ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Other Build.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Thought I'd post up my other car build incase anyone is interested. I'm just bored and thought I'd do it :).
I had a 2003 Volkswagen Bora and absolutely loved the car but I had problem after problem with it. So decided to put it to one side and purchase a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta.

s.jpg

1st thing to sort was the audio as the standard CD player was knackerd and wouldn't skip songs. I managed to get the off the Bay for £280.

cd.jpg

Really good for the price and really can't fault it (Y)

Decided to get some new wheels. I wanted some Helios but opted for some Rotiform BLQ's (reps).

photo2-2_zps41c5a2f1.jpg

They're 19x8.5 so alot of lows were needed to pull them off. I decided on some FK coilovers and before I installed them I removed the helper spring to get enough lows. This was the result.

From this
photo2_zps8ef36591.jpg

To This
2D67355F-770E-456B-8741-DD518D2D0CF8-370-0000000351E230A2_zpsd5ba01d5.jpg

I also tinted my rear lights and got the private reg on.

From this
229585_391197397620096_2000141439_n.jpg

To This
89FB2AC8-84B6-49D0-8DA2-55ACE7230190-2711-000000CA1C898E6A_zps890aa244.jpg

I ran with some Nokya Yellow bulbs for a while too.
2-3_zpsc184a0a0.jpg

I ended up getting bored of them and swapping back to the Osram's though.

Decided to go a little more lower
image_2_zpse96e2af6.jpg

Was kind of a big mistake as the driveshaft popped out of the gearbox. (This actually happened 3x).

I then raised the car up a tad and sprayed the slats on my grill black
null_zpsd884d880.jpg

null_zpseaf05d63.jpg

1016169_561647750540763_1378646340_n2_zps7415e354.jpg

The few MM of arch gap was killing me so I ended up winding them back down after a couple of weeks.

Painted the calipers blue
null_zps650bad44.jpg

That's about it for now. Thanks for taking the time to check this out. I'll leave a couple of photos of how it is today.

null_zps3c965c3e.jpg

null_zpsae60b045.jpg

I like it apart from the yellow sidelight thingies mate. Would look so much cleaner with a normal set. Good work though.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
I like it apart from the yellow sidelight thingies mate. Would look so much cleaner with a normal set. Good work though.

Thanks mate :). It's the main beam that's yellow. The reflection from the glass gives the reflector a yellow tint. I've been contemplating on changing them but I'm not too sure if I like them or not haha.

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
I really like that. Well played.

Thanks mate :)

Looks good, have you sorted the driveshaft issue?

Thanks, I hope I've sorted it. I had an issue with the bolts coming loose the other week but I've since loctited them and everything still seems good :)

Bloody cool that. Wheels suit it so much!

Thanks mate. The wheels are actually due a refurb as there is quite a bit of kerb rash and pot hole damage from the girlfriend learning to drive :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i got roti blq's on my audi s4 :) mine are genuine ones though :) car looks really good :D

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
i got roti blq's on my audi s4 :) mine are genuine ones though :) car looks really good :D

I only bought them as temps but ended up keeping them for a while longer :(. I'm was saving up for a set of Helios but ended up moving house and spending my savings on that :(. Thanks though mate :)

Really like that, although it looked fine before you re-lowered it, and if that stops DS's popping out, I'd do that!

Thanks dude :). It annoyed me having that slight gap. So I risked it and re-lowered it. It's been over 2000 miles since it has popped out last time (I did have the problem with the nuts coming loose on it though. I just put it down to that I didn't torque them correctly). So fingers crossed it'll be alright for a little bit longer :)

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
For a Jetta, it looks smart. I'd have probably not tinted the rear lights though!

Thanks :). I wanted to go for the R32 look on the rear lights, but the golf rear lights don't fit unfortunately so decided to tint them instead.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Sorry dude I missed your post. It's the 1.9tdi. I read to many horror stories about the turbos and heads on the 2.0tdi :(

Wise to avoid the 2.0tdi tbh. Bloke at work has just got one in an A3 and its using coolant and overboosting (variable vane problems on the turbo)

​Smart Jetta!

Mk1 Clio + Mk5 Jetta
Wise to avoid the 2.0tdi tbh. Bloke at work has just got one in an A3 and its using coolant and overboosting (variable vane problems on the turbo)

​Smart Jetta!

Thanks mate. Yeah I heard that has happened quite a few times with people :(. Apparently the newer models (07+) are alot better. I still don't trust them though lol.