ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thieving Scum

Some little f%%kers burgled my house last night in an attempt to steal my clio v6 and my wifes mk4 v6 golf.

Its a little sad that I had been expecting it for most of the duration of ownership (3 years) and am surprised that this is the first time (that I know of) that someone has tried.

They broke in to my kitchen and took anything of value they could get their hands on from downstairs (my wallet and change of around £40 in 10 and 20 pence coins). My wife and I were asleep upstairs and were only disturbed by the Police banging on the door to tell us wed been burgled!

Although the thieves got both sets of car keys they were unable to get away in the cars thanks to my neighbour being woken and calling the Police who arrived in time to scare them off but unluckily not catch them. The police were excellent. Five times two man police cars and a police dog van arrived within 15 minutes of my neighbour calling which has undoubtedly prevented the loss of the vehicles.

I am posting this as a warning to anyone that has a decent car. Someone will try to take it and you should take measures to prevent them. As is always the case after my initial paranoia that the car would be taken at any time I relaxed my guard and had stopped taking my keys to bed with me. DONT DO THIS.

Make sure you take your keys upstairs (sleep with them under your pillows!)and your house keys too. Although these pr*cks broke in through a downstairs window their passage through my house was made much easier by the fact the could get their hands on the front and back door keys.

The cost for changing the keys/locks for both cars is £520 for the Clio and £560 for the Golf!

Of course we could claim on the insurance but a) our excesses are close to that much and b) the loss of the ncb would be expensive in the long run. So some c*nts breaking into MY house will cost ME over a grand and all because I stopped taking my keys to bed with me.

Dont let it happen to you.

As the Mastercard (I think) advert says:

Cost of new keys and locks for your cars = £1000

Cost of feeling safe in your own home = PRICELESS (and I will not be feeling safe for a long time.)

Thanks for listening to my rant.

172 Cup

Sorry to hear that. Guess someone will be spending some more on home security aswell as new car locks.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

very sorry to hear that.

yep, nowadays its easier to break into the house and steal the keys.

that said, id rather leave the keys downstairs than under my pillow. i wouldnt fancy being woken to a baseball bat pressed against my cheek.

my car is (touch wood) very secure the ways its parked on the drive but theres little i can do if they decide to break into the house. i leave keys in hall, out of site of letterbox/windows.

apart from alarm/immobileser, its got a disklok, mul-t-lok, two sets of locking nuts and my mams diskloked fiesta jams me on drive. and we have cctv

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar experience a few years ago myself, although the theft of my car keys was made useless by the fact that I kept it half a mile away in a lock-up (they thought they were the keys to the BM Cabrio in the drive, which belonged to someone in an upstairs flat).

Cost me about £20 for a replacement key to be cut (plus £70 for alarm fob) - I reasoned that theyd not know what car they had the keys for and would dump them soon after, so didnt get the locks/alarm changed.

Interestingly, both my car and household insurance refused to pay for the cost of the keys and stereo fascia (that cost £200 at trade price too).

133/225/CLS AMG

You have my sympathies on this one mate. That is really a sh!tty thing to happen.

Its just typical that some thieving little f***ers come into your house to take what you have worked hard for. I hate that attitude.

I always take my keys to my bedroom and try and encourage my missus to do the same. Chances are the cowardly little pikeys arent going to confront you by going to those lengths :mad:

Clio 197

Holy sh*t.

Shame you werent woken-up by them : facial re-arrangement is very satisfying.:devilish:

I cought someone poking a large rod through my letterbox, as I came down the stairs to get a drink of water... :eek:

Cup 172

Hope you find out who it was so you can take there knee caps off. Thats what id do if I saw someone trying to take my car...

When I see a class car, it makes me work harder so I can buy one myself. These prats who decide they want a decent car without doing any work p!ss me off!!!

Mini Cooper S sport

Really sorry to hear that.

Stories like this really scare me..when I move house I am buying somewhere with a garage and locking the car in it every night!

The only advantage to me parking on street is that the pikey scum dont know which flat the car belongs to - but I always worry itll be vandalised or broken into..its just a matter of time Im sure.

Titanium 182

Probably well over the top but the whole house is cammed outside, front and back, night and day. All images are sent to dedicated servers off site so even if they took the pc Id have all the pics.

Shame these fu**ers dont get stuck 1/2 way in so you could torch them!

N

Silver 182 F/F

Had my 182 stolen 6 weeks ago in the same circumstances and the keys for the wifes TF taken,but car not stolen.You will find that you arent even insured for replacement locks unless they actually damage them while getting into car,and most house hold insurance will not pay out for locks only keys so for a £500 lockset you might get back £50 for the actuall key,like we did.Police told us if we had takenkeys upstairs the hose would have been ransacked so which is the best?

