ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Wow GTA would be amazing 😂

ingame_3x1.jpg

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
As Christopher said, its insanely immersive, having spent all my life looking at 16:9 its amazing how much more inside the game you feel.
And then being able to use it for work and have a full 16:9 window then another vertical window alongside is really good.
That said, you need some decent PC grunt to drive it at high FPS when gaming.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As Christopher said, its insanely immersive, having spent all my life looking at 16:9 its amazing how much more inside the game you feel.
And then being able to use it for work and have a full 16:9 window then another vertical window alongside is really good.

Yep, I mainly play Destiny 2, driving games and RPGs so it's ideal for me, pretty much full support and so immersive.

Working on it earlier I was able to have my email, InDesign, Illustrator and my Google Chat open on the same screen and all fully usable :cool: I could never go back now. Ultrawide MasterRace convert.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Same base components just inside a different case. Fancied going Mini-itx:

Coolermaster NR200P
Aurous Z390 Pro Wifi (Mini-itx)
8700K (Kept from existing system)
EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 (Kept from existing system)
Silverstone SF power supply
NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO
16Gb 3200 Corsair RAM (Kept from existing system)
feff72cb-bd21-4bda-b1f9-c2c358d93c1e-jpg.jpg

Built it last night and managed to stress test it also. CPU and GPU have reasonable overclock on them (CPU @ 4.9GHZ, GPU +125 core & + 500 memory). CPU tops out at 66C and GPU 75C.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered a Secret Labs chair to replace my 5 year old Vertagear one that is starting to die now. I probably sit in it for 12+ hours a day, so that's good going for me with a chair. Gone for the Omega in Softweave fabric, the charcoal blue one

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered a Secret Labs chair to replace my 5 year old Vertagear one that is starting to die now. I probably sit in it for 12+ hours a day, so that's good going for me with a chair. Gone for the Omega in Softweave fabric, the charcoal blue one

Hopefully your one arrives. My one was sent out by Hermes (despite the website saying DHL), it never arrived and they are only now processing a refund after it was ordered back in November...

Ended up ordering a proper ergo chair instead.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Got the M.2 in and managed to get it visible in Windows. Will have a look at transferring everything tomorrow.

Managed to find the screw, after thinking it wasn't in the motherboard bags and placing an Amazon order for some. Too damn small!

Ended up just using the Samsung Clone tool late one night. Took just under an hour going from a 1tb (nearly full) 860 Evo to a 2tb 970 Evo Plus.

Chucked the 860 into an older Dell laptop which has given it a nice kick up the arse and put the SSHD drive from the laptop back into the computer to put game captures on.

Now just to wait a year or two for a GPU........:sick:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ended up just using the Samsung Clone tool late one night. Took just under an hour going from a 1tb (nearly full) 860 Evo to a 2tb 970 Evo Plus.

Chucked the 860 into an older Dell laptop which has given it a nice kick up the arse and put the SSHD drive from the laptop back into the computer to put game captures on.

Now just to wait a year or two for a GPU........:sick:
Yep. the whole situation sucks tbh.

That's the main reason I went for a prebuilt, it'd be f*cking September if I waited for a card as a consumer at this rate.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Forgot about this thread, got a 3090 in Nov and recently I had to replace my CPU AIO as it decided to die as I found out when my CPU was idling in Windows at 70c.

Will be getting an AIO for the GPU when Alphacool start making them, cba with custom loops anymore, the 3090 is undervolted running a flashed Giga bios, just the cooler is abit shite.

Also bought a LG 34GN850 34" 3440x1440, absolutely brilliant monitor, should have bought one years ago, was worried an ultra wide would f**k up competitive FPS games moving from an ASUS Rog but it’s made no difference, absolutely amazing tbh.

I’ll update my CPU/Mobo/Ram when Intel make something worth purchasing.

A4236E70-17C9-49AC-A8F0-07BDF25D2688.jpeg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Forgot about this thread, got a 3090 in Nov and recently I had to replace my CPU AIO as it decided to die as I found out when my CPU was idling in Windows at 70c.

Will be getting an AIO for the GPU when Alphacool start making them, cba with custom loops anymore, the 3090 is undervolted running a flashed Giga bios, just the cooler is abit shite.

Also bought a LG 34GN850 34" 3440x1440, absolutely brilliant monitor, should have bought one years ago, was worried an ultra wide would f**k up competitive FPS games moving from an ASUS Rog but it’s made no difference, absolutely amazing tbh.

I’ll update my CPU/Mobo/Ram when Intel make something worth purchasing.

View attachment 1533555
Nice, 360 rad?

Does your case not cover the PSU and cabling? Hard to tell which case it is from that

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
@Greeny. AFAIK the problem with AIOs for the 3080 and 3090 GPUs is there is too much variation - they need bespoke water blocks unless they’re 100% based on the reference design. Your Zotac will need a bespoke water block unless there’s a big enough market to start doing model-specific AIOs - I’m in the same boat with my Zotac 3080.

One good thing is EKWB have just started shipping an actively cooled backplate for Zotac cards - especially good for the 3090 with its VRAM on the back of the card.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
@charltjr Alphacool confirmed to me in January that the Eiswolf 2 ‘s were coming it was just taking them some time, which I would imagine would be down to exactly what you’ve mentioned. My board is used for 12 different cards iirc.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Sweeeet! Thanks for that.

