ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Steam Box

I'm happy to just use my pc. No need to spend all that for what is essentially a watered down version of what you already own. It makes more sense to spend it upgrading my pc to be even more powerful than next gen consoles than it already is. If you want it in your front room then either buy a really long video cable and route it to your lounge and an Xbox pad if you don't already own one or just drag your tower into the lounge. IMO there's no point buying a console if you own a more powerful gaming machine already.

Clio Sport 182
Agree. Plus I believe the new Steam OS will be available as a free download. Not a big enough collection of big titled games ported to Linux yet to justify for me. Shame really as I like Linux.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I'm happy to just use my pc. No need to spend all that for what is essentially a watered down version of what you already own. It makes more sense to spend it upgrading my pc to be even more powerful than next gen consoles than it already is. If you want it in your front room then either buy a really long video cable and route it to your lounge and an Xbox pad if you don't already own one or just drag your tower into the lounge. IMO there's no point buying a console if you own a more powerful gaming machine already.

I feel you missed the point. Its not designed for PC users. Its for console users to bring them in line with PC users like us. Its Valves solution to get the PC into the lounge, where the console boys live. To me its pretty exciting, if we can shift even a small percentage of console users onto PC platform games then we all win.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
TBH I'm looking for something like this.

Fed up of the barrage of info that PC's are better than the £430 box that will be out of date (compared to PC tech advancement). A neatly contained off the shelf product like this for us tech dumb-dumbs certainly has peaked my interest.

ALign the fact that Microsoft and SOny are money grabbing b******s - this is a good proposition.

If someone could build me a PC with an Xbox controller that I could just plug into my TV - I'd buy it right now!

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  TTS
TBH I'm looking for something like this.

Fed up of the barrage of info that PC's are better than the £430 box that will be out of date (compared to PC tech advancement). A neatly contained off the shelf product like this for us tech dumb-dumbs certainly has peaked my interest.

ALign the fact that Microsoft and SOny are money grabbing b*****ds - this is a good proposition.

If someone could build me a PC with an Xbox controller that I could just plug into my TV - I'd buy it right now!

This is exactly what this new console is for - and I agree Banther, I will probably just wait until a couple versions have been released to let them iron out the initial problems they will undoubtedly come across.

ST1050, 320d
Strange coincidence; I was just looking at this. How many on here would consider waiting for one over ps4/xbone? Depending on price, it might be the way to go I think.