.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I've had the 4 and the 5 and wouldn't swap to another make. Although I wouldn't particularly want a phone the size of the Galaxy S4.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agree. Total guesses.

I hope it doesn't go massive like androids have.

Androids are now too large to share trouser space with a **** and balls so are only any good for eunuchs and women.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I have no problem with them making a bigger iPhone if they keep a smaller option too... as that's what I prefer.

I was hoping Microsoft would reveal a Surface Phone @ Build as I was hoping to go into one ecosystem, i.e. Surface Pro/Surface Phone/Xbox One but obviously that didn't happen. So atm, I'm still Surface Pro/iPhone/PlayStaion lol... iPhone 6 it is for me!

Here are some recent renderings of rumoured 4.7 inch and 5.7 inch models of the iPhone 6 and how they would look between the 5s and the iPad mini.

iphone-6-rednerings_large.jpg

iphone-6-renderings-2_large.jpg

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I remember when phones were massive, then with the aid of newer technology they eventually became smaller and smaller, why the f**k do they seem to be going backwards and making them bigger and bigger :S

Yellow 197
My contract is up in September, normally when the new iPhone comes out. Great! :cool:

But.. i've heard they aren't bringing one out this September though as they released so many last year, 5, 5s and 5c... and some other reason which I've forgot. :(

Anyone have any inside knowledge, rumours etc?

Did you not do a search for iPhone 6 before making this thread?

An orange one
I still think the Gold 5S is one of the nicest looking bits of tech in recent times. The new one will have to be massively different which I doubt it will be, to tempt me to change early. And I also don't want anything bigger.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The screen needs to be bigger. The S4 has a nice screen and doesn't feel too big imo.

It also needs to be edgeless/borderless like the renders. If there are 2 sizes i'm not sure which would be best. 4.7 possibly as the S4 is 5" and that's about big enough imo.

Quite exciting now. That's the thing I love about Apple, they've always been very secretive, you always get a couple of small leaks but never anything that big.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I think apple have lost it. Samsung are leagues above. My mrs has the new s5 and its fantastic

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Has the S5 not had luke warm reviews so far? Can't remember where I heard that but I'm sure that's what was said.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The S4 is very nice, sadly it could bend by looking at it. The size is a nice change from my phone. Add in the fact it took my missus 3 minutes to download the full Caustic Love album last night for free and it took my 2 hours to get the album on my phone (free) it has it's pros.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I just want better battery life. I don't think they can do anything else software-related. It is just down to design, speed, battery life and camera quality now imo.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've still not seen another phone to tempt me to spend another £500 when my 4s does everything fine. Would like more battery though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Quite exciting now. That's the thing I love about Apple, they've always been very secretive, you always get a couple of small leaks but never anything that big.

Really? Their ability to keep anything secret has completely disappeared though, prior to and including the first iPhone most things were purely speculation, now apple can't even do a product launch without somebody else having shown it off (often in full) all over the internet days/weeks/months before.

I still think the 5S is leagues ahead of the competition hardware wise (barring the screen size), but iOS is seriously lagging now (even despite the comical "makeover") - the walled garden doesn't even bother me (I see that as a feature), but the ability for third parties to extend the functionality of the OS is a must have now. 7 years on and you still can't remove unwanted icons from the home screen (and no, sticking them in a folder is not an acceptable work-around).

I just think Apple can do better, for f***s sake they re-invented the smartphone. Then again, they sell them but the shed load and will continue to do so, so there's probably little incentive to do anything other than incremental software updates. Even Android seems to have slipped into purely incremental updates, Apple or Google need to do something to create the next big push.

I also used to think the Note was comically big, but having used the wifes - it just isn't.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've still not seen another phone to tempt me to spend another £500 when my 4s does everything fine. Would like more battery though.

I felt like that till I got my 5s, but probably wouldnt want to go back now, its surprising how quickly you get used to stuff like the fingerprint unlock and find it useful, and the extra battery life and slightly bigger screen plus being that little bit faster all help too, if its actually worth the money though im not sure, was actually very happy with my 4s, but it got damaged so was in the situation where I had to pay to fix it or pay to replace it, if it wasnt for that I'd probably still have the 4s and be happy with it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When the time comes i'll certainly way up the S5 against the 6. The 6 will of course have months more work into it as the S5 is out now.

No doubt the build will sway me to the Apple.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I felt like that till I got my 5s, but probably wouldnt want to go back now, its surprising how quickly you get used to stuff like the fingerprint unlock and find it useful, and the extra battery life and slightly bigger screen plus being that little bit faster all help too, if its actually worth the money though im not sure, was actually very happy with my 4s, but it got damaged so was in the situation where I had to pay to fix it or pay to replace it, if it wasnt for that I'd probably still have the 4s and be happy with it.

Sorry yeah this is what I meant. It is a better phone than my 4s, but I'm not going to change to one unless mine broke.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Has the S5 not had luke warm reviews so far? Can't remember where I heard that but I'm sure that's what was said.

My go to site for reviews is The Verge...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/14/5608222/samsung-galaxy-s5-review

It's back to basics, Samsung says about the Galaxy S5. Time to focus on what matters — displays, batteries, and cameras — and to start to let the rest go. That's the approach Samsung needed to take, but all it was was lip service.

Make no mistake: this is a very good phone. And Samsung did nearly all the important things well. With a great screen, great battery life, and a good camera, the S5 leaves me with few reasons not to recommend it — and the waterproof body is a fantastic bonus. But I don't love anything about this device. It's not beautiful like the One, not polished like the iPhone, not full of cool new software like the Moto X. The S5 is a very good phone, but it leaves me wanting more. I want Samsung to care about design, to believe that its customers have good taste and that there's more to building brand loyalty than beating customers over the head with clever commercials. I want it to give me something, anything, that's both truly different and truly great. But that's not what Samsung does.

I like the Galaxy S5. I do. Millions of people will buy it, and very few will have problems with it. Yet I can't help but hope that one day we all decide "good enough" isn't good enough anymore. That we demand devices that are different, interesting, special. Samsung's proved that it can do anything it sets its mind to — I can't wait to see what happens if it decides to really, truly care.

GTD, Lupo
I hope they don't make the 6 any thinner than they current model. I have a 5th gen touch and it is far to thin, i ended up putting a case on it as it was thick enough to hold comfortably.

I think the 6 needs a bigger screen but not huge.

My S4 mini has a bigger screen but is same size as the 5S. Perfect combo for me TBH.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just had a quick google and latest rumours are that it will be announced 10th Sept, and released towards end of September. Apparently alot of Apple staff aren't allowed to take annual leave in September!

Status
Not open for further replies.