ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Post ClioSport Saturday Write Up

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
_DSC0821.jpg

First things first, from myself and on behalf of the whole admin team.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE, CONTINUED SUPPORT AND MAKING CLIOSPORT SATURDAY THE GREAT SUCCESS THAT IT WAS.

We really mean that too.

It's made the amount of time and effort put into doing this thing 100% worth while and it is definitely something that we are going to continue to do on an annual basis; Hopefully each year will be bigger and better.

Onto the event: It was an unusually late start for the majority of us. Unlike FCS, we didn't even get up until 7:00 and we were not at the venue setting up until 8am - We hope you enjoyed the luxury of a lay in!

Upon arrival we set up the AV Van and also the ClioSport Marquee - Which may I add was a little bit touch and go given the fact that Tom and Dan had failed to tell us that the roof for the Marquee was being delivered to the venue on the morning of the event! Luckily it arrived pretty much bang on the time they told us it would arrive.

Screen shot 2011-07-31 at 13.54.10.png

The traders, Renault UK press cars and other 'pre-public' people started arriving shortly after us to get set up.

IMG_0505.jpg

Once we had the shop and rodeo bull set up we could crack on with the event. People started to arrive slowly but surely, and it was a lot more manageable than FCS and Trax; Mainly because our members seem to have been on a 'parking' course since the other events, and everyone did a cracking job. The stand didn't look too bad either given that it was just essentially a car park :approve:

_DSC0827.jpg

_DSC0815.jpg

One of our unannounced surprises for you guys was the Free rodeo bull! Tom thought he could boss it:

IMG_0509.jpgIMG_0510.jpg

Evidently not!

Unfortunately not many people made use of the rodeo bull. I think this is because no one really knew about it and whether it was free or not, either way it was there and it got used - all good :approve:

macmillan-logo.jpg As well as the event being about getting you guys meeting each other and putting forum names to faces, it was also an opportunity to raise some money for Macmillan Cancer support in memory of Dan Bayes. I won't disclose in here how much money was raised, as Dan is going to do a separate write up for that, but what I will say is a very impressive amount of money was raised for a great cause, so thanks to everyone who purchased a ticket.

After the raffle had been completed, it was time for the ClioSport award ceremony.

Congratulations to the following people!

Best RenaultSport of the show

Matt S - AKA Vecbtb

Best Non-Sport of the show

Vicky S - AKA Vickyx

Club Spirit award

Paul H - AKA Harpham

Commitment to Admin

Nik & Brian

_DSC0869.jpg

Finally I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following people for the help and support they gave the event (in no particular order!):

Dan freeman
Jeremy Townsend - Renault UK
ClioV6.net
Tony Hunter
Everyone who bought a raffle ticket
All the traders who attended
20Ten Racing
Heritage Motor Centre

All in all it was an excellent day and we thoroughly enjoyed speaking to our members and putting names to faces. What a fantastic weekend.

There will shortly be a survey on the event so we can quantify what you did/didn't like and to gather your feedback on the day so we can make the 2012 event even better, so please keep an eye out and take the time to fill this out if you were in attendance. :approve:

All the best,
ClioSport Admin team.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Massive thanks to all of you, it was a bloody brilliant weekend.

I think I met everyone I wanted to too.

(And managed to avoid most of the choppers I don't like)

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Massive thanks to all of you, it was a bloody brilliant weekend.

I think I met everyone I wanted to too.

(And managed to avoid most of the choppers I don't like)

Same here for once.

Thanks for a great day to all of the admin, all the hard work is appreciated. (I didn't know the bull was free!!!!!)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
TBH for what was originally dubbed as a 'test' event for next year, I was properly shocked at the turn out.

I unfortunatley didn't get to meet some people I wanted too, however it was a great day. Found myself staying much later than any other show just because of the people there and sorting bits out that you cant do at other shows (ie getting dings removed! Thanks Luke!)

Fiesta ST-3
Cracking weekend. I was truly surprised at how well everything was organised and how much fun everyone was having. The weather was perfect also.

Thanks a lot guys.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Great weekend both at the show & @ tonys ( a big thanks to Tony)

will be going again next year!

S

(I didn't know the bull was free!!!!!)

+1, I had no idea!!

Top day, well organised and admin were very welcoming in the CS tent... Got to speak to a few unknowns as well and spoke with Tom about how CS Saturday only works if people make an effort to chat!! Nice to see 90% of people making that effort!!

Cheers!

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Got to speak to a few unknowns as well and spoke with Tom about how CS Saturday only works if people make an effort to chat!! Nice to see 90% of people making that effort!!

Cheers!

Exactly! We start the ball rolling but it's you guys that will essentially decide how big or great CS Saturday will become.

Sprint 172
Thanks again to all the admin team for putting this together. It was hugely impressive especially considering it was the first one. Thanks for my trophy, I didn't expect to win anything as a thought my antics would probably dismay and confuse most members!

How was the airbox on the way back?

Quiet :approve:

Thanks again to all the admin team for putting this together. It was hugely impressive especially considering it was the first one. Thanks for my trophy, I didn't expect to win anything as a thought my antics would probably dismay and confuse most members!

I'll be honest, at first glance I thought it was broken! Haha

The prizes that were unclaimed will be sorted over the next few days mate.

Unless it was one of the small prizes, in which case it was just redone.

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks for everything guys, was an awesome day!

My award was the icing on the cake and I'm chuffed. Bring on next years! :D

SG9 Forester STi
PMSL busted! No Rob told me I had but by the time I got to the front they'd moved on and I didn't want to look like a plonker :p.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You looked fantastic on Saturday Vicky as did the car. Well done.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It was erm... Interesting! Charlie just looked at me with a blank expression everytime I spoke!

Even the missus was taking the piss ffs!

www.renparts.co.uk
Does anybody know if there is any pics of our stand floating around? We had a good day getting to meet some of you lot :)

Ph1 Vee #457 & 850-R
Awesome day out and many thanks for inviting our little Vee's along. Credit to you all and thanks once again. Woody.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It was erm... Interesting! Charlie just looked at me with a blank expression everytime I spoke!

Even the missus was taking the piss ffs!

I had no fcuking clue what you were saying. Absolutely none.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Flol! Same.

That accent is actually priceless!

You'd better be coming to CSS next year, I'll have mastered it by then. (Scottish mechanic starting in the garage next to us on friday! lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't start ffs.

I got jip all day, luckily i'm thick skinned... (and big boned)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've never met someone with such a strong Bristolian accent before! Wow!

We need to get drinks together next year i'll make sure of it! I'll try and fly down depending where it's being held.

Same place suits me!

*remember suncream! Neck is still burning!