ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Power PC Thread [f*ck off consoles]

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Is this a decent spec for £500?

Specifications: - I7 3770 Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Processor, 8M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz (Similar performance to I7 6700) - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Zotac. - 8GB RAM DUAL CHANNEL Gskill - 240GB SSD - 600W POWER SUPPLY - RGB PC CASE 3X RGB FANS WITH REMOTE - MSI MOTHERBOARD - WINDOWS 10 PRO
Does it have any other storage? 240GB isn't much at all.

Having looked extensively before Xmas for my lads, you get more for your money buying a second hand one mate, i just couldn't take the risk with it being a Xmas present.

I am sure some of the guru's on here will be along soon to confirm.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look like it does no so I guess that's going to cost extra to add, although this would be purely for gaming so 240GB might be enough
240GB isn't enough these days mate... many modern games tip in over 75GB+. I'd look to add a second 2 or 4TB drive. The spec isn't too bad but don't be expecting high-res VR and/or 4K gaming as that takes some serious GPU grunt.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
To give you an idea, GTA download is almost 90GB, so you would only have enough room for 2 or 3 games, maybe 4 at a push.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I think I'm going to up the budget a bit and keep looking, I think I need a 1080ti.

There's this one at £1300?

GPU: GTX 1080ti 11gb
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: STRIX Z270E GAMING Ram: G.Skill 32Gb 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: Samsung SSD 850D EVO 500gb
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 SSD 250gb
Seagate HDD Internal 1 TB BarraCuda SATA 3.5 Computer Hard Disk Drive - Silver
WD Blue 2TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
Watercooling: NZXT Krazen Watercooling
Case: NZXT H510i - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Vertical GPU Mount - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Integrated RGB Lighting- Water-Cooling Ready - Black/Red
Monitor: Acer Predator Z35 35 inch Widescreen Curved Monitor (21:9, VA, LED, 144 Hz, 4 ms, G-Sync v2, 100M:1

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Threw this together for her nephew this week as a few of his mates got gaming PC's for Xmas and they don't have any cash to get him one and the poor lad is missing out!

Went raiding my spares and found an old Asus am3 board with an old fx-8320e 8 core which is now running happily at 4.2GHz and 16gb of ddr3

There was no budget since I was funding it myself! But while his mates have a few pre builts I wanted it to look the part for him since he was getting a custom, so got a budget case with a perspex side panel so he has tempered glass on a budget haha threw in a budget antec AIO water cooler, stuck an led fan in the PSU to match it all and made sure the GPU looked the part.

All I had to buy for it was the case,cooler, a 500gb SSD, and got him an RX570 4GB. I think it cost me about £280 INCLUDING the desk, a 24" monitor and keyboard and mouse!

It's CPU limited but does 1080 gaming no problem for what he plays, his pals think it's bad ass and are asking their parents if they can replace their £1000+ machines
IMG_20200111_225936.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think I'm going to up the budget a bit and keep looking, I think I need a 1080ti.

There's this one at £1300?

GPU: GTX 1080ti 11gb
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 4200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: STRIX Z270E GAMING Ram: G.Skill 32Gb 3200MHz DDR4
Storage: Samsung SSD 850D EVO 500gb
Samsung 960 EVO m.2 SSD 250gb
Seagate HDD Internal 1 TB BarraCuda SATA 3.5 Computer Hard Disk Drive - Silver
WD Blue 2TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 5400 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch
Watercooling: NZXT Krazen Watercooling
Case: NZXT H510i - Compact ATX Mid-Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O USB Type-C Port - Vertical GPU Mount - Tempered Glass Side Panel - Integrated RGB Lighting- Water-Cooling Ready - Black/Red
Monitor: Acer Predator Z35 35 inch Widescreen Curved Monitor (21:9, VA, LED, 144 Hz, 4 ms, G-Sync v2, 100M:1
That's a pretty good spec with decent components and a fair price.

I just watched this and thought it was satire until they said they interviewed war veterans. It looks like a game in the beta stage for xbox 360. AWFUL

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I just watched this and thought it was satire until they said they interviewed war veterans. It looks like a game in the beta stage for xbox 360. AWFUL

VR though. If it was too graphic heavy then the rendering times would be awful.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Been gifted a HP pc with no sound apparently.

Has a 4790 (non K), 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 3GB. 250gb SSD.

I’m not sure what to do really. The processor and card are not really upgrades (OC’ed i5 4690K and 780ti respectively) for my PC. If I got it working what would people reckon it’s worth?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Been gifted a HP pc with no sound apparently.

