ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

F82 M4
Very nice!

I was gonna say, so when's the crossfire 7990, but the price of them (or even getting hold of them) is crazy at the moment :D

Edit: is that the right link? I see 2x Nvidia 680 instead of 7990 xD also you beat me!

I've always rocked the 680's mate, it's Rich that has a 7990. :)

Ah I've just seen my score is 3dmark11 and yours is 3dmark. Run a 3dmark11 benchmark and post the results, you will smash 680's mate! :cool:

Bumder With A Buffer
Picks up BF4 yesterday as it was £26 for the digital deluxe on origin.

Had a quick play and seems nice and stable at 120fps on ultra. Haven't played singleplayer yet and really need to get my finger out and wire up some Ethernet points in my house... Wireless is a pain.

Bumder With A Buffer
Been playing with over clocks.

Currently have my i5 at 4.6ghz with voltage of 1.275 according to the MSI control centre....yet I have it set to 1.265 in BIOS??? Weird

Appears stable and Max temp whilst using prime is 55 so far.

What other stress testing stuff is there??

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just gone f*cking mental and bought all this sh*t:

* Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W)
* Asus Z87-PRO USB 3.0 Motherboard (4x DDR3, ATX, 2x PCI Express 3.0/2.0, Intel, Wi-Fi)
* Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 7200rpm 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
* Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive
* EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 384-Bit, 2560x1600, Nvi)
* 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
* Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White Midi Tower Soundproof Case
* 750W Corsair RM Series 80PLUS Gold Modular Power Supply
* Samsung DVDRW.

Severe buyers guilt straight after.

Fiesta ST

* Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W)
* Asus Z87-PRO USB 3.0 Motherboard (4x DDR3, ATX, 2x PCI Express 3.0/2.0, Intel, Wi-Fi)
* EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX780 Superclocked ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, Display Port, 384-Bit, 2560x1600, Nvi)
* 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black Low Profile, PC3-12800 (1600), Non-ECC, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.5V
* Samsung DVDRW.

Nicely done!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm tempted to upgrade too but have managed to spend a small fortune this month, some of which on my server kit so at least I get to play with some tech.

Bumder With A Buffer

* Samsung DVDRW.

Ha I do the same.

I almost bought a 3 screen eyefinity set-up from overclockers that would have cost the best part of £500 including a stand.

I decided getting the cambelt done on the Subaru is/was a little bit more important!

Evo 5 RS
EK GPU triple GPU bridge with Koolance quick disconnects connected. Seeing as I go through GPUs more than hot dinners, makes sense to be able to replace them without having to drain the loop :)

Using them on the CPU and possibly the res too. They're a god send.

57h7.jpg

Oh, and one as a drain line :)

izib.jpg

dr31.jpg

lmn5.jpg

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Loving the 900D Mike!!!

Such a mahoooosive case!!

Had to remove my GPU's from the loop for now as one of them died, as I safeguard I kept them off of water for now, to save draining the loop which is a complete PITA.

0znb.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture!

Also.. The AX1200i is going, hopefully in the bin...

Bad PSU. Always used Corsair, but this one is non-stop buzzing. Especially under load, it is louder than the 2 x GTX680's at full chat.

This is the 3rd AX1200i I've had from Corsair, they've replaced it with a brand new one every time, each one has had the same problem.

Bought an EVGA 1000w P2 to test, not a single noise from it. Very impressed with the build quality too.

Might keep it and replace the AX1200i with it.

Motherboard is also being replaced due to instabilities @ XMP settings speeds, so another RMA there.

This build has been no-end of problems!

Last edited:
Have fun fitting that triple block.

I originally got a double for my 2x 290's (meant to get the 3 slot double rather than 2 slot), theyre such a b**ch t get the o-rings to sit properly when trying to screw them on xD

Once I realised I bought the wrong one after spending like 30min fitting one gpu, i decided to f**k it off altogether lol.

Have fun fitting that triple block.

I originally got a double for my 2x 290's (meant to get the 3 slot double rather than 2 slot), theyre such a b**ch t get the o-rings to sit properly when trying to screw them on xD

Once I realised I bought the wrong one after spending like 30min fitting one gpu, i decided to f**k it off altogether lol.

Evo 5 RS
No there's a guitar in the bottom left of your last picture, I've already seen a case and waterblocks, I know what they are :p

But you're not familiar with an acoustic guitar? It's not mine it's the Mrs. I don't have the patience for it, she's good at strumming though

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, don't. I've heard what c***s the O-rings are.

They aren't thaaaaaaat bad.

Although I've never used one of the CSQ bridges, used the older style.

If you're having a problem with it, try stretching them ever so slightly, like, a tiny amount so that they fit in the crevice, should stay there then.

I did, and didn't have any leaks until I managed to split my radiator... ;)

Evo 5 RS
Loving the 900D Mike!!!

Such a mahoooosive case!!

Had to remove my GPU's from the loop for now as one of them died, as I safeguard I kept them off of water for now, to save draining the loop which is a complete PITA.

0znb.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture!

Also.. The AX1200i is going, hopefully in the bin...

Bad PSU. Always used Corsair, but this one is non-stop buzzing. Especially under load, it is louder than the 2 x GTX680's at full chat.

