ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I had a play with the built in RGB that my case has. I've finally settled on leaving it like this.

MVIMG_20201227_202809.jpg

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Looking to upgrade my 32GB 2666MHz to 32GB 3600MHz

Prices are around £135-150. What do people use? I'm not arsed about RGB because I'm not a toe sucking bathwater drinker

If you want to join bath water gang then I'm using some Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz. If you don't fancy a drink, the Team Group stuff on Overclockers would of been my choice.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Here's the best one

4x8GB 3200MHz CAS16 - £195
2x8GB 3200MHz CAS16 - £80

Like f**k the 4 sticks are going to be silicon matched, it'll be 2 sets of 2x8 ffs 😂

And tbh I checked my board last night and it's only suited to 3200 + OC. I'll run the 2666 with the 3700x and then probably get an X570 and some new memory in the January sales... and then maybe some new fans... and maybe another M.2 NVMe (one that doesn't die within a f**king week)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh i didn't know this 😂 I bought 3600 C18 earlier this year as they were cheap.

I had to go into the motherboard bios and change a setting for it to run at 3600 though. I doubt i would notice the difference as I'm new to pc gaming.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
3700X is here, idle temps 30°C with a Cryorig H7

Cinebenched it and it scored 12.5k and sat just a hair below 60°C. Still gonna replace my RAM for something quicker though. January sales have been poor yet again!

Been having a nightmare the last few days with audio issues (crackling and popping when sound was played). First I thought it was a game issue. Then I noticed it watching youtube. Started testing all my speaker cables, tried headphones. Opened up the PC to check connections since I've replaced the psu and gpu recently. Thought maybe the motherboard might be on its way out. Maybe a dodgy psu?

Then I remembered I overclocked the ram to 3200 when I was last in the bios. The MB is rated to 3466, the ram is 3200, so it shouldn't be an issue. Put it back to 2133 and the audio seems fine now. That is the highest the MB supports without overclocking.

Quick google and my asus MB seems to be the issue. Putting the voltage too high when overclocking? So I guess I'll just leave it at 2133 :LOL:

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Been having a nightmare the last few days with audio issues (crackling and popping when sound was played). First I thought it was a game issue. Then I noticed it watching youtube. Started testing all my speaker cables, tried headphones. Opened up the PC to check connections since I've replaced the psu and gpu recently. Thought maybe the motherboard might be on its way out. Maybe a dodgy psu?

Then I remembered I overclocked the ram to 3200 when I was last in the bios. The MB is rated to 3466, the ram is 3200, so it shouldn't be an issue. Put it back to 2133 and the audio seems fine now. That is the highest the MB supports without overclocking.

Quick google and my asus MB seems to be the issue. Putting the voltage too high when overclocking? So I guess I'll just leave it at 2133 :LOL:
2133?

Standard DDR4 should run at 2666 without any issue as that's the usual base clock😂 Have you updated drivers and BIOS?

2133 is the highest the MB specs say it can run. Anything higher is classed as overclocked. So I'm just leaving it at that rather than running in to issues. Everything is up to date. It's just an old MB