Has a 4790 (non K), 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 3GB. 250gb SSD.

I’m not sure what to do really. The processor and card are not really upgrades (OC’ed i5 4690K and 780ti respectively) for my PC. If I got it working what would people reckon it’s worth?
I've been looking a lot lately and from what I've seen advertised on marketplace etc I'd estimate £250-300. That's based on what they're being advertised at though, whether they sell is another thing.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I've been looking a lot lately and from what I've seen advertised on marketplace etc I'd estimate £250-300. That's based on what they're being advertised at though, whether they sell is another thing.
Oh and that's if you sorted the sound issue too.

I’ve just got the but for simulator racing and picked up a Fanatec clubsport wheel and needed a pc to run Asetto Corsa on. Spent ages searching and managed to pick this up for £500:

Intel i7 4.2Ghz 7700k
Corsair Hydro CPU Cooler
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E LGA1151
16GB Corsair DDR4 2133Mhz
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070
120GB KINGSTON SSD
3TB Sata Drive

doing a great job so far, already spent a small fortune but blasting around tracks is way too much fun.

126D3A56-2A8D-47F1-B22A-34534055EB1F.jpeg

Was looking for the box that my old graphics card came in today and it got me wondering why the f*** is retail packaging so "premium" for PC components. Such a waste. I've literally never ever bought a component from a shop so it's totally redundant.

I assume everyone buys everything from ebuyer/overclockers/scan/novatech etc?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I’ve just got the but for simulator racing and picked up a Fanatec clubsport wheel and needed a pc to run Asetto Corsa on. Spent ages searching and managed to pick this up for £500:

Intel i7 4.2Ghz 7700k
Corsair Hydro CPU Cooler
120GB KINGSTON SSD
3TB Sata Drive

doing a great job so far, already spent a small fortune but blasting around tracks is way too much fun.

View attachment 1448866
Nice wheel, must have cost at least twice what the pc cost :LOL:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Was looking for the box that my old graphics card came in today and it got me wondering why the f*** is retail packaging so "premium" for PC components. Such a waste. I've literally never ever bought a component from a shop so it's totally redundant.

I assume everyone buys everything from ebuyer/overclockers/scan/novatech etc?

I was thinking this the other day but I must say, I still enjoy looking at a hardware box before I open it just as much as I did back when I got my geforce 2 GTS and Pentium III lol I would be hugely disappointed if my motherboard and GPU turned up in a brown box!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Intel i7 4.2Ghz 7700k
Corsair Hydro CPU Cooler
120GB KINGSTON SSD
3TB Sata Drive

View attachment 1448866
Want to buy the gearstick to match? ;)

1579074526992.png

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
That's a pretty good spec with decent components and a fair price.
For some odd reason the guy wouldn't reply to messages, it's still for sale now on marketplace and Shpock 🤷‍♂️

He did me a favour in the end because after a re-think, I'd have had to either dedicate the pc to the driving sim, or drag the sim over the desk every time I wanted to use it, I decided to go for a laptop instead. Just bought this for £1200, it still retails at over £2k so I'm happy, just picked it up still sealed in the box, and came with the bonus of extended warranty inc accidental damage until May 2021

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Was just reading up on the issues with PC2 and Rift S, do you find it a fairly flawless setup? They're on Amazon at £394 currently.
Only issue I've found so far is if I'm letting someone else have a go after I set it up and pass the headset to them it sometimes throws them out to the left of the car, and there's no way to fix it (that I've found) without closing it down and starting again. I got mine from Shpock for £180

edit - I haven't bought the full game yet, still playing with the demo

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Was just reading up on the issues with PC2 and Rift S, do you find it a fairly flawless setup? They're on Amazon at £394 currently.
After seeing your post I googled PC2 Rift S issues, first thing I came across was the centring problem I mentioned earlier, and the fix for it :) so that's that sorted now, just had to bind a key in the settings to centre the camera at any time, simples.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
No sir, £135 got to love Facebook marketplace. Wheel, wheelbase and pedals. Granted it was a 6 hour round trip to get it but a bargain none the less.
Did you get it from Peterlee? Just came across a bargain one on marketplace but have a feeling it's the one you bought

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
After seeing your post I googled PC2 Rift S issues, first thing I came across was the centring problem I mentioned earlier, and the fix for it :) so that's that sorted now, just had to bind a key in the settings to centre the camera at any time, simples.
Yeah that's a liveable work around!