ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

these exhaust brackets..

renault say £75 fitted,

kwik fit say £50 fitted,

I can buy them from renault for £18 each, easy to fit??

I am talking bout the two rubber brackets that keep the two back boxes on a 182 steady.

Nimbus Megane R26
mate if your ever near warrington and have access to ramps i can do it for you or show you how to do it. BenP did mine when he fitted my miltek and it was a piece of p!ss. You'd need the sockets for the bolt things though and i dont have them..really easy to do though just bolt right onto the chassis and the metal hangers off the zorst go through the hole in the middle of your new zorst mounts

Make sure you ask for the exhaust mounts for a 172 just you need 2 of them. I asked for zorst mounts for a 182 and they ordered the wrong ones at arnold clark in warrington. They are £18ish iirc so i think you have the correct ones. PM me if you need bud

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Cup
Go to CES... £6.50 each iirc...!!!!!!!!!

The metal housing kind with the central rubber mounts for the 182 that bolt directly onto the chassis... Shocking how much Renault can get away with charging on top :eek: they wanted £40 plus for the set of two!!!

Datsun
Go to CES... £6.50 each iirc...!!!!!!!!!

The metal housing kind with the central rubber mounts for the 182 that bolt directly onto the chassis... Shocking how much Renault can get away with charging on top :eek: they wanted £40 plus for the set of two!!!

Top tip there mate. Just bought 2 new mounts for £15 + P&P :D Less than half price! Can't say fairer than that.

RB 182
Cheers, sent an enquiry email to them... do you have to quote the part number? Will give them a call in the morning if they get lost :)

Datsun
no need to quote the part nos, I just called them and asked for a price on 2 182 exhaust brackets. They should arrive tomorrow.. can't wait to get rid of the feckin rattling!

Does anyone know of any better rubber bracket for my 172 back box? (Mk2Ph1) as ive been through 2 of these rubber mounts and they seem to perish very quickly meaning that the back boxs just hangs in the metal surround bracket and knocks about, very annoying.

Thinking of making my own rubber mount out of more durable rubber tbh wouldnt be difficult.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
You can use a bit of hose pipe, cut in to two smaller pieces and zip tie in place to help support the rubber mount.

There's a guide in the Guides section of the forum. I'll get a link in a moment.

Cheers for the CES link though, I need a rear and centre mount. Do they do both?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Well, I've been paid today so I'm ordering the K-Tec stealth exhaust and just got off the phone to CES UK. They've got a branch in Derby, not far from me and I spoke to a friendly chap called Jonathan.

Asked for a rear and centre exhaust mounts for a 172, he asked for the reg of my car and 2 minutes later says they've got both in stock and would I like them reserved for me? Gave my name and reserved them @ £6.50+VAT each.

BARGAIN, can't thank you enough :)

Now to buy some hose pipe :)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
what are these exhaust mounts like from ces?!! are they the same??!!

Pics please guys! :approve:

Lionel Richie
just cut out the old rubber bit (or burn it out!), and wedge in a new oval rubber, will cost about £4 and will never need touching again

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Fred you are a :star: any suggestions on how to get a cheap yozza as well Fred LOL ;)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I'm going to wedge and zip tie some old sockets or hose pipe to support the mount.

The exhaust mounts are the same as supplied to Renault.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Im confused why do that if you have got the exact ones from ces?!

ooh Derby hey local! ;)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Oooof, Nottinghamshire - where abouts?

Basically, the rubber is p155 poor in the mounts and will ultimately sagg so to help support the rubber mount that is in the shape of an X, you can support the bottom part of the X.

Basically, imagine a square, an X in the middle, and a circle in the middle.

The exhaust slides in through the circle, which is in the middle of the X. The bottom half of the X saggs under the weight and movement of the exhaust, so in order to support the X and keep the exhaust hidden under the bumper, you need to wedge something there, or replace the rubber to something more durable. I'm sure Fred could provide a link to somewhere?

^ like this?

Mountmod-1.jpg

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Oooof, Nottinghamshire - where abouts?

Basically, the rubber is p155 poor in the mounts and will ultimately sagg so to help support the rubber mount that is in the shape of an X, you can support the bottom part of the X.

Basically, imagine a square, an X in the middle, and a circle in the middle.

The exhaust slides in through the circle, which is in the middle of the X. The bottom half of the X saggs under the weight and movement of the exhaust, so in order to support the X and keep the exhaust hidden under the bumper, you need to wedge something there, or replace the rubber to something more durable. I'm sure Fred could provide a link to somewhere?

Near Sunny Eastwood sure you know IKEA ;)

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Yeah just like that - what size mm piping did you use?

I know Eastwood, I'm not far from the Hemlock Stone if you know it :p

inferno 182 both cup pack
Tel (Exhausts National): 01244 372555 ask for tim very helpful

£ 25 for two mounts on next day delivery

ordered a back box mount from CES late Friday afternoon and it arrived today. they told me they didn't keep the middle one though - ?

the mount was £8 and the delivery was £7 (next day delivery - didn't ask for it; might be worth enquiring if you don't need it in a rush). quality seems fine; better than a sh*gged OE one anyways

it's an exhaust mount:clown:

it's no different to the Renault one - just doesn't have their part number or logos embossed on it:)