ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Valvers got new shoes

White R26/Stripped Valver
The Valvers got new shoes (FAO Mr2Haz)

The old turbines were looking a little crap lol, so i thought the valver could do with some new wheels so i got these 17" Lenzo KR5 from mr2haz who i should say thanks to. All comments welcome.

Cheers Mario.

dscf0660qy5.jpg

dscf0663bh2.jpg

dscf0664xv9.jpg

dscf0665uz7.jpg

dscf0666ke2.jpg

dscf0667kx2.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Apart from the back lights, wonky front plate and the Sh!tron '16v' badges, i really like that.
The colour, the bonnet and the wheels all go together well imo.

lol

As dan says, not sure about the add-on badges on the side or the lexarse lights! :p

Otherwise, looking good! :cool:

Does it handle any differently?

Apart from the back lights, wonky front plate and the Sh!tron '16v' badges, i really like that.
The colour, the bonnet and the wheels all go together well imo.

i think the back lights go well with the car if was a different colour i would have binned them, the number plate is wonky cos its held on by velcro
at the mo as im constantly taking the front bumper of and theres a bolt behind the plate.

black/gold 182
wheels are a bit to much for me, and i would get rid of the 16 valve badges they look too chavy, but apart from that i like it matey ;)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Not a fan :(

Especially the thing on the front window and the rear lights

lol

Otherwise, looking good! :cool:

Does it handle any differently?

People keep saying that it should handle like crap, but i havent noticed any change, tbh i think it handles a little better.
Ah, but do you mean it grips better or it handles better ;) lol

It'll probably grip loads more with bigger rims and their lower profile, stiffer sidewall tyres, but when it comes to going over the limit of grip, the theory is that it will be a lot less progressive and just snap away more, rather than being able to play like you can with 15s! :)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2
like it apart from the lexus lights, 16v badges and the sunstrip... get it colour coded that'll make it better tho

1.8 8v RSi
i think 17s on this car usually look too big....but tbh they look just perfect....would change the lights for somethink more smoked than chrome...

08 197 cup
hi , new to the forum.

have been lurking for couple of months as thinking about getting a 197 .

anyway , Mazza , this is my old car !!

how wierd.!!

I bought this car way back when it was only 4 months old.- dec92, from masters in beckenham to repalce my 1st car , an axgt.
car had 8000 miles on it & i paid 9300 for it.
I remember it had optional abs fitted , which I triggered a few times!
and an aftermarket 6disk changer in the boot , which leaked!.
i loved that car , was quite a head turner back then and nice to drive.
the steering was superb.
liked a drop of oil though!
i think i only had it serviced once in the 18 months i had it , at renault sydenham.
i kept it till mid 04 , sold privatley for 7800 with mileage 20,000 to a guy who lived in margate. when i replaced it with a phase 2 16v in met grey that was a month old old.
(that was a great buy , bought for 11500 & sold 3 years later for 10000!)

since then i have had golfs - 1.8T then 4motion & for the last 3 years an r32 - which is a weekend beast!
however , time has come for the r32 to go , cos i need something more for day to day / more parkable , so a 197 looks favourite.

have always loved the fast renaults , like my brother who also had two 16v'ers.
a lovely silver phase one & a white phase 2 (which I saw on the classified ad's in tyresmoke a couple of months ago!)
he has also had one of the first 172's on a x , and now has a cupped 182 (to replace a focus rs , which he didn't like- couldnt trust the diff) which he is changing next week for a megane 230.

cool to see my old car , it looks a bit different now !
it didnt have a black bonnet in my day!
i'm surprised the original wheels have lasted
so long , as they were getting a bit of the milky worm when i had it.
i like the new wheels - and white is in fashion again now!
anyway , that's just made my day.

David.

08 197 cup
hi , new to the forum.

how wierd.!!

I bought this car way back when it was only 4 months old.- dec92, from masters in beckenham to repalce my 1st car , an axgt.
car had 8000 miles on it & i paid 9300 for it.
I remember it had optional abs fitted , which I triggered a few times!
i loved that car , was quite a head turner back then and nice to drive.
the steering was superb.
i think i only had it serviced once in the 18 months i had it , at renault sydenham.
i kept it till mid 04 , sold privatley for 7800 with mileage 20,000 to a guy who lived in margate. when i replaced it with a phase 2 16v in met grey that was a month old old.
(that was a great buy , bought for 11500 & sold 3 years later for 10000!)

since then i have had golfs - 1.8T then 4motion & for the last 3 years an r32 - which is a weekend beast!
however , time has come for the r32 to go , cos i need something more for day to day / more parkable , so a 197 looks favourite.

have always loved the fast renaults , like my brother who also had two 16v'ers.
a lovely silver phase one & a white phase 2 (which I saw on the classified ad's in tyresmoke a couple of months ago!)
he has also had one of the first 172's on a x , and now has a cupped 182 (to replace a focus rs , which he didn't like- couldnt trust the diff) which he is changing next week for a megane 230.

David.

Williams 2, 182 cup
not usual a fan of 17s but I think these look spot on.

DSC00338-1.gif

Sorry, I couldn't help show mine off lol

MINI Cooper S
Loose the lexARSE lights, and the 16v thing! :p

Wheels look good! the only other thing i will say is that they are maybe a little to big?

hi , new to the forum.

how wierd.!!

David.

Lol what are the chances! that 6 cd changer has disapeared and it still leaks the odd bit of oil! The orginal wheels are still going strong its just the laquer has began to peel of so the wheels look really grubby. Gonna refurb the when i get so time. And i must say thanks for getting the abs lol have needed it a few times:rasp:

People keep saying that it should handle like crap, but i havent noticed any change, tbh i think it handles a little better.
Ah, but do you mean it grips better or it handles better ;) lol

It'll probably grip loads more with bigger rims and their lower profile, stiffer sidewall tyres, but when it comes to going over the limit of grip, the theory is that it will be a lot less progressive and just snap away more, rather than being able to play like you can with 15s! :)

I dont really know bout over the limit grip lol as i dont push it that hard on the roads, would definatly chuck the turbines back on when i take it on the track. I have had the back come out a few times on me with the 17s but you could feel it start to happen and its all been easily corrected.

Wheels look good! the only other thing i will say is that they are maybe a little to big?

I thought that when i first bought them but when i look at it now they look smaller than i thought, i think that they look much better in the flesh i cant seem to get the right pic

Last post i promise, thanks for all the comments guys and gals some good some bad, but hey, my taste isnt the same as some others thats why its my car.:)