ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Moonshot

Make sure Dragon Center is up to date, then you can go to Mystic light on the left menu. If you have the link chain symbol in red then it means its syncing the colours/pattern for you. It also shows you what it can control so in my case its the MB and the RAM.

1606339153000.png

If you click the cog icon next to Mystic Light on the right you can see this.

1606339188247.png

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If you get anymore issues let me know as we do have some very similar parts. The thing that pisses me off about the Cooler Master fans is you can't set them to a single colour and because i don't want 4/5 different software just to control the RGB everything is just on rainbow puke :LOL:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Just downloaded and started playing Arma 3. Most infuriating thing I think I’ve ever played.

Got through the tutorial fine, not a problem there. Dived into the campaign... Jesus f**king christ. Time after time after time I shoot someone 15 times in a row from behind a rock and the tosser one-shots me whilst standing in the open not even giving a s**t. Shirley for such an accurate war sim the enemy should be just as mortal as I am.

Then I found myself in a minefield whilst being attacked, which was a variation of the above except with jump scares.

I’m going to keep trying but dear me it’s a struggle.

Just downloaded and started playing Arma 3. Most infuriating thing I think I’ve ever played.

Got through the tutorial fine, not a problem there. Dived into the campaign... Jesus f**king christ. Time after time after time I shoot someone 15 times in a row from behind a rock and the tosser one-shots me whilst standing in the open not even giving a s**t. Shirley for such an accurate war sim the enemy should be just as mortal as I am.

Then I found myself in a minefield whilst being attacked, which was a variation of the above except with jump scares.

I’m going to keep trying but dear me it’s a struggle.
Couple missions in I found my self out of ammo and my team about 200 metres away and thought, this is s**t! 😄 And yeah, the appalling aim, makes no sense.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Years ago in the days of the Opteron and Core Duo/Quad I had an all singing watercooling setup. Circa 2004-2008. The biggest overclocks pushing 100%. I'll have to see if I've got any old cpuz screenshots.

Since then I haven't really bothered other than the odd 100-200mhz.

CPUs don't seem to have much headroom nowadays but I've bought a Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT to see what I can get out of my Ryzen 3600 on air cooling.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Years ago in the days of the Opteron and Core Duo/Quad I had an all singing watercooling setup. Circa 2004-2008. The biggest overclocks pushing 100%. I'll have to see if I've got any old cpuz screenshots.

Since then I haven't really bothered other than the odd 100-200mhz.

CPUs don't seem to have much headroom nowadays but I've bought a Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT to see what I can get out of my Ryzen 3600 on air cooling.

I remember overclocking my E2160 to 3.3GHz. Pretty good considering the base clock was 1.8GHz.

Good times.

172 Turbo
PCs annoy me, so I've built up a lovely pile of parts to rebuild mine as it was repeatedly switching off.

Been waiting for a processor deal on Black Friday and since the 3070 was delivered it hasn't done it once, so everything is boxed up to return again. No idea why it was doing it.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
wanna larf......?
man runs with pc for 10-11 years, goes completely OTT with upgrade.
Man buys Corsair 115i 280mm cooler
But.....
Man has Fractal Design R2 case
where the *&$@!*& rad won't fit even though it has two 280mm fan spaces......

Update:
Man has made AIO fit without cutting anything, only had to make some brackets...
awaiting CPU compound....

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Don't know if anyone was on the 3060ti launch yesterday, it was farcical, Scan sold out in seconds (so presumably incredibly low stock), as did everywhere else.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Don't know if anyone was on the 3060ti launch yesterday, it was farcical, Scan sold out in seconds (so presumably incredibly low stock), as did everywhere else.

Stock levels were supposedly that of the other 3 cards combined. Which means they made about 12.

I will be looking to get one of these myself next year once everything has settled down.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Scan f*cked me over on the Zen 3 5800x, i had it in the basked, tried to make payment, declined the paypal payment and then took the item out my basket, and were sold out in about 4 mins.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Update:
Man has made AIO fit without cutting anything, only had to make some brackets...
awaiting CPU compound....
Update 2
Man made AIO fit and work!
Corsair iCUE f^*!# firmware upgrade.......
AIO becomes invisible to systen and is stuck on 'extreme' profile.
Corsair says send it back....
Found a post on a forum
-look for .hex file with AIO name
-copy to iCUE folder
-remove all text in hex file before AIO name.
-Reboot in safemode
-Kill any Corsair processes still running
-Drag hex file on to XMCBOOTLOADER.EXE (might take a few tries)
Rejoice in revived hardware.....

