ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The sleepers appreciation thread

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
No, its quite obviouse to begin with it wasn't trying, but in the end the volvo out pulled it at 180. Aparently that brick does well over 190mph. 500bhp wouldnt be near enough to pull that sort of speed in an old volvo. I bet its nearer 700 if not more. The things turbo'd so its bound to be a hell of alot more than a stock LS3 motor.

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Ive seen videos of 800hp supra struggling to out accelerate a k5 1000,and if that's only got 500hp it hasn't got a chance tbh.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Ive seen videos of 800hp supra struggling to out accelerate a k5 1000,and if that's only got 500hp it hasn't got a chance tbh.

only 500bhp?

lol its a bloody corvette engine probably an ls7 or posssibly an ls1 which can reach 600bhp n/a easily and then they've stuck two dirty turbos on it

Its probably 500bhp before the turbos even think about spooling

My mate Robs & BYR's D16 civic turbo project... RR'd at 439bhp fly and it pulled a 11.2@126mph on its first outting.... 10's coming soon

Needs its own thread really tbh

SL270602.jpg

SL270573.jpg

SL270574.jpg

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUDUL7mX-g&feature=channel_page
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l463/BackyardRacing_2008/Civic project/SL270573.jpg

Thats the guy... this was built between a few of the Backyard boys so they could spread the costs between them.... Rob can't take all the fame for this one lol... he will just have to have the fastest Mk1 clio record to himself ;)

I think that silver civic really sums up what a sleeper is, it's ace !!!

I love Wenny's Royal Nial van too :cool:

Thats the guy... this was built between a few of the Backyard boys so they could spread the costs between them.... Rob can't take all the fame for this one lol... he will just have to have the fastest Mk1 clio record to himself ;)

Thought it was, I saw his clio go up pod.... Was Quick! Having a look at that is that built from the 1.5 or 1.6 single cam lump? Supposedly you can get big gains for little money turbocharging the 1.5, good for 280bhp on a standard bottom end...

421 Cammed 172
Inspired by the other appreciation threads i thought we'd give this a go. I LOVE sleepers more than any other modified car.

And not forgetting Norm's Clio TT of course......

06032008071.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Is that n0rm's clio from this forum or a different Norm???

421 Cammed 172
Just wondered mate.

You made news on ScoobyNet anyways when you upset one of it's members.

My mate was telling me about it a couple of weeks ago then stumbled onto this thread and saw the car - LOL

Very sleeper.

Was the transplant much work and what power was it putting out?

Just wondered mate.

You made news on ScoobyNet anyways when you upset one of it's members.

My mate was telling me about it a couple of weeks ago then stumbled onto this thread and saw the car - LOL

Very sleeper.

Was the transplant much work and what power was it putting out?

LOL i upset no end with that car:)

the acctual transplant was carryied out by matt black on here, he sold it and i took it to another leval.....power output was just under 500 hp when i sold it:cool:

421 Cammed 172
LOL i upset no end with that car:)

the acctual transplant was carryied out by matt black on here, he sold it and i took it to another leval.....power output was just under 500 hp when i sold it:cool:

Fuckin Hell! :eek:

Is it still alive do you know?

What a bloody beast! Would love to do something like that!

421 Cammed 172
I love it!

I may just rear end a TT in the works van and ask them to sell me their engine! LOL

some pics of my mates b16 boosted :D

turbo is huge!

again done bakcyard stylee in home garage!

and a vid of us returning from a test drive after installing new clutch, its was on on basic map in this vid 220bhp

note. i dont condone his driving!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrpKsIkcR2s

its now running 400bhp! he's going for more as its going to be an all out drag car, just tight on money atm

Last edited:
Spec:-
19,000 mile focus rs engine
De-cat
Hyrid turbo
K&N filter
Full custom exhaust
Yokohama prada spec2's
Omex 600
Cossie 3Bar
Uprated gearbox
making 235bhp@ 6psi & 346bhp@20psi
LPG convertion
GRS front mount intercooler
Custom boost pipes

6368_132885425943_538270943_3678603.jpg

P6020008.jpg

P6020011.jpg

P6020020.jpg

The stickers are only on it because he took part in a thing called modball which is like gumball rally. Even still you wouldn't expect a van to fly past you. And even with the stickers and exhaust you wouldn't expect it to be 346bhp.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My god the faces on some people when that van goes past them like they are standing still.

Never above 25mpg
Seen the Granada a few times. Epic car. Everything looks to be done right imo so hopefully wont be a dog to drive for them :)

That van is very cool to say the least, nice sleeper.

The granny lol ! It looks awful - but a Koenigsegg engine in it !!! OMG, mental !!!

This is by far my favourite sleeper, I saw this at goodwood festival of speed about 3 years ago and couldnt belive what it was when my brother told me what it was. Apparently when jaguar was first testing the xj220 they didnt want anyone to see it break down in the centre of london so jaguar basically put the monster of an engine in a builders transit van. So if it broke down people would just think it was another transit breaking down as usual lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNvpoy6gO-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsIjoA4PQqU