ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I'm also thinking about getting the S6 and imo it looks better than the 7.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He must have it chock full of s**t stuff because none of the new phones are laggy. My Note 4 embarrassed some standout phones in performance tests on release.
My notes over a year old and as fast as the day I got it. I cant see me replacing it for a good while yet either.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Anybody got any experience with the Sony xperia Z5 compact? pro's and con's. A big selling point is the camera and i'd go for the compact over the regular Z5 as i cannot stand big phones.

Cheers.
Yeah I've got one. The plastic edges chip a bit when you drop it (which I do).

Other than that, I've zero complaints. Battery life is superb, camera is good, cheap noise cancellation using Sony headphones. It's very quick running marshmallow.

Monaco 172
Yeah I've got one. The plastic edges chip a bit when you drop it (which I do).

Other than that, I've zero complaints. Battery life is superb, camera is good, cheap noise cancellation using Sony headphones. It's very quick running marshmallow.

Thanks for the reply mate, Is marshmallow the OS that comes on it or something i'd have to install? those headphones come with it?

Cheers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Thanks for the reply mate, Is marshmallow the OS that comes on it or something i'd have to install? those headphones come with it?

Cheers
I imagine if you purchased now, it would have marshmallow (or offer the update on the first startup). The headphones are additional, I paid £45

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My notes over a year old and as fast as the day I got it. I cant see me replacing it for a good while yet either.
My one will be 2 in September iirc and in fairness I look after it but it's awesome. Best phone I've owned by a long long way.

I'm considering downsizing screen wise. Like the new edge at 5.5 but it'll be 6 months old when I purchase and I hate that. Note 6 will be out early this year and I love baller note specs (note 4 still has better specs than some new phones) but not sure I can go big screen size unless the shape helps it like the Note 5...

Oh and for the S6 guys my other half has the edge and its a great phone. Best camera I've seen on any phone and possibly even better than the S7 (it's getting harder to see the difference these days)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I love my Nexus 6p, I'm not liking the Huawei build.
Camera is full of dust behind the lens. The all in one build makes it nigh on impossible to clean yourself.

See who makes the next Nexus...

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Im still rocking my nexus 5, even though I've been out of contract for a year now.

I really need to upgrade as the battery life on this is now starting to annoy me!
I would like to stay with nexus but their phones are now a year old and I don't know what the next best thing is.

Anyone have any experience with the LG G5?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I love my Nexus 6p, I'm not liking the Huawei build.
Camera is full of dust behind the lens. The all in one build makes it nigh on impossible to clean yourself.

See who makes the next Nexus...
Mine is great. No build issues or dust. Maybe you just got a s**t unit.

This is by far the best Nexus phone yet in terms of builds quality and feeling premium.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is great. No build issues or dust. Maybe you just got a s**t unit.

This is by far the best Nexus phone yet in terms of builds quality and feeling premium.
Possibly. The glass on the camera sounds like it's looks too, sounds like a slight rattle.

I've emailed customer services about it, just waiting for a reply.
It was a launch phone so possibly a faulty unit.

Only noticed the dust the last month or so along with the rattle. It's been in a case since day one too so very well protected.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly. The glass on the camera sounds like it's looks too, sounds like a slight rattle.

I've emailed customer services about it, just waiting for a reply.
It was a launch phone so possibly a faulty unit.

Only noticed the dust the last month or so along with the rattle. It's been in a case since day one too so very well protected.
Ring Google support. They will probably just straight swap it out.

I bent my phone and got a replacement within 24 hours.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Spoke to Google, they said they would have swapped it straight away if I'd have bought it from the Play store but I didn't, it was through CPW on o2.
Spoke to Huwai about it and they are sending me an envelope to get it repaired. They said ten days and it will be back in prefect condition but I've read some reports of 6 weeks and no phone...

O2 won't touch it because I didn't take out their 'accidental breakage insurance'. Saying that, they do employment morons.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Spoke to Google, they said they would have swapped it straight away if I'd have bought it from the Play store but I didn't, it was through CPW on o2.
Spoke to Huwai about it and they are sending me an envelope to get it repaired. They said ten days and it will be back in prefect condition but I've read some reports of 6 weeks and no phone...

O2 won't touch it because I didn't take out their 'accidental breakage insurance'. Saying that, they do employment morons.
Gutted. I always buy from Google. 2 years warranty is not to be sniffed at.

Like I said, I bent my phone and they casually told me what to say on the phone to be able to get a replacement FOC.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted. I always buy from Google. 2 years warranty is not to be sniffed at.

Like I said, I bent my phone and they casually told me what to say on the phone to be able to get a replacement FOC.
Yeah tbf the guy said that they wouldn't have any issues replacing it if it was through them.
Next time I think...

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Well the excitement for the Note 7 is growing and it's going to decimate all. Properly. I really didn't want another Note size phone but my my this thing could be special.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/7/15/12198156/samsung-galaxy-note-7-rumors

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone...look-yet-at-the-samsung-galaxy-note-7-1325184

Will be unveiled on Tuesday apparently. Really considering the jump back to Samsung (Had a GS3 back in the day) and the new Note may be the one to go for as I was considering a Iphone "plus" next.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It'll decimate all. The look of it in black is just mesmerising!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
samsung-galaxy-note-18.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note-17.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note-16.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's stunning you might say....! Smartphones are hard to change the design of these days and in black this should look perfect.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well my note 4 is up for renewal in November. It's bee perfect and almost 2 years old. Liking the prospect of that as a replacement.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I still love my one Tom, we both got ours at the same time.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Definitely going for the black one as long as the price isn't ridiculous.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
@gally can you get rid of the Samsung apps now? The ones that you'd never use?
You can with the stock androi ones if you want them on the nexus but might make me consider a Samsung in the future if you can remove excess apps.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Samsung are apparently offering VR Gear or a 256Gb memory card for UK pre-orders (or are going to be).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
@gally can you get rid of the Samsung apps now? The ones that you'd never use?
You can with the stock androi ones if you want them on the nexus but might make me consider a Samsung in the future if you can remove excess apps.
All of them can go. Not sure you can delete them all like messages and browser but you just disable them. I've had chrome and texts since day one.

In fairness there isn't bloatware on them like there used to be.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Samsung are apparently offering VR Gear or a 256Gb memory card for UK pre-orders (or are going to be).
The new vr looks awesome. Sd cards are cheap anyway. My 32gb Samsung one only cost a few quid.

What can you have in your phone to take up that kind of memory?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
A lot of movies/tv episodes is really the only thing I can think of.

RAW photos will take a lot of potential space to. I have reserved (a reservation code) a black one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking deal. I'd enjoy the VR on the plane to Mexico!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Tis expensive. Add a sim only plan to that and its the same price as going for a contract (Over 2 years). Even with a £16 sim only deal (That includes BT discount) it works out a tad more than what my O2 upgrade was.

Gone are the days when it was cheaper to buy the phone then go sim only.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Tis expensive. Add a sim only plan to that and its the same price as going for a contract (Over 2 years). Even with a £16 sim only deal (That includes BT discount) it works out a tad more than what my O2 upgrade was.

Gone are the days when it was cheaper to buy the phone then go sim only.
Was that ever the case? Excluding scenarios where the 'contract' didn't have much choice on minutes/data etc.

I suppose the value of the £ hasn't helped and slightly higher prices for things like this are to be expected. I was going to order it if it was around or under £600 which in hindsight was never going to happen with the Note being Samsung's flagship.