ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes i've been following it, looking forward to release. I've bought their last few phones and its worked out quite well. Had my Oneplus 5 for 6 months, sold it for £400 so £100 over 6 months isn't bad. Will hope to do the same with the 6.

I've not had any of their phones since the OP2, which tbh, I thought was worse than the Oneplus one I had lol, but they seemed to up their game a bit after that. I'm hoping for waterproofing (sort of confirmed) and wireless charging. If it's got that and a good camera I think I'll be seriously considering it.

Black 200
20% in 6 months isn't great. And they tend to be worth pennies once a newer version is out.

It works out at £16.67 a month, plus my £10 a month sim free with Vodafone works out less than half of what most people pay for iphones. Oneplus hold their value well 2nd hand.

I've not had any of their phones since the OP2, which tbh, I thought was worse than the Oneplus one I had lol, but they seemed to up their game a bit after that. I'm hoping for waterproofing (sort of confirmed) and wireless charging. If it's got that and a good camera I think I'll be seriously considering it.

A few of my friends had that and seemed to like it but it was meant to be one of their less good phones. Yep waterproofing has been teased a bit so quite likely in the OP6

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Did you manage to get the uber cool colour? I believe it's not officially available in this country but there is a way round it...

Edit: You never used it! But I just looked on their website and it seems you can now. That's good, potentially between that and the Pixel 3 for the missus in November, but the Pixel 3 leaks look awful.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I must admit I’m tempted to go android again on my next upgrade. I’ll wait and see what’s happening near the end of September.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Did you manage to get the uber cool colour? I believe it's not officially available in this country but there is a way round it...

Edit: You never used it! But I just looked on their website and it seems you can now. That's good, potentially between that and the Pixel 3 for the missus in November, but the Pixel 3 leaks look awful.

Yeah went with the Twilight colour, seems like its on back order though so could be a couple weeks for delivery, Slightly irritating.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
For a phone around the same size as an iPhone plus and not a lot thicker this projector phone is pretty impressive!

This is it projecting onto my kitchen wall, with the picture at around 7ft wide..

6D9178E0-1636-420A-B922-D6A0BBB46788.jpeg
CE94B537-D09E-4085-8A21-303DEC554C5D.jpeg
90A486C8-23D9-4EFB-8D3F-554A0EB26288.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will be looking at swapping phones (iPhone 7) in the next couple of months.

Ease of use, iPhone still?

I’d like to lower my contract, currently paying £47 a month. May go sim only?

But world like a new phone lol.

What are the huawai?’ phones like?

What are the huawai?’ phones like?
A guy at work just got the new one with the 3 cameras. Says the photos it takes are mental! Especially in the dark. I think I'll be looking at them for my next phone because having a good camera is one of the most important features for me.

Oh and he said the battery lasts 2 days easy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sounds good.

Not sure if I’ve been ‘appled’ and struggle with anything else lol.

What sort of deals for the huwaei, decent?

£33 a month after a look, plus my 20% loyalty discount.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
A guy at work just got the new one with the 3 cameras. Says the photos it takes are mental! Especially in the dark. I think I'll be looking at them for my next phone because having a good camera is one of the most important features for me.

Oh and he said the battery lasts 2 days easy.
I got a P20 Pro recently as well, Brilliant phone. Camera is stunningly good and battery just goes and goes.
Mine was at 100% at 9am, Had the usual social media usage, messaging and decent amount of youtube and spotify use this afternoon and its currently sitting on 51%

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Think I preferred her Naked on a bike in a pub.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Another game changer...

Dream phone specs.

Turns out the note 8 is running rings round the pixel after a year on the market. The Samsung bloatware is a thing of the past and performance beast is back, the pixel is now laggy and lacking is strip backed speed.

I love my Note 8, I just find zero issues 12 months in and I have never had that with a phone. Granted modern ones are getting better and better.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Where are you getting that from (Pixel being laggy) mine is perfectly smooth.