I'm building my own slightly ghetto watercooling setup at the moment so I will no doubt be kicking myself when they come out and make it all easy :D

Last edited:
Ah yes a thread that applies to me.

Recently upgraded my 2070 super to a brand new 3080. It's the suprim X from MSI. Got it around december when prices were still kind of okay. Paid 1000 euro's for it.

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

The juicy specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 3080 Suprim X 10G
HDD: WD Blue 2TB
Nvme SSD: Intel 660p 1tb
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster Z
CPU cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH Edition
RAM: Corsair 3000mhz 16gb
PSU: Corsair RM750
Case: Fracatal Design Define R5

That's about it I think.

I've recently moved so my new setup is still a bit of a mess but I'm running a dual monitor setup. Main monitor is 144hz ofc.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Collecting my new build on Friday, Scan just updated me this morning :cool:

Scratch that, it's been delayed until next Wednesday. FFS. I wouldn't mind if they didn't advertise 5-10 days for 3070 builds when I ordered.

Seems like once they've got your money they're pretty keen to be realistic. :rolleyes:

I can't really grumble too much, if I don't have it then they'll have another 50 people that would!

Evo 5 RS
I must have gone back to 16:9 so many times at this point after having four or five 21:9 panels. Productivity, yes. Gaming...still not convinced. There's the sim element, but VR is so good for racing these days I don't see the point in that extra FOV. Depends what you play, of course

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
1FC2F834-CCEC-49C4-8904-61FAD05057C9.jpeg

Janky water cooling rig being leak tested :)

I wanted an external all in one unit but no-one supplies them in the UK any more so I hit eBay. £30 for a used Fractal Design case and £120 for used EK D5 pump/reservoir and a nice hefty EK radiator. Run some extension leads for power, wait for the water cooling blocks for the 3080 to arrive, job jobbed.

And yes, I know it’s 33.33333% pointless leak testing a system where you’re going to rip out the CPU block and put a GPU block on there instead - but new toys innit 😂

Janky water cooling rig being leak tested :)

I wanted an external all in one unit but no-one supplies them in the UK any more so I hit eBay. £30 for a used Fractal Design case and £120 for used EK D5 pump/reservoir and a nice hefty EK radiator. Run some extension leads for power, wait for the water cooling blocks for the 3080 to arrive, job jobbed.

And yes, I know it’s 33.33333% pointless leak testing a system where you’re going to rip out the CPU block and put a GPU block on there instead - but new toys innit 😂

I still want to get into custom watercooling at some point but i just cant be bothered with all the different blocks, fittings atm. Upgrading parts without watercooling is just too easy

@Romanian Tyre Fitter I'd just keep the 5600xt till prices eventually go down. Idk about the UK market but nearly everything is running into the 1000's here right now. 3080's go for 1600 new, if you can even find them. Its wild.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I must have gone back to 16:9 so many times at this point after having four or five 21:9 panels. Productivity, yes. Gaming...still not convinced. There's the sim element, but VR is so good for racing these days I don't see the point in that extra FOV. Depends what you play, of course
For fixed perspective stuff then VR is king, yeah.

FPS and anything remotely open world then UW setups are where it's at. RDR2, GTA, Horizon, Death Stranding etc all look incredible on an UW

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
5900X and 3080 pre-built with watercooling on CPU and GPU. 32GB DDR4 3200, 1TB M.2

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Anyone fancy a 3080 Gaming X Trio?

No idea what to sell it for. £3,000? lol
Genuinely how much would you want for it? I'd sell my 3070 and make up the difference if you were serious... and didn't want £2k for it :LOL: (but I understand if you do, you scalping scumbag :cry:)

Evo 5 RS
Genuinely how much would you want for it? I'd sell my 3070 and make up the difference if you were serious... and didn't want £2k for it :LOL: (but I understand if you do, you scalping scumbag :cry:)
lol I've no idea mate. Honestly, it's just the cash influx that's the appeal right now, the offset is that I'll be left with nothing for a good while lol. I paid 850 on New Egg for it last year

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
5900X and 3080 pre-built with watercooling on CPU and GPU. 32GB DDR4 3200, 1TB M.2

Very nice!

I do wonder what the thermals and noise will be like though, that’s a lot of cooling to ask of a convection setup with a single top fan to pull air through. I’d hope Corsair would make a decent stab at it though.

Bit odd that it looks like they have fans mounted on what they say is a watercooled GPU too. Looks like they’ve gone for a fairly standard AIO cooling block for the processor on the card but air cooling for the memory and power components. Seems to be stretching the point a bit to claim it’s water cooled because those fans are still going to need to shift a lot of heat.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice!

I do wonder what the thermals and noise will be like though, that’s a lot of cooling to ask of a convection setup with a single top fan to pull air through. I’d hope Corsair would make a decent stab at it though.

Bit odd that it looks like they have fans mounted on what they say is a watercooled GPU too. Looks like they’ve gone for a fairly standard AIO cooling block for the processor on the card but air cooling for the memory and power components. Seems to be stretching the point a bit to claim it’s water cooled because those fans are still going to need to shift a lot of heat.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
lol I've no idea mate. Honestly, it's just the cash influx that's the appeal right now, the offset is that I'll be left with nothing for a good while lol. I paid 850 on New Egg for it last year

I paid that almost for my 3070. Only recently though

Drop me a PM if you're keen