ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Victim of some mallicious Account hacking. Help!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Hey guys,

in the last few weeks, someone repeatedly keeps somehow resetting my hotmail password, then from there resetting all of my various passwords for different forums/sites. have deleted my lifetime of emails etc.. from work/family you name it!

they have used
skatingonafrozenlake@gmx.com - as a secondary account on my email and registered the tesco mobile number 0770991339 to be associated with my email, which calls and never picks up. (or sometimes does and they are silent)

Is there any way someone can help me identify who this is/explain the best route to go down to resolve all of this.

(I have changed all my secret password d.o.b. stuff etc.. to a load of jibberish and they still keep getting in, no-one else knows my passwords and there are no keylogger etc's on my machine!)

this has been going on for 2 weeks now, they have been messaging my family, trying to reset my bank details etc.. and just being a pain on facebook etc.. HELP!?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
after a while, I've managed to get into the email address and it contains no info and has never been used. so was purely setup for the purpose of this attack!

Cupra
Move all your forum accounts/ facebook etc to a new email address for a bit?
I presume your done all the malwarebytes/ spybot scans etc?

You can also turn on the security feature on facebook that sends an email to confirm that a new machine has logged onto your account and so that you have to approve new machines logging into the account first (Accounts settings/ Security) You can also see the locations of people who are logging into your account under active sessions.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
so, someone has performed an illegal activity, and you are the butt end of it.

tried the Police? long shot i know, but they might do something.

:slap:

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I have done all of the above, resulting in me having to change email address. and change passwords and associated emails for EVERYTHING. not bothering with the police, as they will do jack all.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
You're an idiot.

On what grounds? he has said he has scanned his comp for virus etc.

However, if you have really changed everything then there must be something somewhere on your computer.

If you've changed to a completely new email address and then that gets hacked too etc then the only way they could know you've moved to that new address is through your own computer.

Download avast! and also get some spyware/malware scanners and do some deep scans, if that doesn't find it then change all your usernames/passwords etc through a different computer and I suspect it won't occur again ( until you log in using the computer that is clearly infected with something )

If no scans are finding anything then i'd be formatting and reloading as logically the only way they could be doing that if your moving to a new email address and thats getting hacked too is to be able to log your keystrokes.

Do you have a flatmate or anything or a mate who you've pissed off or anyone you know personally who is a full on geek that might not like you? If someone made their own keylogger and put it on your machine the chances of it being picked up by a scan are slim as it wouldn't be a well known and recognised keylogger for the scan to pick up on.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
He is an idiot for stating the fact that the police will do nothing?

Anyone who has ever dealt with the police knows they'll see this as a minor thing and won't bother same as when your car gets vandalised or whatever they don't care about minor stuff like this at all so it really would be a waste of time.

Bus w**ker
It's still something that you should report, it's all out attempted identity/data theft and if he is stung by them and found by his Credit Card company/bank etc to have had knowledge that someone was trying to to illegally access his account(s), say by reading a post made on a public forum, he could be held accountable. Not to mention if whoever is doing this is in the UK and attacking others that aren't so lucky, by reporting the activity he could save someone else. For the time it would take to make a phone call and send the information he has gathered I can't see why you wouldn't, unless you had something to hide.

So yeah, I fully stand by my statement.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
FYI through some contacts, I found out where the phone was being used from then from the address figured out who it was! turns out it was a girl who I turned down for a relationship a while back.. B*tches be crazy!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
found out that her last bf has a restraining order against her!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Nothing says "I love you" like a restraining order !

Gmail FTW.

F**k hotmail.

Make your passwords more complicated too. If a girl who you didn't go out with could guess/know it.. you weren't trying very hard...

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Nothing says "I love you" like a restraining order !

Gmail FTW.

F**k hotmail.

Make your passwords more complicated too. If a girl who you didn't go out with could guess/know it.. you weren't trying very hard...

I have changed to gmail now and I had a strong alpha numeric password with capital letters in also. She found some sort of back door using security info etc I guess. Gmail is WAY more secure. Problem is I have no proof that it was her, as I may not have used legitimate means to find out that it was her.

Cupra
P.S. You might want to ask a Mod to delete this thread, as a google on the email address and phone number brings it up. ;)