As it happens I just bought an Iphone 10 and watch to try out for a week while Google replace my Pixel (temperamental charging since taking it swimming in the sea) and wanted to know whether I could get on with iOS. There are some nice eco system features that are there out of the box, and I love the watch as ever - but it's a lot of money.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
I'm probably going to get the note 9. I'm still rocking the note 4 since day one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

The biggest tech you tuber and confessed pixel fan boi... reports on the net and fellow tech geeks also confirm some issues.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I came in here purely out of curiosity to see if @gally had called it a game changer yet. I was right.

However it's pretty cool. It doesn't do anything overly new though.

Also with Dex. Windows couldn't get people to use their phone as a PC. It's never going to take off using Android as the OS.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

The biggest tech you tuber and confessed pixel fan boi... reports on the net and fellow tech geeks also confirm some issues.

What are the issues? The iphone x I’m using (boxfresh) feels slow in some areas compared to the pixel which is very surprising.

They trade blows though. pixel feels like it has a more responsive screen. Ill concede that CS loads faster on iphone though.

The keyboard is f**king guff though!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So he’s comparing the nearly year old Pixel with 4gb ram to the new op6 with 8 and a faster processor....

I’ve got no issues with lag but I don’t feel the need to have 10000 apps installed or open at the same time.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've got both the OnePlus and a pixel 2. Pixel 2 is older, no lag. Worth remembering that the yt reviewers are not typical users.

They're all much of a muchness, at that price point no one makes a bad phone, no one makes a stand out better phone. They all do the basics so well, that they're adding novelty features that aren't really needed just to differentiate their product.

Having said that, I'll probably be going back to Apple for my next phone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
^^ this, your basically just buying into different software at this point. It’s the only reason I stick with Apple because it works with my speakers/car play etc.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^^ this, your basically just buying into different software at this point. It’s the only reason I stick with Apple because it works with my speakers/car play etc.
What speakers do you have?

This why I dislike BMW for not supporting android auto. They contribute to vendor locking you, it's already bad enough trying to switch between icloud and Google drive. Although I'm happy to see apple have loosened off a bit and now you can install Google stuff and it even asked me what browser I want to open a link with earlier.

I always looked past Sonos for this reason, but it turns out they support airplay (apples audio casting) AND casting from Google devices, would have bought into them years ago had I known this.

Even my GF uses Chromecast (via her iPhone) rather than our previous gen apple TV as it's so much quicker and easier to use.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
What speakers do you have?

This why I dislike BMW for not supporting android auto. They contribute to vendor locking you, it's already bad enough trying to switch between icloud and Google drive. Although I'm happy to see apple have loosened off a bit and now you can install Google stuff and it even asked me what browser I want to open a link with earlier.

I always looked past Sonos for this reason, but it turns out they support airplay (apples audio casting) AND casting from Google devices, would have bought into them years ago had I known this.

Even my GF uses Chromecast (via her iPhone) rather than our previous gen apple TV as it's so much quicker and easier to use.

Sonos and we have a homepod in the bathroom, oh and apple music sub as well so It would be a ballache to switch.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sonos and we have a homepod in the bathroom, oh and apple music sub as well so It would be a ballache to switch.

Yeah apple music is your only restriction there tbh. It works fine on android and I like the app, but you can't cast it anywhere (or at least it's not obvious if you can)

It's quite easy to switch from one to the other imo. Vendor built speakers on the other hand.

I bought a few Google homes but theyre going on eBay soon as the SQ is dog s**t in the scheme of things and it's annoying for the woman not being able use them beyond playing music via Bluetooth on them.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Brand new iPhone X. 27% battery and it was 100% 11 hours ago. I used YouTube for music for a few hours but other than that not touched it.

No apps installed beyond the google suite and WhatsApp... I'm sure it's something I've done but wtf.

Also completely done with iPhone keyboard. Even tried installing gboard which is better, but nowhere near as good as it is on android. And I thought autocorrect on android annoyed me.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what to do for my next phone. Currently on a Pixel XL which will be 2 years old when the 3 comes out in October.

The only one I've considered up to now is the Huawei P20 Pro.

Won't be a Samsung that's for sure.

Wait for the Pixel 3 do you think?