ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Tripod Appreciation Thread...

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Quite a few on 3 wheels at the new brighton promenade stages rally :)

6133931428_abec8c7767_z.jpg

Citroen C2 tripod! by Niall97, on Flickr

6133389051_692f73380e_z.jpg

Micra rally car by Niall97, on Flickr

6133938888_dfe744b85a_z.jpg

Tripoding y0! by Niall97, on Flickr

6133394915_c4f2c753c0_z.jpg

RWD micra by Niall97, on Flickr

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
showformat.php

Cheeky image of me back in my karting days. London Cup 2007. Came 3rd, was on Motors TV ;)

The website name covers my tripod action annoyingly though!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So go on, what's the key to a good bit of tripod action. I've had the fester do it (or so I think, definitely felt like it) but the back end then proceeded to slide away from me...

Astra SRI/ Hornet
So go on, what's the key to a good bit of tripod action. I've had the fester do it (or so I think, definitely felt like it) but the back end then proceeded to slide away from me...

Tightish bend in the road and approach with a bit of speed and turn in a little late and aggressive and boom. I could do it all day on a round about in my 182cup. You don't really feel it in the air but you feel the wheel landing back down when it's finished.
Also the dryer the better as it just turns into a slide if it's moist.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Few of my mk1 at combe

Camp:

399.jpg

Quarry, gripping enough even on the sand they put down on an oil spin!
287.jpg

Held back going into camp so I could gain on this m3 dring the corner and pass him on the way out :)
370.jpg