ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I feel like a boring complaining parrot, but this Xbox One has really disappointed me.

As I said I don't really do much gaming - just FIFA usually - but for the core things I assumed it would do it's let me down.

I bought Forza before so I've at least got an alternative game to play and it requires a 5GB update which, considering my poor internet speed, is going to take more than a day. So I thought I'd download BBC Iplayer to watch Top Gear - that's not available.

For my pretty basic requirements it's been an absolute waste of money and I am really considering selling it.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
So your slow internet and BBC not yet publishing the app make the Xbox disappointing?

Not everyone has 40MB + internet speed so why make it so that you have to download GBs for an update to a game?

Like I said the most disappointing thing is the lack of a system video player to play videos and music from USB.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not everyone has 40MB + internet speed so why make it so that you have to download GBs for an update to a game?

Like I said the most disappointing thing is the lack of a system video player to play videos and music from USB.

That will come out though - but yes it definitely seems strange that One didn't come with many of the features available (and therefore expected) on the 360. Another reason I'm waiting before getting a new gen console. I still don't see why both Sony and MS rushed to get them out when they're obviously not quite finished...well actually I do know; they wanted to put them on sale before Xmas and knew a certain percentage of people would buy them regardless of how finished they were.

As for the updates - you still get these on current gen consoles so this isn't exactly a new thing for the One or PS4.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
That will come out though - but yes it definitely seems strange that One didn't come with many of the features available (and therefore expected) on the 360. Another reason I'm waiting before getting a new gen console. I still don't see why both Sony and MS rushed to get them out when they're obviously not quite finished...well actually I do know; they wanted to put them on sale before Xmas and knew a certain percentage of people would buy them regardless of how finished they were.

As for the updates - you still get these on current gen consoles so this isn't exactly a new thing for the One or PS4.

Yes you get updates usually around 50MB or so, not 5GB+ haha. I wouldn't mind the updates of old.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I've spent a bit of time on the OCUK forums this past week and the general feeling there is Titanfall is a bag of s**t.

What's good about it?

I keep getting tempted by an XBO but I've just spent £550 on my PC and more money on gaming hardware than rent in a month should be a warning sign lol.

If you've got a decent PC then download titanfall beta and give it a go. Its not for everyone but if you enjoy face paced shooters you might enjoy it. I think many people complaining are overlooking the fact its a beta.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've spent a bit of time on the OCUK forums this past week and the general feeling there is Titanfall is a bag of s**t.

What's good about it?

I keep getting tempted by an XBO but I've just spent £550 on my PC and more money on gaming hardware than rent in a month should be a warning sign lol.

Whereas if you go on AVF the general feeling is Titanfall is fantastic.

Tesla MP3 2021
Xbox One came today and just got it powered up so I could start the hefty FIFA14 download.

Instantly loved using Kinect to scan the QR code :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Since the last update it seems mine won't auto sign me in (via Kinect) it asks me to sign in with a controller and when I tell it to turn off it accepts that command ok but now will never acknowledge me saying yes? Am I missing something or have they just made things worse?

The new friends list is better (seeing a list of all online), and the party chat is far easier to use (you no longer have to start a party, invite a friend, then turn party chat on).

I expected a message in XBL saying what they added, to save me searching around for changes.

Just realised, if you have friends who don't have the preview update, you cannot party chat with them. At least I'm having trouble this evening.

Clio Rs 200T
Fair enough just hope I haven't wasted my money. Main reason why I'm getting one is for the exclusives.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough just hope I haven't wasted my money. Main reason why I'm getting one is for the exclusives.

If I had my time again I would buy the PS4 - cant really understand why you've bought both?

For my money I wouldnt buy a XBO for 1/2 years - wait for a backlog of decent exclusives then get it. Chances are there will be some more exciting things in the pipeline. All IMHO of course...

Clio Rs 200T
Most of my friends have them gets boring when you've got no one on with you. But there is a fair few things I like about the xb1 it was just the price that put me off before.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I had and completed dead rising and RYSE. RYSE was very good but very easy and pretty short.
Dead rising got very tedious but was awesome for the first 2 days.