ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The trophy is here but no ID plate

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235

Dealers say they have been in touch with Renault France head guy. Apparently they have to manufacture another plate for my car as only 500 of the plates were made.

The mind Boggles!

Black 182 + Recaros

All the badges are labelled 036/500 (for example), so there cant be anymore than 500. Unless he owns car number 0 ;). Now that would be good.

Lee

BMW M2C

Its probably just a genuine mistake as the VIN number is tied to each car on the system. They dont just stick a plaque on any car, they are done in build order.

hmm i was wandering why they painted that blue 182 in red and wrote on the sill with my window marker pen ;)

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235

Nah i have faith. BTW couldnt be happier with the car worth every penny. They said they would in contact in the next few weeks to have it fitted.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)

i test drove number 008/500 today, didnt really get to test the special dampers, but did notice an annoying rattle coming from infront of the steering wheel near the windscreen

have been in a trophy, and would imagine that round a track that the handling is out of this world, but on british roads, wots the feeling that the hard ride will only shake the car to bits even more than normal.....

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by admob on 25 July 2005

have been in a trophy, and would imagine that round a track that the handling is out of this world, but on british roads, wots the feeling that the hard ride will only shake the car to bits even more than normal.....
The ride is not hard at all in that respect, infact its the opposite. The suspension is very firm, but the Sachs dampers absorb the bumps very very well, so it feels very smooth on the road. So you basically have the handling benefits of say running coilovers, but without the harsher ride.

Usually a smoother ride and more damping tends to mean soft wooley handling characteristics, so Im amazed at the how smooth it can be with a car that has such responsive handling. As i think the Autocar review said, it just highlights how good all other cars could be if more expensive suspension was used.

Quote: Originally posted by Nik on 25 July 2005

So you basically have the handling benefits of say running coilovers, but without the harsher ride.

*cough* go out in a 172 fitted with H&Rs and tell me its a harsh ride ;)

megane coupe F7R

Quote: Originally posted by freefly on 24 July 2005

Dealers say they have been in touch with Renault France head guy. Apparently they have to manufacture another plate for my car as only 500 of the plates were made.

The mind Boggles!

WTF!! I wouldnt of accepted the car! Cant wait til the trophy 2 and 3 come out:p lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 25 July 2005

*cough* go out in a 172 fitted with H&Rs and tell me its a harsh ride ;)

Yeah sorry mate, to be fair I havent experienced them and im sure they are great. If i still had the 172, id probably be fitting them myself by now.

I was really just generalising to point out that having good handling and flat cornering doesnt always mean slamming the car to the floor and or having shorter stiffer springs.

Quote: Originally posted by Nik on 25 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by admob on 25 July 2005 have been in a trophy, and would imagine that round a track that the handling is out of this world, but on british roads, wots the feeling that the hard ride will only shake the car to bits even more than normal..... [/QUOTE]The ride is not hard at all in that respect, infact its the opposite.  The suspension is very firm, but the Sachs dampers absorb the bumps very very well, so it feels very smooth on the road.  So you basically have the handling benefits of say running coilovers, but without the harsher ride.  Usually a smoother ride and more damping tends to mean soft wooley handling characteristics, so Im amazed at the how smooth it can be with a car that has such responsive handling.  As i think the Autocar review said, it just highlights how good all other cars could be if more expensive suspension was used. 

im not doubting the supreme engineering that has gone into the trophy, but after ten minutes as a passenger in a trophy (maybe its a different experience driving, ) i was feeling sick as if id been on a rollercoaster....