ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The PH1 172 Appreciation Thread.

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
The sunflower before i covered it up for the winter.
Does anybody have some wheels to stand it on while i get the originals restored ?

Attachments

• IMG_20160730_104230.jpg
    IMG_20160730_104230.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20160730_104326.jpg
    IMG_20160730_104326.jpg
    980.5 KB · Views: 161
  Megane R26
Picked this up last Week,
94k miles

Almost standard, lots of plans but keeping it mostly oe externally, it's too clean to ruin. Lots of bits being swapped over From my 182.

I have a spare bonnet, where's the best place for aero catches? Might help make it look a bit more 'mean and purposeful'.
coelombs.jpg

cutwfgh5.jpg

tyjekb2x.jpg

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
So why are there so few Phase1's about. Everyone seems to break them, or is it just getting the belts et al all sorted that puts people off.

Is there anything other than rust to watch? as my belts due early next year and she is no minter. Paid £550 for her a year ago and she's doing proud as a track car. Paint seems to be the main issue, it seems to be fading pretty much all over (Thats why covered in blue decals)
At the moment the plan is to shell out £700 ish to get it all done
Love the car btw.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I’ve had 4 now & still think about getting another.

Quite fancy an exclusive.

Remember nearly buying a 52 plate exclusive about 7 or 8 years ago.

Must have been one of the last registered, was pretty cheap too iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Chris.. hows things.!? Blimey... A 52 plate Exclusive..!? I thought the latest registered were two 02 plate cars..! Should've bought that..! lol My old Exclusive is long gone now... :(

Looks mint

Thank you..!

This special car needs more photos please Shaun :smile:

Hey Mossy lad... I'll dig some out. I was hoping to bring it along to ORS this year, but just ran out of time to get it ready. Its still SORN and the MOT has run out. So its been left in its slumber for a little while longer.. lol.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Must. Not. Open. This. Thread.

In other news, people may have seen on Facebook my old one might be for sale, lad posted a “what’s it worth” ad and was shocked it was worth what he paid for it despite getting the belts done. Part of me says buy it back. Part of me says never in a million years.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Not posted in here for a while and grabbed some pics earlier of the Ph1, was dirty but was out for a drive, first time it's been out for a couple of weeks, I washed it before it went back in the garage :smile:

24711112088_4ed63ac672_b.jpg

38550962332_cd96369c34_b.jpg

24711109908_5540a60a63_b.jpg

38550961382_11fa3d7244_b.jpg

24711115058_af39d11ae5_b.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
daren't take any pics of mine, she's been on the daily grind for month.........and not cleaned it in that time............absolutely ditched!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
daren't take any pics of mine, she's been on the daily grind for month.........and not cleaned it in that time............absolutely ditched!
That sounds just like the cup, we lost our family car so the cup has been doing daily duties, it's not pretty at the moment :smile:

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got a project thread to be honest. Spec wise, okay this might take a while I've never wrote up a full spec list before...

Engine:
Cat cam 438s
AT Power ITBs
R26 injectors
PMS AC delete
Mocal oil cooler
PMS catch tank

Suspension:
BC racing inverted mono tube adjustable coilovers with stiffer spring rates than factory
PMS top mounts
PMS brace
ACS roll centre correction kit
Black series wishbone bushes
PMS stud and nut conversion
Whiteline rear ARB
Powerflex camber bolts
Full cup racer GEO

Brakes:
Cup MC
Proline motorsport full abs delete with braided lines from MC ran internally to each caliper
Willwood bias valve
Rc8e CL pads
Standard calipers
HC discs

Interior:
Safety devices r017 rear cage with double cross bar, harness bar and b pillar mounts
PMS shifter
Sparco circuit 2 seat
sabelt passenger sear
5 point sabelt cup racer harnesses
Flocked dash
OMP wheel with 30mm spacer
Roof scoop

Rear diffuser is a full carbon fibre universal diffuser made to fit.

Wheels I have
2118s with ad08s
OZ ultralaggers with Michelin slicks
Team dynamics 1.2 with trofeo r pirellis

The trofeos are for the odd entry onto time attack next year :smile:

Probably forgot a fair bit but that's it off the top of my head

Last edited:

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Heres a video of my quickets lap around croft (local track)

A video from a friends car following (prior to the ITBs and cams in mine) we always have a good battle at the end of the day on track

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
best mod I have tbh, rate it over the RCCK, that and slicks made the most difference :cool:

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
interestingly the car is quicker round croft than my last one which had the gripper diff but no RC and just toyo 888s. agreed that the slicks make a massive difference!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
interestingly the car is quicker round croft than my last one which had the gripper diff but no RC and just toyo 888s. agreed that the slicks make a massive difference!

in order for me in terms of making a 'feel able difference' its slicks over diff over RCCK, the full slicks made the single biggest difference ime.

however this is not timing so it could be placebo effect etc. perhaps, there's nothing scientific in it from me, just how the car feels to drive to me, plus my diff is only ATB, quaife, not a plate diff which presumably makes a difference as well :)

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Id aggree with that tbh, it's not just the grip of the slicks but the feel on turn in with the stiff sidewalls is fantastic. I couldn't go back to running track day tyres now.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
which do you run, I'm currently on the ginetta Michelins, last forever but the Dunlop's I've had before are defo grippier

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
Im on the same as you the Michelin ex ginetta slicks, ive not tried any others as of yet and other than me flat spotting then they have lasted very well! would be tempted to try some other but at the price you can get the Michelins for ive never bothered

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah the Michelin's are cheap, fairly readily available and last so so well, they're really hard
the Dunlop's I've used in the past, again second hand eBay purchases, were much softer and grippier but lasted barely 4 trackdays and completely dead