ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new tool thread

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Bought a new cam/crank seal driver kit today after seeing autodoc reel on insta. Maxspeedingrods brand :LOL: only £35, looks spot on for the money/occasional use, looks to me like a copy of a sealey kit.
20230208_233540.jpg
20230208_233521.jpg
20230208_233517.jpg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
What is everyone using for brake cleaner?

I've used a "chemical resistant" pump sprayer before which disintegrated after 5 mins of brake cleaner being in it. I've had the same 85p Asda garden spray bottle which has finally given up the ghost after 3 years of brake cleaner abuse 😂

Just wanted to ask before spunking £20+ on a Wurth pump sprayer bottle

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various

I've used a "chemical resistant" pump sprayer before which disintegrated after 5 mins of brake cleaner being in it. I've had the same 85p Asda garden spray bottle which has finally given up the ghost after 3 years of brake cleaner abuse 😂

IMG_20230213_092743.jpg
IMG_20230213_092820.jpg

Got that for the garage no idea what make the sprayer is i just get it off the boy that comes round in van, fine with brake cleaner and wd40 type stuff but tfr seems to f**k it up.

Use this stuff in the van
IMG_20230213_092756.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The cheap Asda sprayers are great.

Especially if you've a habit of not being able to find one when you need it, just buy several.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

Wurth 😅

Had it probably close to 10 years, still going strong.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 1631513View attachment 1631514
Got that for the garage no idea what make the sprayer is i just get it off the boy that comes round in van, fine with brake cleaner and wd40 type stuff but tfr seems to f**k it up.

Use this stuff in the van
View attachment 1631515
Looks like a Würth one that
The cheap Asda sprayers are great.

Especially if you've a habit of not being able to find one when you need it, just buy several.
Aye it's done me well but they've stopped selling that particular one now🤣
Wurth 😅

Had it probably close to 10 years, still going strong.
Sound, least they're not shite

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've managed to find Wurth spray bottles way cheaper than anywhere else

They're £15.50 each (as opposed to the £25 everywhere else) but only sell them in multiples of 3. If you want one drop me a message by the end of the day

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Watch them wurth spray bottles, I pumped one years back and the seal blew, brake cleaner straight in the face and eyes.

I can see why people hold the trigger on and then pump…

Fodda172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 sport
As we are on the subject of cleaning, what do you all use or what’s the best to get oil off an engine? My engines a proper mess & needs cleaning b4 stripping! Cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
As we are on the subject of cleaning, what do you all use or what’s the best to get oil off an engine? My engines a proper mess & needs cleaning b4 stripping! Cheers

Engine degreaser?

Isn't that what it's made for?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It is, I was asking what product people are using because I’ve had stuff in the past that was rubbish! But thanks anyway 👍🏻
I start off giving everything a good jet wash then paint brush old school Gunk, which I think is largely paraffin? several times followed by more jet washing and more moaning from her over how terrible the house now smells then I follow it all up with something detergent based, washing up liquid or detergent based engine cleaner if your minted from Autoglym etc. Bike cleaner from muc off is pretty decent too.

Then airline it dry. Steam cleaner would be epic for this too I bet.

I bought some of these the other day.

I’ve long had some T handle ones but wasn’t aware Halfords sold them in screwdriver form. And less than a tenner for the set too!

76B8CFC0-F31A-41B4-A91D-70CDFB9F7708.jpeg

Picked up a retractable air hose reel for a shade over £40 at Eurocarparts with their latest £5 off over £40 spend voucher code. Chinese made no doubt.

DF0F196E-62A8-4485-A2D6-C1900ECD6213.jpeg

Always fancied one despite rarely using air tools these days. At that money I thought I’d give it a punt. Fully expect it to have perished by the time I first use it 😂

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
the tool academy has got cheap laser tools atm

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
the tool academy has got cheap laser tools atm

s-l1600.jpg