ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power of Bird Poo

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Parked my car in a multistorey car park the other day, and a seagull still managed to poo all over it :dapprove::mad:

I just washed it off and where the poo had been on my newly colourcoded rear bumper it had eaten into the paint, I had to wet sand and then scratch-x it to make it shiny again!

Not overly worried cos the bumper needs to come off and have another coat of lacquer at some point but I just couldn't believe the power of the poo!

A4 Avant & A3
i'm forever washing my car, as birds seem to love pooing on it when it's on my drive!! every day!!

Very nasty stuff that bird cr*p, one of our works cars never got washed in the 3 years of having it.. you could see where the poo had been when clean!! proper dull paint work.
Hence i'm washing mine all the time now!!.. i need a garage or a car port!

D

dick

my cars been shitted on twice in a year.

once otherday on bumper, other time on bonnet.

A4 Avant & A3
twice in a year!!..
Mines more like twice an hour... normally more!

My neighbours have a birds nest on their house. great!

106 GTi
Renault paint seems to allow it to etch quicker than on any other cars I have seen, hot sun at this time of year is not going to help tho.

Clio 197
A good coat of wax 'n' sealant seems to work for me.

As long as I keep on top of waxing/sealing, bird poo doesn't seem to have an effect.

My old 1.2 on the other hand.... GAWD, I didn't believe my eyes when I saw what bird poo can do! It's nasty stuff, lol!

PS, bird poo ruined the finish on my spanking new A3 - all the T-Cut in the world wouldn't get it out!

Last edited:
  Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Oms said:
A good coat of wax 'n' sealant seems to work for me.

As long as I keep on top of waxing/sealing, bird poo doesn't seem to have an effect.

My old 1.2 on the other hand.... GAWD, I didn't believe my eyes when I saw what bird poo can do! It's nasty stuff, lol!

PS, bird poo ruined the finish on my spanking new A3 - all the T-Cut in the world wouldn't get it out!

Wax and sealed paint seems loads better, it was all down the boot lid and that just wiped off. I can't seal the bumper atm though cos it's new paint :(

I have learnt the hard way, remove poo asap :eek:

RB182cup&golf gti
my mates citroen C2 got crapped on the other day and it was still fresh so wiped it off and it had etched the paint - wouldnt mind but there was a good couple of layers of klasse sealant on there. Took a lot to get rid of, megs DC#1 in the end got rid of it