ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
It's happened....Im looking at Ph1's again after selling mine. Would sell the vRS and buy a Ph1 to use every day.
Have seen a black on on eBay for reasonable money....

Made me laugh seeing this I bought another one last week :smile: not many for sale at the minute, good luck with the hunt, they look great in black

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
What's the vrs details
2002 (02 plate), hatch back, silver, sun roof (apparently rare?), new clutch, cambelt and tension, water pump and oil pick up pipe in March at 118k miles, currently on 123k. Air con re-gassed then too. New front tyres, nice custom made centre and rear section stainless steel exhaust however is not loud (you would struggle to hear the difference if you didn't know what it was like before), interior in very good condition. Stacks of history and wants nothing mechanically. Pulls very well in every gear, no funny noises from the engine or turbo. Some cosmetic marks which I would sort out if I keep it.

My girlfriend is moving in and she will need to use the car and thinks the Octavia is massive. I'm using this as an excuse to buy another Clio. Realistically I will sell up in the new year as I don't have anywhere to store a third car, let alone the two I have!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710049957712?keywords=172&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&make=RENAULT&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&postcode=gl22dh&radius=1500&page=1
for £5k I want a little more than OEM. The track one on eBay has ITB's and cams with a lot more kit and the same money

Yes I am bored and currently looking on the internet at things I shouldn't be, and I don't mean adult material, I mean cars I might like to buy.

In other news, anyone want to swap a Ph1 172 for an Octavia vRS?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
That is good money, to be fair it does look good in a great colour, but still, think I would rather buy the exclusive on eBay that's 1.6k although I really don't like the interior in the exclusives

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
That is good money, to be fair it does look good in a great colour, but still, think I would rather buy the exclusive on eBay that's 1.6k although I really don't like the interior in the exclusives
If the Exlcuisve was to be a second car I would buy it and swap the interior without a thought. But as it is to be the daily I don't want to put that much effort into it.....yet.
Odessey Blue, Scarab Green (just ruined with the interior!) and Flame Red are the best colours IMO.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
If the Exlcuisve was to be a second car I would buy it and swap the interior without a thought. But as it is to be the daily I don't want to put that much effort into it.....yet. Odessey Blue, Scarab Green (just ruined with the interior!) and Flame Red are the best colours IMO.

I did know of a flame red one for sale not that long ago, not sure if it sold or not, will see if I can find out, it was good money though and not standard. Would it just be seats and the front door cards that would need changing? I doubt the interior is that bad in real life

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

I did know of a flame red one for sale not that long ago, not sure if it sold or not, will see if I can find out, it was good money though and not standard. Would it just be seats and the front door cards that would need changing? I doubt the interior is that bad in real life

Oh really? Talk to me.

Why the f**k am I even writing this? The last thing in the world I need is another ph1 flamer but I'm not sure I can help myself.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Oh really? Talk to me. Why the f**k am I even writing this? The last thing in the world I need is another ph1 flamer but I'm not sure I can help myself.

Have messaged the guy who was selling, I am not sure it ever went up for sale officially but have asked him if he still has it and I will let you know by PM if he does and some contact details :up:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye if he's up for selling and isn't taking the piss cash wise I'd defo be interested.

And yeah, it's definitely an illness, i want to try other cars but can't seem to help myself!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
That oddesey for £5k isn t standard either. Has different shocks on as you can see from the inside of the arch and also poking through the top mounts.

Look like Koni yellows?

17th birthday pic !
56b8ab43-4077-4e5d-a16d-c32a02dee8f7_zps6knqdsg5.png