ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thermostats

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
So I have been talking about a full coolant flush and hose change on my clio 182 for a while now. Decided I’m going to gather all the necessary parts then crack on with the job. Thought I’d buy a new thermostat and housing gasket to tick another thing off the list. However RPD want £36 for the genuine Renault thermostat. I can buy a pattern variant from ECP for about £8! So are the ECP versions complete junk? I would prefer a OE version but that sounds prohibitively expensive for a thermostat! Any thought? Is it a case of buy cheap, buy twice with the ECP version?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
So I have been talking about a full coolant flush and hose change on my clio 182 for a while now. Decided I’m going to gather all the necessary parts then crack on with the job. Thought I’d buy a new thermostat and housing gasket to tick another thing off the list. However RPD want £36 for the genuine Renault thermostat. I can buy a pattern variant from ECP for about £8! So are the ECP versions complete junk? I would prefer a OE version but that sounds prohibitively expensive for a thermostat! Any thought? Is it a case of buy cheap, buy twice with the ECP version?

I always went genuine so can't help completely, but seem to recall when reading into it the pattern ones tended not to seal correctly.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
To be honest I suspect mine is the original, it’s still working as it should (from what little I have driven the thing) but given I’m refreshing and flushing the system I planned to change it. Just wasn’t expecting something I always seemed to be a cheap item being quite so ££, I would much prefer OE, does anyone know who makes the Renault thermostat?

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest I suspect mine is the original, it’s still working as it should (from what little I have driven the thing) but given I’m refreshing and flushing the system I planned to change it. Just wasn’t expecting something I always seemed to be a cheap item being quite so ££, I would much prefer OE, does anyone know who makes the Renault thermostat?
Dauphinoise Thomson 104051, pt no 8200772985 was what I removed from mine.

It would be interesting to see how long it takes to come from Lithuania.

Thermostat For Renault Clio Scenic Kangoo Megane Laguna 1.4 1.6 16V 8200772985 | eBay

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Ktec have them for £32 delivered. Genuine OE.

I should imagine ordering from Lithuania being somewhat painful at the moment. But I’m in no rush so could give it a shot

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I just ordered some parts from Latvia for the Audi and they arrived in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't say its as bad as people are thinking it's going to be.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the RPD one, thought it was overpriced at the time and still do now.... the one I took out was the original, zero difference in running temps before and after but there was no problem before so I don't know what I was expecting. Car perhaps warms up a touch faster but 🤷‍♂️

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
@RustyMojo I bought this one, Febi so cant be too bad and looked near identical to the perished old one.

Cheers Dom, looks like they have sold out now.

clio 172 ph2
I recently put a Gates one on mine.
It was recommended on here by some, also not expensive and no issues so far