ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The RS200

Monaco 172
Absolutely love these, been looking around for awhile now for one in my price range (around 6k, 7 at a push). I've seen a few private sales on autotrader recently for about 6.5k. I'm in two minds whether to go for these or not though, is there any faults with them to look out for? Are the belts a massive dilemma like on the 1*2's?
Just wondering why the cheapness all of a sudden compared to the usual 9-10k I've been seeing all over, or are they just devaluing now?
Just looking for advise really before i take the plunge.

Cheers, Dom

Suzuki Jimny
I would avoid the cheapest end of the market. The early ones will need the belts doing so that's why people are getting rid.

Monaco 172
Theres a 60 plate on autotrader at the moment with 60,000k on the clock. Up at £6,400
Seems suspiciously cheap

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Why not a hero spec RS197 Renault sport clio sport cup for around £6/7k?

My thinking being, why get a bottom of the barrel newer car when you can have a fully loaded older car for the same price?

Monaco 172
Why not a hero spec 197 for around £6/7k?

My thinking being, why get a bottom of the barrel newer car when you can have a fully loaded older car for the same price?
Good point to be honest. I've never taken the 197 into consideration really, i prefer the 200's front end.
Poverty 200 or hero 197? hmmm.
I'll have a look at both, see what happens.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Good point to be honest. I've never taken the 197 into consideration really, i prefer the 200's front end.
Poverty 200 or hero 197? hmmm.
I'll have a look at both, see what happens.

Not that it's worth the effort but you could put a 200 front bumper and lights on a 197?

If you look at f1 team r27s, they come with the cup chassis and recaros as standard... Then you jut need to fine one with the xenons + cornering lights, climate control and any spoiler/splitter choice you want

Monaco 172
I see your point, the r27 is a great looking motor. I never knew that variant even existed to be honest.
I wouldnt go through the hassle of switching bumpers and all that, I've just seen a decent splitter for 197 that improves the front massively.
You may have just turned my head here :wink:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This splitter?

462EE994-6F21-468B-9FB4-23CA18EFCC9D_zpsi27gpy9u.jpg

462EE994-6F21-468B-9FB4-23CA18EFCC9D_zpsi27gpy9u.jpg

:blush:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Cheers, I wasn't a fan of the splitter at first but it really grew on me.

I also want the skirts but I don't think they can pull them off at standard ride height and without spacers

Monaco 172
images

That one? Its Perfect, you're nearly there anyway. Ahh right thats a shame.
If i do get one it'll be made up to look like this lol

Monaco 172
Yeah I've seen allot of this about the gearbox recently. And its not due to the car being thrashed about either supposedly, it just seems a random thing which is worrying.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've seen allot of this about the gearbox recently. And its not due to the car being thrashed about either supposedly, it just seems a random thing which is worrying.

I can only speak of my experience, mine has been fine (touch wood).

Not the nicest box from new IMO, the one in my abarth is far smoother.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Mine has 50odd k on it and the gear box is still fine touch wood.

I've rev matched and heel and toed from buying it on 25k just over two years ago so I'm guessing that helped.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Mine has 50odd k on it and the gear box is still fine touch wood.

I've rev matched and heel and toed from buying it on 25k just over two years ago so I'm guessing that helped.
Rev matching will help, heel and toe won't make a difference either way! Gearbox issues seem random. Personally think too many people watch a Chris Harris video and think changing as quickly as humanly possible is the 'right way' to do it. Do that daily to a French s**t box and it'll implode.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
R27 is the perfect Clio imo. Would love to see them made in the best 200 colours though! i.e. Alien Green & Storm Grey. Someone do a respray please ;) (not that Liquid Yellow is bad, at all!)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Rev matching will help, heel and toe won't make a difference either way! Gearbox issues seem random. Personally think too many people watch a Chris Harris video and think changing as quickly as humanly possible is the 'right way' to do it. Do that daily to a French s**t box and it'll implode.

Heel and toe is still rev matching lol

As it happens I was watching his how to drift yesterday. It's a good thing my car is fwd

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Heel and toe is still rev matching lol

As it happens I was watching his how to drift yesterday. It's a good thing my car is fwd
It is. But you can drive every journey rev matching without heel/toe. Rev matching is essential, heel/toe isn't. It's just cool [emoji41]