ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The yearly 'Quarry Action Day crash' video

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
The Z4 crash looked well nasty, id be well gutty if owt like that happen to me on a track day.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Great little Video, That Z4 crash was very nasty!

Looking at all the cars that went into the tyres most of the "modern" cars looked like they had Minor damage (Although im sure it was worse than it looked) but that Pug 309 just folds on the front end! Crumple zones FTW LOL

106 GTi
I was stood near to the guy filming on a few of those!

Features BMW tool then, wondered if anyone would find the marshal post there like the Scooby does.

The Liquid 197 was lucky !

Turbos.
I liked the sympathy spin from the R27, oh and the NSX of course.

Z4 trying to keep up with a Caterham, major fail!

Z4 crash looked unpleasant. were they all from this last action day? never ceases to amaze how many people bin it really - and that's just the one corner!

best i've seen at Quarry involved a couple of cars - a 924 came over the rise, the driver outbraked himself, and the side of the car went into the tyres well before the apex (more or less where that Z4 went), and then someone following him in an XR2 did exactly the same thing - the 924 had bounced out just enough to leave an XR2 sized gap and, fair play to the Fiesta driver, he managed to squeeze it through on the grass at speed. good job no one had either gotten out of the Porsche or made it to it to help really

Z4 crash looked unpleasant. were they all from this last action day? never ceases to amaze how many people bin it really - and that's just the one corner!

No that's from all the Action Days (and Japfest) this year.

I like that 'BMW tool' gets a look in at the end, they were a genuinely idiotic bunch.

This is last years vid, incase anyone hasn't seen it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ0-zkEyHIE, the standard has improved since last year!

106 GTi
He was on the phone to the wife when we walked past him ...

"I don't think you will be able to use the car this weekend..."

MKIII 138
2.14 min both same speed, perhaps oil on track ? evo trick 4wd does a 360deg, yet the 197 just slows and controls to a stop ? better technology on the ESP, more road friendly ?

Turbos.
Thought i'd seen this vid before, some thread resurrection action!

I like the MR2 at 2:31 which loses it in virtually a straight line lol... typical MR2!

ITB'd 182...
Love driving Combe!

Got no fear at that corner!

It's Camp corner i hate with a passion! Went to Japfest a few years ago and saw a Gold NSX hit the wall hard and have never been the same since :(

PH1 iceburg
I hate seeing people crash there own cars, it makes me feel sick to think how they feel after totallig their pride and joy (big softie me)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I hate seeing people crash there own cars, it makes me feel sick to think how they feel after totallig their pride and joy (big softie me)

im the same mate all you could hear me saying while watching it "ooooo", "jesus thats bad", "frigg-a-dig"

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Love driving Combe!

Got no fear at that corner!

It's Camp corner i hate with a passion! Went to Japfest a few years ago and saw a Gold NSX hit the wall hard and have never been the same since :(

I'm the complete opposite :S

I tip-toe through Avon Rise into Quarry, but pitch it hard into Camp.

I'll grow bigger balls.

ITB'd 182...
I'm the complete opposite :S

I tip-toe through Avon Rise into Quarry, but pitch it hard into Camp.

I'll grow bigger balls.

Camp is sooo frightning for me. It's off camber as you come around and you can feel the back end go light.

I lose alot of time on that corner tbh...

Camp corner's really satisfying when you get it right (obv. the quickest corner on the circuit - speed you carry through it and onto the straight is important for lap times if that's your thing) and it's always seemed wise to approach Quarry with something in reserve

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS

Same as with me to, not very reasuring for me thinking of going 2 my first trackday soon!

Clio 1.2 16v
It's mostly people who come over the Rise too quick! Flippin' nutters.

Lovely videos so credit must go to Jim, who according to local folklore, is part of a band of brave spectators who go by the name of 'The Quarry Hardcore'.

Caterham 270R
It's mostly people who come over the Rise too quick! Flippin' nutters.

Lovely videos so credit must go to Jim, who according to local folklore, is part of a band of brave spectators who go by the name of 'The Quarry Hardcore'.

How did you know that are we world famous:eek::eek::eek:

Focus RS Mk1
i would recommend anyone who wants to go on their first track day to go to bedford autodrome. huge run off area's!