ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The work begins...

clio mk 2 5 door
so got so many tips from the forum and now today is the day i start it all. just nipped out from work and took both front and back diamonds off (back one is a pig!!) gonna polish them up then spray them graphite grey. wanna do the same with bullets and colour code the whole lot. waiting for a quote back from a sprayer who is sposed to be good. depending on the price may have a crack at it myself.

heres the stuff i want to do:
paint callipers blue ( to match the car)
spray back badge and clio badge grey
carbon wrap the front diamond
lower 40mm on raceland coilies
get a beesting aerial (mainly cause i cant get a radio signal for s**t!!)
get an RS grille but have mesh for now

thinking of doing a progress thread but gonna take me a good few months to get all this done

anymore tips would be great. its a 1.2 5 door so really not botherd about engine or performace and really dont want to go over the top. sticking to the blue and grey theme

cheers :)

clio mk 2 5 door
lower it some more! :approve:
Haha there's some very nasty speed bumps near me tho. Just want it to look a bit slicker
Jus sprayed my diamonds and clio badge with primer. Looks a really nice shade. Ha may jus lacquer over the top

Sportlines (softer than the prolines) + standard shocks will be a much better option than raceland coilovers if you're not wanting to add the line "slammed to da grownd only scrapes arches a bit gets lowds of luks everywer u go real hed turner" to the advert when you sell the car OR (more importantly) if you live somewhere bumpy.

The only place decent coilovers really work is on track. And Racelands don't count as "decent" anyway...

Definitely get some pictures up, I find modified blue non-sports quite interesting as they're not that common so always stand out from the other gazillion RS reps. Also wire mesh isn't done very often at all so will be interesting to see if you can make that work (without looking too much like a 10 year old Ford lol)

My tip- Avoid the racelands.

If you want a 40mm drop and s**t ride get apex springs, they are renowned for being awful and to destroy the handling of the clio. But they are better than the racelands. I speak from experience. However i never paid for either of them so never lost out.

clio mk 2 5 door
Yea will take some pictures tommorow and stick them up. I can see how people easily end up adding too many different colours and ruining the whole look. As its a 5 door it makes it a bit more interesting. Jus gonna stick to grey and blue. Was thinking about white and blue but would have to clean it every day. Will look into those springs mate cheers for the advice

That seems like a pretty decent set of mods but I have a 1.2 5door 03 clio too and don't you think it'd be wasted on a 1.2? For mine i'm mainly doing cosmetic things

clio mk 2 5 door
That seems like a pretty decent set of mods but I have a 1.2 5door 03 clio too and don't you think it'd be wasted on a 1.2? For mine i'm mainly doing cosmetic things
What things do you think would be wasted on a 1.2? All the things I want to do are cosmetic rather than engine etc. the only performance thing I have is a k&n filter which to be honest is pointless on a 1.2

clio mk 2 5 door
The only reason I want to lower it is for the look. No matter what you do it always looks so much nicer lowered

Well mainly the coilovers but I didn't realise how cheap they were, I thought they were like upwards of £500.

You thought about a new splitter or alloys?

clio mk 2 5 door
Well mainly the coilovers but I didn't realise how cheap they were, I thought they were like upwards of £500.

You thought about a new splitter or alloys?
Ah right yea. That's not to improve performance or anything just look nicer. Yea was looking at splitters but don't know if they make a massive difference. Have to do a photoshop to see.

clio mk 2 5 door
added another coat of primer while at work (stank the place out) tried getting the side trims off but theres nothing to really grip on to to give it a good push. any tips for getting these off would be good. gonna take some pictures once i put the diamonds back and the clio badge. deffinately just going to lacquer straight over the top of the primer. really like the shade of grey. means ive wasted a whole can of shitty grey spray paint though.

Skoda splitter comes extremely highly recommended for cheap err thrills...

Seriously for £11 you can't complain at the front being an inch lower to the ground & finishing off the front bumper nicely. Made a massive different to my 182.

clio mk 2 5 door
Skoda splitter comes extremely highly recommended for cheap err thrills...

Seriously for £11 you can't complain at the front being an inch lower to the ground & finishing off the front bumper nicely. Made a massive different to my 182.
does it fit into the same brackets or does it need a bit of a bodge job? will deffinagtely look into mate :)

clio mk 2 5 door
Deffinately worth giving it a go then. Found a real nice beesting aerial which matches my car colour perfectly. Adding more stuff to the list all the time. Money is the only thing holding me back.

I'm in a similar position, just starting out with cosmetics until I can afford matched inlets, re map, set of eibachs and some turinis. Just had a Fabia splitter turn up and new plates gone for an 84mm high front plate. The small things seem to make a big difference

clio mk 2 5 door
I'm in a similar position, just starting out with cosmetics until I can afford matched inlets, re map, set of eibachs and some turinis. Just had a Fabia splitter turn up and new plates gone for an 84mm high front plate. The small things seem to make a big difference
yea exactly what im doing. its not so much i cant afford the parts, its just how much the insurance will go up. think the 3/4 size plates look really smart as they dont over hang. keeping it simple makes it look so much better. too many peoples cars ive seen are just waay to over the top

Just be delicate with the truth to insurance, some stuffs not worth mentioning as it won't make a difference. I'm getting married in may so can only afford the small things at the mo can't wait to be able to spend some decent money on it.

clio mk 2 5 door
yea little things i shalln't bother telling them cause if something did happen it would take 2 secs to change it back but coilies are going to bump the insurance up massive for me.

How Much do you want to drop it? I'm just going for a set of eibach springs on standard shocks should give me about 20-30 mm drop and hopefully not destroy my back lol

clio mk 2 5 door
How Much do you want to drop it? I'm just going for a set of eibach springs on standard shocks should give me about 20-30 mm drop and hopefully not destroy my back lol

at least 40 mate. know too many people who have brought springs and lowerd it 20 or 30 and without properly looking theres not a massive difference. i think lowering 40 sits really nice without it looking slammed. i dont do alot of driving maybe 30 mins a day so not too worried about the ride haha :p

Just to reassure the splitter queries...

There are no "standard" brackets as such, renault just screwed it straight into the plastic underside of the bumper. You can do the same. Get some "self taping" screws from B&Q etc if you live in an ideal world. The splitter needs about 3" cutting off the end, but the plastic is very soft so a stanley/kitchen knife is fine. The soft plastic also means it's very easy to screw on. Jack the car up to give you some room.

Fits any Clio, not just the Renaultsport ones.

Buy it online http://www.skodaparts.com/product/front-bumper-splitter-spoiler-fabia-2007-2011-33930 or order it from a dealer.

I ordered one Sunday turned up on Tuesday seems spot on, weather permitting be fitting it on sat, just waiting on my new plates. Splitter is a well worth while mod for less than £20

clio mk 2 5 door
Cheers for that Steven. Yea will have a look around and see where the best place to get them is. Are they alot longer than the standard clip ones then. As in fatter. Gonna have a go at some carbon wrapping tommorow so that should be fun

clio mk 2 5 door
colour coded side strips. fitted new arial and mesh. some good deals for sport front bumper. think thats gonna be the next step when pay day arrives. carbon wrapped my bullets. look better than i thought it would. cant decide whether to cut around the 16 valve and paint them the same colour as the car or leave it fully wrapped. what do people think. gonna try and give it a clean tonight and fit the side strips but by the time i get home it will be dark. will get some pics up soon.

clio mk 2 5 door
gave her a good clean today and thought i would take some photos as its been a while. hopefully getting my soprt grill next week but been waiting a while for it. ive carbon wrapped both diamonds and cc the side strips. next is the bumpers.

Last edited: