ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy is on its way back to Renault.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Many of you will already know the problems I have with the car, nothing serious, just cosmetic issues that i notcied the day I collected the car.

There is a little bit of paint that has flaked off on the boot below the window, the dealer has tried to touch up a chip on the drivers door sill but instead of using Capsicum red they have used a darker colour.

There is a nasty scuff on the Recaro, the CD player dosent work and the numpty who PDIed the car when fitting the locking wheel nuts decided to scratch and chip the alloy.

To top it all it seems as if they are unable to offer me a Coursty car for the week that they need to car.:mad: Just as i was starting to have fun in it.

Steve

Megane 225 baby! :)

Ooops seems that Reno are upto standard then!

Could have sworn that I have just read this - deja vue or what?!?! ;)

Vee dub

On a new fapping car!

You dont expect all that!

What a kerfuffle! hope you get it sorted mate

Tom

Lee

BMW M2C

Mine is in again Friday for another engine temerature sensor. Bet theyll charge me £30 to fit the new fog lamp too.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Ah now if i was cleaver Sawa i would of just copied and pasted but that would of been way to simple.

Take a wild educated guess Paul, theres only one that treats its customers like that. (give you a clue Little Newms)!!!

Can you take it back to any dealer?

Take it to the Cressing one (John Pease), 5 minutes from the McDonalds roundabout on Braintree bypass - they rock and may well sort it out for you with no hassles. :)

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

No it has to go back to Lookers as they will have to rectify the paint defects and the wheel, i could get John Pease to sort out the CD Player as that is a warrenty issue, but the rest are dealer issues, which is fair enough, would expect John Pease to cover the cost of repair when it wasnt them that damaged it.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Easier said than done with a Trophy,

To be honest i am not unhappy with the car its just a couple of niggly faults that i want corrected, if there were issues with the Mechanical side of things then maybe yes I would reject it, but for a little bit of paint work and CD player all of these can be recitified with minium fuss.

Easier said than done with a Trophy.[/QUOTE]

This is what happens when you rush a workforce before their summer break!

Cnat believe how shody these new clios are put together :eek:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Sorry to hear that Steve, hope they sort it all out sharpish.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 14 September 2005
This is what happens when you rush a workforce before their summer break!Cnat believe how shody these new clios are put together :eek:

Cant really blame the factory for it to be fair, sounds like they are all dealer created problems / damage, except the CD player which are made elsewhere anyway.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

To top it all it seems as if they are unable to offer me a Coursty car for the week that they need to car.:mad: Just as i was starting to have fun in it.

Ring up renault customer service and say you cant get a courtsty car from your dealer and you need a car. Renaults policy is to provide u with one especially within the first year. U will get a reference number to give your dealer and it will be sorted out for u. I Never go through the dealer for a courtsy car

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Quote: Originally posted by bouncy tigger on 14 September 2005

Do you need a loan ?
Not sure at the moment but i will give you a ring if i do. Thanks.

Cheers Charlie for the advice will phone them tomorrow, see if I can blag the Megane Trophy that they have on the forcourt. HE HE

[Edited by Lightning16v on 14 September 2005 at 3:57pm]

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Hum Snot green car or a Megane 225 let me think.

Knowing my luck I will get the cr*py Renault 4 that has been rusting out the back for the past 20years.:( if thats the case i will be straight round to nab the snot mobile.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Call yourself a man :p you must be kidding (Honestly these children on CS, they should be at school not on the net);)

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Awww bummer... you did show me the faults at the weekend, and I am clueless as to how they could of scratched the boot where they did :confused:

Hope it all gets sorted soo hun :)

Silver 182 F/F

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 14 September 2005

Id reject the car mate!
Its not easy to reject a car.I rang trading standard about rejectig mine and its a long drawn experience and by the time its sorted they will have got your car spot on then youll have to accept it back.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

Cheers Charlie for the advice will phone them tomorrow, see if I can blag the Megane Trophy that they have on the forcourt. HE HE

[Edited by Lightning16v on 14 September 2005 at 3:57pm]
I ended up with a dodgy green coloured diesel modus for two days. i hid my head in shame and stayed in the house.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

Cheers Hippy, sure it will be ok.

PMSL @ Charlie. A diesel would be excellent at the moment especillay a little diesel at least I wouldnt run out of fuel.

172 /megane cab

they done all my wheels in renault ilford after so many arguments i got 400 quid and a free service dont take nop crap of them at first the manger tryed to offer me a free cup of tea for scratching my wheels i tel ya could of knoced his block off when he said that so i just kept there courtesy car but they reported it stolen after two days that 1.2 got some stick i tel ya just dont take there crap

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 14 September 2005

Mine is in again Friday for another engine temerature sensor. Bet theyll charge me £30 to fit the new fog lamp too.
what fault is this temp sensor thing, how do you know you have the fault and how does it manifest itself? heard it talked about.....

Clio 182 Trophy no. 235

Sorry to hear about all this, mines been fine so far. Its never nice messing about when ur cars off the road.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500

I am still waiting for a phone call to tell me when i can take it in.

I will give them until midday and if they havent phoned back i will start giving them hell:devilish: