ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the usual! help

A sexy one
Half way through doing an engine conversion on a 1.2 track car, puttin a F4R in it
got the engine out, just dropped it all down on the subframe, pretty easy tbh,
while its out im going to do the belts and clutch, done the clutch so far, but the belt all i have is Autodata, my mates lending me the tools from his garage tmro dinner time ( i dont think there genuine renault ones but the laser ones i think ) iv read autodate and then looked on here and now im worried!!! haha as apprently the autodata procedure is wrong?? if anyone has a guide, a .PDF thing or something il be more than happy to send apaypal gift now in exchange of some well needed advice ??
engineout2.jpg

BMW M135i
You'll get by with the laser tools if you don't lean on them too much (although they aren't ideal and are junk after being used several times), but you need the pulley tool as well like Fred says.

A sexy one
did it today, didnt have a laser tool it was a better one, held really well didnt move at all, didnt have the pulley tool but got on alright without it, turned it over by hand and all the markings were fine. its quite easy when its not in the car lol

SQ5
FLOL, typical I'll ask for advice and not follow it thread.

*awaits my car feels underpowered thread*

A sexy one
locked the crank and the rear of the cams and with the belt still on slackend the dephaser, the crank pulley mark was were it should be marked the exhaust pulley up took tension of took belt of put new depasher on with the mark in the same place then put our own marks on it, put belt on and everything then torqued the pulleys up, turned it over 6times all marks line up non of the pulleys moved so should be alright

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
did it today, didnt have a laser tool it was a better one, held really well didnt move at all, didnt have the pulley tool but got on alright without it, turned it over by hand and all the markings were fine. its quite easy when its not in the car lol

:(

I have no words

Lotus Elise
locked the crank and the rear of the cams and with the belt still on slackend the dephaser, the crank pulley mark was were it should be marked the exhaust pulley up took tension of took belt of put new depasher on with the mark in the same place then put our own marks on it, put belt on and everything then torqued the pulleys up, turned it over 6times all marks line up non of the pulleys moved so should be alright

Awesomes!

A sexy one
even if its 120 thats still twice as much as the 1.2 has atm, if theres something wrong il just have start again, no big deal lol

53 Clio's & counting
It wont blow up mate, the timing will be out and you will have lost about 25-30bhp.

Id redo it while the engine is out as it is silly not to, just borrow the proper tools - remember everyone is only saying these things to help you out, if you didnt use the right tools then the timing will be out, simples.

Still, its your car, it will go alot better that it did as a 1.2,, but i would still redo it!

SQ5
Wondered if you measured crank bolt for stretch and replaced it if need be?

Anything not tight could cause bet to slip, and with it more than likely being a tooth out its closer to some valve tap