ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Trophy

Black Gold with cup packs
What are the Trophys like, I want to know all the nitty gritty, Performance, sound, Does the interior, wheel arch, or something that you will never find the answer for squeek? Just let me know all you can guys!
And how much should I expect to pay for one?
I have found a very good looking one for £9100, is that a good price?

Mark 1 Clio V6
I thought you needed something bigger for an impending baby.

Then I thought you were keeping the 197.

Make your damn mind up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a baby on the way, and realistically I need something bigger, so I have decided to get rid of the cup, buy a fun car, and then buy a family type car. I have been offered £12750 and £13000 by two dealers for the cup, so I f I buy the trophy for, lets say £9000, I will put £1000 to the remaining £4000 and by a family car for around the £5000 mark!

Hi it's a new day, and I want a different car, can you help me?

You are indeed a cocky Tw*t, I do not know what to get, so I am after some advice, and arseholes who continue to make smart arse comments like you should be shot!
I want experienced help in what car to get next, I have to get rid of it, and I have only been pondering for 3 weeks as to what to get. I think I have posted one other possibility (225F1) other than this one, so it's not a case of a new day a new car at all.

cock mobile.
Hi it's a new day, and I want a different car, can you help me?

You are indeed a c**ky Tw*t, I do not know what to get, so I am after some advice, and arseholes who continue to make smart arse comments like you should be shot!
I want experienced help in what car to get next, I have to get rid of it, and I have only been pondering for 3 weeks as to what to get. I think I have posted one other possibility (225F1) other than this one, so it's not a case of a new day a new car at all.

You've had lots of advice and lots of threads.

Time to pick up the toys and put them back in your pram.

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
Its quite common for the Recaros to squeek, something to do with the subframes. Gets fixed under warranty.

Awesome car to drive, handling is spot on for B roads - can un pin the dampers if you wish so you can adjust how hard/soft they are

You just need to brace yourself for all the Trophy baiting that goes on here lol.

You are indeed a c**ky Tw*t, I do not know what to get, so I am after some advice, and arseholes who continue to make smart arse comments like you should be shot!

You've had lots of advice and lots of threads.

Time to pick up the toys and put them back in your pram.

I'd pick you up and put you somewhere if I had the pleasure of meeting you!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Back in line, soldier.

c0045208_09014845.jpg

Back to the topic please and Sh33n if you cannot say someting worth while just f*ck off

Megane 225 Cup | 106 GTi
So what mileage etc is this one for £9100, do you know what number it is?

You could look into its history on the owners register on cliotrophy

Cupra
Having sold my 172 for a baby and got the Meg..... I wish I hadn't bothered.

The 5 door is not necessary at all for a baby, in fact, it is almost easier with a three door unless you have something with a high roofline.

I would stick with the 197. You will be able to get the pram and all the clobber in the boot without a problem.

At least wait until junior arrives and you see how you get on before making any rash decissions... unless you just want to get rid of your cup.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

The 5 door is not necessary at all for a baby, in fact, it is almost easier with a three door unless you have something with a high roofline.

I would stick with the 197. You will be able to get the pram and all the clobber in the boot without a problem.

At least wait until junior arrives and you see how you get on before making any rash decissions... unless you just want to get rid of your cup.

He wont be told lol

172 Cup
I've managed with a baby and my Cup for the past 11 months. 5 doors are not necessary as AndyRS says.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
What happened with the Megane dude? I thought the last thread said you were having it?

I read somewhere, on here probably, that the Recaros weren't baby-seat compatible. Worth a thought seen as they're standard in the Trophy.

Dan

Mustang, S13, AX GT

He wont be told lol
pft, he could have atleast thought of this before getting freebies off of janspeed :(

I would (if you must change) go with a 182 with cup pack and spend a decent chunk on a family car personally as I would imagine that the family car will do the big miles etc

C63 AMG
Its quite common for the Recaros to squeek, something to do with the subframes. Gets fixed under warranty.

Awesome car to drive, handling is spot on for B roads - can un pin the dampers if you wish so you can adjust how hard/soft they are

You just need to brace yourself for all the Trophy baiting that goes on here lol.

If somebody mocks my Trophy I'll assume they are ridiculously ugly, sleep with their mother, have horrendously bad breath, a complete lack of friends and a particularly small penis.

Trophy 265/500
Thought the baby Recaro thing was a wind up, but no!

Trophy is loads o' fun. Lighter than cup and seats make all the difference.

182trophy & Williams
What are the Trophys like, I want to know all the nitty gritty, Performance, sound, Does the interior, wheel arch, or something that you will never find the answer for squeek? Just let me know all you can guys!
And how much should I expect to pay for one?
I have found a very good looking one for £9100, is that a good price?

mines just clocked 30k, no rattles or knocks, the odd sqeak from the dash but thats only on rough surfaces compliments of the solid dampers. I love the sound of the standard exhaust, whether pottering or at full chat. if you've owned a 182 you know what straight line performance is like, you need to get a test drive to appreciate how it corners. price wise that sounds pretty good to me.DO IT mate:approve:

Ad

MK2 FRS
I dont see what the problem is with having loads of different ideas before purchasing a car!

This is a car forum and hes thinking of another clio!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The thread saying how awesome the exhaust is and how it makes the car sound better than a Monaro...

Dan

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Some guy from Renault was interviewed in Evo a few months ago, said it would be unfair to compare the 197's to a Trophy, due to the development and hardware that went into the Trophy. Not starting another 197 vs the world thread, but I would say the Trophy would be more fun.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
think of the trophy as shaun wright phillips and the 197 as john barnes on channel 5. Both talented but ones a bit quicker and more exciting!! (oh and doesnt drink lucozade sport)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
meggy R26 boot isnt too bad, a bit narrow in the corners for pram access id suspect, plus youll get soaked when you open it and the bootlid weighs two tonnes. Trophy might be better and recession proof

M2 Competition
Id see how you fare with the 197 and the baby before deciding to change. Unless you really need two cars?