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Update 2
Found a post on a forum
-copy to iCUE folder
-Reboot in safemode

I really can't stand iCue. I set my H100i up using Corsair Link which lets you save a profile to the cooler directly. That way you don't need any software running.

Anyone seen any articles on VRAM capacity vs bandwidth?

Curious as to how futureproof an 8GB RTX 3060 Ti will be at 1440p over the next couple of years considering that next gen consoles should start to stretch AAA titles a bit more. Although 8GB on the 3060/3070 sounds a bit limited I'm aware that GDDR6 has twice the bandwidth of GDDR5, and GDDR6X a further increase so raw throughput is akin to 16GB+ on a Pascal era card. Seems plausible that a 6700 or 6700XT could have say 12GB, but then you're sacrificing RT performance.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Update 2
Found a post on a forum
-copy to iCUE folder
-Reboot in safemode
Had a similar one with Radeon software the other day. Wouldn't even load it "the versions between windows and Radeon do not match, please install updates"

Had to rewrite the version in regedit and then update the drivers and it still didn't work properly. Bag of shite😂

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone seen any articles on VRAM capacity vs bandwidth?

Curious as to how futureproof an 8GB RTX 3060 Ti will be at 1440p over the next couple of years considering that next gen consoles should start to stretch AAA titles a bit more. Although 8GB on the 3060/3070 sounds a bit limited I'm aware that GDDR6 has twice the bandwidth of GDDR5, and GDDR6X a further increase so raw throughput is akin to 16GB+ on a Pascal era card. Seems plausible that a 6700 or 6700XT could have say 12GB, but then you're sacrificing RT performance.
Something like the 8GB RTX 3060 Ti should be fine for 1080p and 1440p for a couple of years or so. However, that's not to say that some of the more demanding games may need slight config / setting tweaks to balance performance vs. fidelity. VRAM usage is going to climb for sure - more complex rendering methods will increase the need for more G-buffer space, higher fidelity source assets will be competing for space, non-graphics GPU related work (highly parallel) will also come with its own VRAM requirements. That said, there has been (and continues to be) work going on in the various underlying graphics APIs that take advantage of new hardware features and new novel data transfer methods that reduce the amount of data being sent to/from the GPU (across the bus) - reducing bandwidth costs and making more efficient use of available VRAM.

If raytracing is your thing then the nVidia cards are the way to go at the moment. However, a very strong case can be put forward for AMDs cards simply due to the fact they really have upped their game massively and, with this new generation of cards at least, invested heavily in the rasterization performance of their cards. It was, in my opinion, a sensible move to dedicate more of their cards' die space to more VRAM and high speed cache (and not dedicated Tensor cores or equivalent). They are effectively a step or two behind with the RT stuff hence focused on matching (or surpassing in some cases) the rasterization performance of nVidia. There's a lot of work going on right now at both Team Green and Team Red - this latest round of GPU wars seems to have spurred both teams on somewhat, which is a good thing for the end user. Assuming they can get their hands on stock...

(All in my opinion of course). :LOL:

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Question

I have changed a lot of settings in the nvidia control panel to favour higher frame rate whilst sacrificing image quality. I only changed these settings for warzone. However, when I play RDR2 and I want it to look the best it can, I find myself having to go back into the settings and resetting to default or manually changing the settings back to favour image quality, before launching the game.

Is there a work around to this? Saving settings under different profiles etc? Seems to be a bit tedious.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You can set them by program in the control panel. You will need to search for the Warzone .exe if it's not on the list.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ok thanks. I’ll try it tomorrow and report back. (With more questions probably) 👍🏻

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I've gave up trying to get one for the moment, when they are in stock they are sold out and on eBay within minutes 😂

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Cyberpunk downloaded ready for Thursday, can't wait for all the exciting launch bugs 🙃

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve gotta wait until the 10th for my code. No
big deal really as I’ll be out all day on the 10th so I can’t play it right away anyway