ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TheRat...

Clio RN (TheRat)
Thought I'd start with a few pics of how she was when I bought her...

DSCF0268.jpg

1st thing I did was strip out the back

DSCF0282.jpg

Then I dropped the front of the car

DSCF0300.jpg

After that came the temporary install, soon to be changed ;)

DSCF0306-1.jpg

Tinted the back windows, dropped the arse, then sprayed it matt black

DSCF4002.jpg

Next up was a few window stickers, soon to be more though

103_0823.jpg

03112009-1.jpg

03112009_001.jpg

Next up is new wheels, also planning an engine conversion

Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
I must admit the stickers ruin it for me aswell, they are actually worse than bumper stickers imo.

Clio RN (TheRat)
With this car I don't expect people to like/understand it tbh, I'll leave the haters to be haters, and proceed as I am, and hopefully soon have them intruiged by my differences ;)

I'll be adding to the stickers, so for now the look shite, but when there's more stickers it'll look better

Any idea's where to get myself a Mégane RXi ?? Need the full car for the engine, box, ecu and loom

Mustang, S13, AX GT
With this car I don't expect people to like/understand it tbh, I'll leave the haters to be haters, and proceed as I am, and hopefully soon have them intruiged by my differences ;)

I'll be adding to the stickers, so for now the look s**te, but when there's more stickers it'll look better

Any idea's where to get myself a Mégane RXi ?? Need the full car for the engine, box, ecu and loom
Its not about not understanding it, the stickers look pants as they are just a bunch of half assed coined phrases about loud sound systems. Rat look cars look cool if done properly...

Clio RN (TheRat)
Megane RXi?? What the f**ks that?

It's the 16v 1.4 engine, seen in the facelift model of the 1st Mégane

I love the way as soon as you dislike a try hard rat car your labeled as a hater by the owner lol

Its all good fun

Hater wasn't used to be so harsh, What I meant moreso was people that aren't into the rat-look styling

Its not about not understanding it, the stickers look pants as they are just a bunch of half assed coined phrases about loud sound systems. Rat look cars look cool if done properly...

Yeh they look pants in YOUR opinion, I've been told by other people on other sites they do and don't like them, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one

I'm not gonna get on here and start a load of shite over a car, just here for the same reason as most

keep up the work...

f*ck the haters

Please its called having an opinion, not being a hater, wouldn't life be very dull if we all went onto all the threads on here and said things were awesome.

Its good to see people doing different things and not just the usual painting things pretty colours and fitting go faster parts.

;)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Please its called having an opinion, not being a hater, wouldn't life be very dull if we all went onto all the threads on here and said things were awesome.

Its good to see people doing different things and not just the usual painting things pretty colours and fitting go faster parts.
;)

for my sins i agree with what you have said, its great people like different things, and i spose its good we have sites like this were people can air and share opinions...but what you also get on websites, like this one is people who are short minded / sighted and believe that painted badges, turini's and silvervisions is the only way to modify a car,

its a shame we don't have the technology to tell in what way things are written / said, lots of personality is lost when opinions enter a keyboard

for my sins i agree with what you have said, its great people like different things, and i spose its good we have sites like this were people can air and share opinions...but what you also get on websites, like this one is people who are short minded / sighted and believe that painted badges, turini's and silvervisions is the only way to modify a car,

its a shame we don't have the technology to tell in what way things are written / said, lots of personality is lost when opinions enter a keyboard

I agree and I do try to use the stupid winks etc to tone down my comments and make people realise I am only messing and just expressing a different opinion.

Unfortunatley texts/emails etc can be sent hastily and you have no idea the mood the other person is in and how they will react.

Its all good in the hood though and I for one enjoy the mixture of styles and opinions on here most of the time.

:)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

In a way i do agree with you now...

HOWEVER, you never you'd to be so (I'm tryin to think of a better word than Radical) with your motors. They were all mint, simple, prestine...Then you changed and took a completely different direction.

I preferred your old side...But i'm a boring, simple and obnoxious c**t! ;)

Clio RN (TheRat)
looks like a piece, id love it for comedy value though, so id say 7/10 :)

needs dents/rust

The roof is rusting slowly but surely, it's had a coat of brake fluid (3rd coat) on it all day, so lets see what tomorrow brings :rofl:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
In a way i do agree with you now...

HOWEVER, you never you'd to be so (I'm tryin to think of a better word than Radical) with your motors. They were all mint, simple, prestine...Then you changed and took a completely different direction.

I preferred your old side...But i'm a boring, simple and obnoxious c**t! ;)

was only the valver i had before....i still think the 172 (in its everyday guise) is pretty simple, pretty much pristine and mint for an everyday car, the track wheels are a bit wild i give you that, but it doesn't need to look the best it possibly can when being ragged.

i learnt alot when i started my current job (i guess thats when you mean things changed), i saw styles i wasn't aware of before, i had more access to things, i was influenced, and i learnt that modifying was an extension of yourself, a lifestyle and should be something you enjoy, as apose to following the masses. Myself i have always wanted to be slightly different, thats a characteristic of my personality.

i use to spend loads on keeping the valver minty mint, and was like it with the 172 to start with, but then realised how much money was being wasted having bumpers repainted because of scrapes, yellow rims touched up because of chips....it was being done so that a few times a year forum bummers (in the nicest way / generalisation) could tell me how mint my car was, it was a nice feeling but a bit pointless,

and thats the great thing with rat cars, you don't hsve to keep them minty mint, sure the owners care about the cars but most are not bothered about to the point where little marks will get re-painted...thats what i enjoy about them...

i hope the member who's thread this is doesn't feel we have hijacked the thread, i will quite happily talk over this more if it got edited to a different part of the forum...

good luck and stick with the build, maybe checkout fastcar issue 285, out a week tomorrow, its our rat issue, may give you some inspiration

Clio RN (TheRat)
was only the valver i had before....i still think the 172 (in its everyday guise) is pretty simple, pretty much pristine and mint for an everyday car, the track wheels are a bit wild i give you that, but it doesn't need to look the best it possibly can when being ragged.

i learnt alot when i started my current job (i guess thats when you mean things changed), i saw styles i wasn't aware of before, i had more access to things, i was influenced, and i learnt that modifying was an extension of yourself, a lifestyle and should be something you enjoy, as apose to following the masses. Myself i have always wanted to be slightly different, thats a characteristic of my personality.

i use to spend loads on keeping the valver minty mint, and was like it with the 172 to start with, but then realised how much money was being wasted having bumpers repainted because of scrapes, yellow rims touched up because of chips....it was being done so that a few times a year forum bummers (in the nicest way / generalisation) could tell me how mint my car was, it was a nice feeling but a bit pointless,

and thats the great thing with rat cars, you don't hsve to keep them minty mint, sure the owners care about the cars but most are not bothered about to the point where little marks will get re-painted...thats what i enjoy about them...

i hope the member who's thread this is doesn't feel we have hijacked the thread, i will quite happily talk over this more if it got edited to a different part of the forum...

good luck and stick with the build, maybe checkout fastcar issue 285, out a week tomorrow, its our rat issue, may give you some inspiration

Wow thats a spiel and a half :cheers:

It's ok, you hijacked it but I got it back lol

I'll be getting that issue, saw it in the last one, lest hope it bring some more inspiration :cool:

looks different, would like to see how it turns out tho..keep it up mate

Cheers dude, will do, for now I'm focussing on more ICE, threw 2 speakers in me glovebox yesterday, just never got around to wiring them in