This is the 3rd AX1200i I've had from Corsair, they've replaced it with a brand new one every time, each one has had the same problem.

Bought an EVGA 1000w P2 to test, not a single noise from it. Very impressed with the build quality too.

Might keep it and replace the AX1200i with it.

Motherboard is also being replaced due to instabilities @ XMP settings speeds, so another RMA there.

This build has been no-end of problems!

I had an AX1200i and yes I can concur it's s**t. Nothing like the AX1200 before it. Seasonic no longer make them so that's probably why. Heard people running 3 Titans with the 1200i and it falling over. Not good! Mine also buzzed. Sorry you've had s**t luck with GPUs! Hopefully I won't follow :D Rig looks ace btw

Evo 5 RS
They aren't thaaaaaaat bad.

Although I've never used one of the CSQ bridges, used the older style.

If you're having a problem with it, try stretching them ever so slightly, like, a tiny amount so that they fit in the crevice, should stay there then.

I did, and didn't have any leaks until I managed to split my radiator... ;)

lol how did you manage that? I've got two black ice rads in mine and I must admit, the small screws seem way too long. I've only half tightened them as I'm sure they're supplying the wrong screws.

Lol. I'll be more specific next time. I also play guitar :p

Ahah. Yeah I don't lol. The dog plays it more than I do when he walks past it.

Yeah, don't. I've heard what c***s the O-rings are. I'm fairly well prepared though. Bought some silicon grease :)

Good shout, that would probably stick them in enough and kinda "tack" them where you need to.

Not gonna lie, it was longer than 30mins I spent doing it too, most enfuriating thing I've had to do when building PC stuff :D

Gonna look proper sweet though!

As above you gotta be careful with some of the Corsair lineup now as they're not all made by Seasonic anymore!

I had to upgrade mine a few months back to fit 2x 290's in (safely), couldn't find a Corsair one I wanted so just went with Seasonic itself lol (though more expensive and no braided cables :( :( )

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
lol how did you manage that? I've got two black ice rads in mine and I must admit, the small screws seem way too long. I've only half tightened them as I'm sure they're supplying the wrong screws.

I had the perfect size screws fitted the first time around. I then needed to drain the loop and remove the duff GPU.

When doing that, I wanted to change the bolts & washers I used to hold the rad to the top of the case.

Overtightened one of them, which split one of the tubes within the rad. Sooooo easy to do, I didn't even realise I had done it..

That was until my PSU and soundcard were covered in red coolant.. Nice!

Replaced with an Alphacool rad now, they've got a metal plate to prevent screws piercing it. Something that they all should have to be honest!

I had the perfect size screws fitted the first time around. I then needed to drain the loop and remove the duff GPU.

When doing that, I wanted to change the bolts & washers I used to hold the rad to the top of the case.

Overtightened one of them, which split one of the tubes within the rad. Sooooo easy to do, I didn't even realise I had done it..

That was until my PSU and soundcard were covered in red coolant.. Nice!

Replaced with an Alphacool rad now, they've got a metal plate to prevent screws piercing it. Something that they all should have to be honest!

+1 to that, not sure why its not standard practice yet imo!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
What on earth are you guys getting up to which requires that amount of cooling and power?!

Evo 5 RS
They are clunky as hell. Nickson think the black ice have plates too but the screws touch them at half length lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Wait. Stop the presses. Scutch bought a games PC?

Has the whole world gone crazy???

I also bought a 360 controller wireless receiver, so it's not all gone to f*ck land. Forgot to include that I got a Razer Deathadder mouse and a CPU Hyper Cooler Evo 212, as well as Windows 8.1 and some other sh*t to contribute towards a fully operational battle station. Or PC.

Not only that, but I'll still be using the XB1 a lot, especially for the multiplayer LOL's.

But yeah, best part of £1200 gone.

FF RB 182
When playing Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare online, i get a massive lag spike, i'm not sure if its hardware related or internet? My ping is good and i don't lag to others apart from this spike, It just freezes for a few seconds. FarCry 3 and Battlefield 4 play fine, although i haven't played them online. Anyone have any ideas or a good way to find out what it is.

When playing Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare online, i get a massive lag spike, i'm not sure if its hardware related or internet? My ping is good and i don't lag to others apart from this spike, It just freezes for a few seconds. FarCry 3 and Battlefield 4 play fine, although i haven't played them online. Anyone have any ideas or a good way to find out what it is.

Not an expert, but the internet connection could be the issue if you say it's fine on the other games offline. Ping doesn't mean much, it's like the fuel gauge on your 182.

Are you connected through an Ethernet cable? If not I highly recommend you do so and try again.

If not it may be graphic card or RAM related. Do you play on ultra graphics or?

FF RB 182
Not an expert, but the internet connection could be the issue if you say it's fine on the other games offline. Ping doesn't mean much, it's like the fuel gauge on your 182.

Are you connected through an Ethernet cable? If not I highly recommend you do so and try again.

If not it may be graphic card or RAM related. Do you play on ultra graphics or?

Ethernet cable.

Shouldn't be hardware related to be honest, unless something is raping my CPU at times causing it.

CoD 4 is old and my laptop is a i7 4800, 16gb of RAM and a 3gb 770M graphics card.