ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Looking....
Dropped my s8 and smashed the screen today. Out of contract with EE and looking for a s20 5g. Best so far is 10gb £37 a month but F&F takes it down to to just under £26 with no upfront cost. Anything better out there?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Dropped my s8 and smashed the screen today. Out of contract with EE and looking for a s20 5g. Best so far is 10gb £37 a month but F&F takes it down to to just under £26 with no upfront cost. Anything better out there?
I very much dislike my s20 5g, unlikely to get Samsung again.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wtf do I plug the other end of a USB-C cable into? Obviously one end is the iphone charger end, but ive never seen the other connection.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Madness.. I don’t know anyone who plugs their phone into a laptop on a regular basis. Seems a strange thing to come with a phone and not a charger.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Apple.

I assumed my 11 has fast charging, you know with the charger it gets supplied with. Er nope, have to buy the better pro supplied charger.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When it got delivered I thought ‘surely this cant be my iPhone’ as the box was so small and light. What if you’re new to Apple.. you get a phone but can’t charge it up 😂

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It is a good idea, badly executed as the lack of charger coincides with the first time they have included usb-c cables with a phone.

But next time you upgrade it will be ok as you'll be set up, usb-c is here to stay and if anything Apple are late to the party. Everything now is usb-c and in a few years you'll wonder why the hell you invested in usb-a sockets around the house 😂

So many of the included charges never get used, I've not taken mine out of the box of the last phone I got.

The earphones on the other hand, I do use mine and it's nice to get a fresh set every new phone. That really is them saving money, and nothing to do with the environment imo.

If they were clever they'd have stopped the headphones when they used to have a 3.5mm jack on the phone, then people wouldn't have cared and they should have stopped the chargers last year while using usb-a cables and people wouldn't have noticed then either.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
But what do I plug the USB-C into? Has no use.

Pretty much every android phone has a usb c connection on it these days. It allows for faster charging.

It's what will be the standard in the future, but apple are dragging their heels and holding it back with their phones.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Why the dislike? I've always had samsung so know my way around them and the camera always been decent.
I have the Samsung S20 ultra and paying an eye watering £65 a month for it.
Worst phone I've ever had and I'm now using my old huawei mate 10 pro which is 3 years older and it's significantly better.

Camera quality is unreal.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
But what do I plug the USB-C into? Has no use.

One of these..

D474FBE6-362F-43B4-8774-0BB3D44F8C45.jpeg

CF3E39EF-4982-43B6-8CB7-1C8A43345B13.jpeg

Which Apple will sell you for a further £19 🤦🏻‍♂️
But yeah, I went through the same annoyance upon opening my shiny new iPhone

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Typical Apple, create a problem, sell the solution.

Mine was £29 up front £36 a month 100GB data and unlimited calls and texts on 3. Yes it's pink, but it's in a case all the time so I barely notice.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My contract is up on my S8, I've been looking to get an S20 in one of the cheaper guises but the reviews seem pretty mixed. Anything else I should look out for? Decent camera is one of my main requisites, I've only ever had Samsungs so switching to Apple I'm not sure about and they seem to have crapper cameras.

Currently spending £24 a month, 4g data

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I decided just to go for a new sim only plan, the £20 for 160GB on EE the Black Friday special, I used a voucher code on their website to get 20% off which came to £16 for a 24 month contract. After when i purchased it, it says my data useage to 80GB even though it says my plan is 160GB. Should this sort of thing happen? I've contacted them but waiting for a response.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Why is that mate?
Battery life is poor, I don't find the user interface amazing. Simple things like the power button doesn't turn the phone off, you have to configure it to do that.

After the last update I don't have any notification sounds and I cannot get them back. All the phone will do is ring for a call nothing else. If I Google it, it appears common. So Ive currently got a phone that won't notify me of text, WhatsApp, messenger etc...

My last 5 phones have been Xperia and love them and miss them. They have a dedicated camera button which I love.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
My last 5 phones have been Xperia and love them and miss them. They have a dedicated camera button which I love.
This is what the wife is missing from her P30 pro.
She's had Sony since moving from Nokia and she misses the camera. The P30 camera is superb but I suppose she's used to the Sony interface.

I'll never buy another Samsung after my Note 8 was the biggest disappointment in a phone I've had.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
This is what the wife is missing from her P30 pro.
She's had Sony since moving from Nokia and she misses the camera. The P30 camera is superb but I suppose she's used to the Sony interface.

I'll never buy another Samsung after my Note 8 was the biggest disappointment in a phone I've had.
I've been interested in the fold2, but feel I may not like it. I wouldn't want to pay 2k for a phone and not receive notifications

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Better half (no) is looking at the pixel phone, anyone got one? If so what sort of contract are you paying

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest. Can you sell an upgrade phone straight away or is there a time frame? I’m assuming you can but will be locked to the network?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Out of interest. Can you sell an upgrade phone straight away or is there a time frame? I’m assuming you can but will be locked to the network?

Yeah you can. People do it as a ‘loan’ sometimes. Get a £1k phone on contract, sell it for £800, then pay the contract for 24months 😂

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Better half (no) is looking at the pixel phone, anyone got one? If so what sort of contract are you paying
Wife has a Pixel 5. I'd originally bought her a Oneplus Nord, but she didn't like a few minor things to do with the OS system and how it did things compared to her P30. So sent it back and she ordered the Pixel 5 instead. She seems much happier with it to be honest.
Still waiting on the delivery of the free Bose headphones though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A lot of folk in the same boat with headphones mate. Great choice though. Wish it was 4a size though, they made it too small.