ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I used smart switch to do mine. I have the S8+ the good thing with S7 is it has the touch I'd on the front but the S8 screen is bigger. S7 edge is pretty cheap though.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yeah I used smart switch to do mine. I have the S8+ the good thing with S7 is it has the touch I'd on the front but the S8 screen is bigger. S7 edge is pretty cheap though.

I’ve watched a couple of videos on the smart switch. Looks making switching so, so easy.

The only thing I’d have to manually do is turn off extra location settings and set my privacy settings up

No big deal really

I’m very tempted I must say

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Ive moved to android from iOS.

It felt like a big decision and after two Weeks it's absolutely fine.

Android,Samsung is actually pretty good, it does have some annoying tendancies like bixby etc.

I love split screen and the back button.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ive moved to android from iOS.

It felt like a big decision and after two Weeks it's absolutely fine.

Android,Samsung is actually pretty good, it does have some annoying tendancies like bixby etc.

I love split screen and the back button.

You can disable bixby.

The split screen has come in handy a few times and the smart capture is pretty good too.

My S8 is in getting the camera repaired so I'm back to the 5S. I forgot how bad it is. I'm back to counting how many times I press a button before the phone responds.
Oh and interestingly at work where the S8 would get a weak 3G signal the iphone gets nothing

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
You can disable bixby.

The split screen has come in handy a few times and the smart capture is pretty good too.
I switched it off downloaded an app to reprogram it but it's glitchy

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I switched it off downloaded an app to reprogram it but it's glitchy

You can now disable it without a remap now. I have no complaints of android because you can do anything you want to do. When I click the button it does nothing.

I have found I don't accidentally click it like a lot did with the S8.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
New google event on 4th.
Some rumours of another phone alongside the Pixel and Pixel xl, similar the the iPhone X.

Got another month on my contact so I'll see what's about then.
The note prices are just ridiculous at the moment (on 02 at least)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pixel 2 and pixel 2 XL...

b8eda8eb48a8e998b13ae61c46b7ca89.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Where's that leak from. I'd love it if the pixel xl2 has front firing stereo speakers like that suggests.

It's one of the reasons I never went for the last gen pixel

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Evan blass as always. That's what it will look like. The guy doesn't get stuff wrong.

Front facing speakers I think are a tick!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
4gig of ram but not really an issue running stock android in fairness. Battery is great for he claims (the only one of buy). Looks good. Still a bit dated looking but tidy.

Will sell well!
03c8219713a3825729145f8b7f8bc169.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Starting at 849 dollars. No wireless charging. No headphone jack.
78b57c4bd677bbe267e82a977bfd829f.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Wireless charging is a gimmick. Fine if you're putting it down to charge for a while, but in the real world when you're using the phone as you charge it doesn't work.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No it's not a gimmick! It's been around since 2012! I don't have to top up my phone during the day but literally 15 minutes on a desk during the day is mental difference.

If you run out of battery just plug the cable in. There isn't a down side. I just sit it down. No f**king about. Not everyone has the chance to give it a quick top up during the day but honestly it's a no brainer while the phone is sitting anyway.

I hated not having it on my last phone as it was so useful.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
But it's really no easier than plugging it in at the desk for the extra 1000th of a second that it takes.

I've got a wireless pad for my S8 and have gone back to using a cable. The area that it works on is too small. You have to be so precise when you put it down. I'm sure this isn't an issue with the sitting up types though

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
It’s just a feature, some will find it useful (people who work at a desk) and some won’t (those constantly on the go).
Personally I can’t wait for both my phones to have it, will be much neater than having to have a micro usb and a lightning cable on my desk when I can just have one pad and put whichever phone is lower on that.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to reading more on the pixel. The camera score is 98 apparently according to my mate. Last one was 82.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Camera will be insane. The phone will be tremendous!

Also didn't see expandable storage mentioned? Not as big a deal with 64gb these days.

On the wireless thing. The pad placement is pad dependent. My Anker ones are pretty forgiving so far. And thick cases still work.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Camera will be insane. The phone will be tremendous!

Also didn't see expandable storage mentioned? Not as big a deal with 64gb these days.

On the wireless thing. The pad placement is pad dependent. My Anker ones are pretty forgiving so far. And thick cases still work.
Google policy re expandable storage.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Couldn't remember. Love the look of the pixel book but still macbook money.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Oh how the Android users mocked Apple for ditching the headphone jack.
That aside, looks a great phone, especially the XL

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
So, probably a few months later than everyone else, I've discovered that some new phones have dual sim capability, and this got me thinking about how this could benefit me as I currently have an iPhone 5C for work and a 6 for personal, and whether I could just have 1 phone with 2 sims. I'm not particularly loyal to Apple and have had an S7, Notes etc in the past. Do any phones do this well enough that it actually works (as opposed to being a useless gimmick) ??

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
So, probably a few months later than everyone else, I've discovered that some new phones have dual sim capability, and this got me thinking about how this could benefit me as I currently have an iPhone 5C for work and a 6 for personal, and whether I could just have 1 phone with 2 sims. I'm not particularly loyal to Apple and have had an S7, Notes etc in the past. Do any phones do this well enough that it actually works (as opposed to being a useless gimmick) ??
I've not used it, but my oneplus 5 can do this. According to my cousin (travels a lot) it works seamlessly. Separate ring tones, so he knows which one is ringing.

Any of you guys with S8's use sky go? The audio has a weird random ticking noise all the time on all channels. It's not a sky go problem because it only happens on this phone

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
I've not used it, but my oneplus 5 can do this. According to my cousin (travels a lot) it works seamlessly. Separate ring tones, so he knows which one is ringing.
Christ on a bike, the Mrs has got the One Plus 5...I may have to commandeer it for a trial run. Cheers buddy, this could be rather straightforward...