ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The V6 Invasion of Sedbergh...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Rounded up a fair few of the local Vee owners - and two not so local ones (Steve & Shaun! :)) for a few night's stay in Sedbergh. We were crammed into various nooks and crannies - almost like our own Vauxhall advert with the hiding Corsas.... ;)

DSCN3334.jpg

DSCN3335.jpg

Before everyone else had arrived there, we had a few hours to kill. "I know, let's walk up that bloody big hill behind us." As with most things, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

DSCN3331.jpg

Group photo (the soft-arse cameraman (myself) excluded) of the V6 Mountaineering Certified Nutters.

DSCN3332.jpg

Fecking hill looked HOOGE when I saw it without the mist on it the next day!

DSCN3375.jpg

Anyways, pilots rounded up - we were off...

DSCN3338.jpg

Personal Vee motorway :cool:

DSCN3342.jpg

Illiad's taking the lead...

DSCN3344.jpg

First stop - Ing's Cafe for some brekky.

DSCN3348.jpg

DSCN3345.jpg

The local Voyager mini-meet was in full swing too...:clown:

DSCN3347.jpg

And I treated my chariot to a quick jet wash before we hit the road again...

DSCN3349.jpg

Another stop - Kirkstone Pass...

We'd just had a run in with a yocal (aka Mr. Mondeo Man) who got a tad p1ssed off that we were taking too long to get into the car park. What a total bell-end - made my day anyway!

DSCN3353.jpg

DSCN3351.jpg

Mossy's impromptu strip, clearly not appealing to anyone.... :rasp:

DSCN3350.jpg

Phil doing a bit of inverse-tripodding on the way out!

DSCN3354.jpg

Back out on the road....

DSCN3355.jpg

DSCN3357.jpg

We'd picked up Bayliss at Ing's Cafe too - with his fettled Willy almost spitting out neat unleaded from the exhaust. Some great roads to open up the RS's too...

DSCN3362.jpg

DSCN3360.jpg

A quick brew stop at the Honister Slate Mine give us chance for a few more piccies...:approve:

Jainy's...

DSCN3364.jpg

Chris's Vee as photogenic as ever :cool:

DSCN3365.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

Chris & Mossy's motors...

DSCN3368.jpg

Mossy's on its own...

DSCN3370.jpg

I almost thought about a trip up that road.... there was probably only my car and Bayliss's Willy that would have made it. But the thought of turning my clutch into caramel kind of put me off the idea!

DSCN3366.jpg

Stopped off at a crap bar on the way back. Awful food (massively overpriced too :quiet:) and with a rather large bonfire ready at the end of the car park. Bit of weird place, tbh. Just the kind of location where you'd imagine the locals wouldn't get out much and comment a lot on your 'purdy little mouth'

DSCN3373.jpg

Not too worry. At least we had another CS member turn up by this point. ColinG has finally sold his black V6 and 'downgraded' to something far more economical. We wait to see if it has similar 0-60 times, however...:rasp:

DSCN3374.jpg

All in all, a fantastic long weekend away. I actually feel like I've had a full-blown holiday - compacted into just three days. It was great to see the familiar faces and some new ones - along with all the cars too. A big thanks to Jainy (of course :eek:) and Martin for pulling together all the V6 mob and for Phil's brilliant navigation abilities around The Lakes.

And a final 'HELLO!' to the liquid Meggy R26 who flashed us all in the convoy - and to the lads in the 172 Cup that followed us for a while!

Roll-on the next trip away! :approve:

D.

Renault Clio Williams
Some lovely pic's! Everytime i see one, i want one more and more! :)
The motorway pic is awesome! :cool:

S2 106 GTI
very good pics's!!! looks like you had a quality weekend! gutted i missed it being so close to home ;) lol

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Was a brilliant weekend and a big thankyou to Jainy and Martin for all there hard work. :)

Here's some of my piccies: :D
lakes6.jpg

lakes11.jpg

lakes27.jpg

lakes29.jpg

lakes31.jpg

lakes28.jpg

lakespetrol.jpg

lakesbayliss.jpg

lakes32.jpg

Last edited:
  APR LCR225
Kept that one quiet! me n rich wouldv def come to that!:dapprove:eek:nly up the road too! Looks like our cup meetings goin2 fall on its ass, and that was supposed to be around the same places:( Stunning pics guys...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Awesome! Now thats what i'd love to do....a meet like that for a long weekend, somewhere like that.

A shame i don't get any interest when i try and round people up! Slackers...

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Some top pic's there Darren, glad to see u got a couple of good ones of mine cheers :)
Cant believe my camera broke :(

Loving the pic of mine & mossy's vee's on the hill :)

Was a quality weekend & cant wait for the next one!!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Some top pic's there Darren, glad to see u got a couple of good ones of mine cheers :)
Cant believe my camera broke :(

Loving the pic of mine & mossy's vee's on the hill :)

Was a quality weekend & cant wait for the next one!!!!

Chris - PM your email address and I'll send over the higher resolution ones, if you want them? :cool:

D.

An orange one
looks like ive missed out again guys..lol..try and make the next one when im not working :(:(

looks a fantastic weekend...for the first time ever i will say...that acid yellow looks the nuts!!! :D:D

think theres a mini meet near lancatser this weekend...dunno how many of you lot are going???