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 01 June 2005

..when I move house I am buying somewhere with a garage and locking the car in it every night!

Yep its the best way, "Out of sight, out of Mind", most theft is because "they see it there" and have to have a go....

Garages are the best way......well that or 10,000 volts through the door handle....lol;)

Simon.

Renault Clio 182

after hearing bruce182 getting his car nicked with the keys mine go everywhere with me and the spare set is with a mate,keys go to bed with me and i have some nasty surprises in store for anyone that tries to f**k with me and my car,although its garaged every night.

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 01 June 2005

Yep its the best way, "Out of sight, out of Mind", most theft is because "they see it there" and have to have a go....

Garages are the best way......well that or 10,000 volts through the door handle....lol;)

Simon.
Thanks people. Police have found my wallet with all the cards etc present (and there was no cash in it) keys are still missing though.

The police said the same w*nkers had stolen a porsche the night before (it had a tracker and was recovered in 12 minutes!) in the same way. They found the other car (g reg corolla)stolen from that house across the road from me (it had a crowbar and several screwdrivers in the boot).

My neighbour said she was woken because she heard a car stop abruptly and reverse back up the road. So theyve seen the cars on the drive and decided to have a go.

At the end of the day Im just glad that my wife and I have not been harmed or lost anything that is irreplacable.

New house alarm and large metal post for the drive on the way.

Embarrasingly I have a garage but had got home late from work (midnight)and thought it wouldnt matter for one night ( Yes I feel like a turd) because I had to move 2 other cars to park the clio in the garage.

I have now got the Clio at the renault dealers and we have exchanged the golf with my parents who live miles away until the VW dealers can fit us in to change the locks.

Now the sh*ts know we have the cars Im sure theyll be back to try again.

I, however, refuse to let scummy mailto:tw@ts">tw@ts force me into selling my car.

I will just have to be more careful and be smarter.

PLEASE take note of this. DO NOT END UP FEELING STUPID LIKE I DO.

Do not give anyone half a chance of stealing anything because the little fs will do it.

RB182cup&golf gti

problem is tho these scummers dont care who they trample all over, if they dont find your keys theyll prob go upstrairs and threaten you, i know 5 people whove had theit houses broken into for car keys - i never leave mine around and always keep a golf club under the bed incase i encounter any scum in my house - only sat night i saw a group of lads walk past my citroen, which i park on the street, when one turned back and stratred peering in the window to see what was on offer! scum bags all want putting away.

Sorry to hear it mate

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by hoe261 on 01 June 2005

only sat night i saw a group of lads walk past my citroen, which i park on the street, when one turned back and stratred peering in the window to see what was on offer! scum bags all want putting away.
Yeah, thats what worries me..it only takes seconds to smash a window or damage the car even if they dont nick anything. Saw someones Audi at work today which had been keyed right down one side - it just makes me SO angry.

They are total scum.

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 01 June 2005

Do what I did.... Get a dog!
Exactly wot Mike said get a nice big Dog and you tend not to get burgulars (i have 2 Big German Shepherds and the coppers dont even like visiting)

Scooby STi, FiestaST

yep... have to agree, ive got 3 labs, 2 jack russells (for short burglers) and a westy...

Hopefully the cat will get involved too.

sorry to hear about the break in tho.

Quote: Originally posted by Metallic Black on 01 June 2005

They are total scum.
yep agree, total scum they are, I reckon the owners should be allowed to go to work on them with a pair of pliars and a blowtourch...lol ;)

I had my 5GTT nicked from a carpark and it aint nice......never got it back because it was totalled, but at least the scum that nicked it died in the crash....:D

Simon.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

Heres an idea:

- Take the keys upstairs.
- Have another set of keys (that dont fit the car), make them obvious, big "V6" keyring or similar and place them on a key rack in a place where they will be seen.
- Rig this key rack up to an alarm or alert system of some sort.

The idea being that if someone breaks in, they see the keys, take them, which either sounds an alarm to scare them off, or notifies you discreetly so you can go downstairs and investigate.

If you were really handy with electrics you could make a set that opened the car door, but then locked the doors as soon as they closed and wouldnt open or start the car. Maybe going a bit too far that!

LOTS!

Mo Fos. Dread that happening to me.

Im gonna start sleeping with the keys IN MY PANTS! Not even my missus goes in there very often! :D

(Well - not as often as Id like ;))

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Not good at all... the only thing with taking them upstsirs is they may come looking for them.. and then it could get really nasty..

Weeman sucks ****

That is f**king discusting. one of the lowest forms of crime imo.

oh to have a 3 wood at the time wouldnt be justice.

glad youre ok mate.

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 02 June 2005

I had my 5GTT nicked from a carpark and it aint nice......never got it back because it was totalled, but at least the scum that nicked it died in the crash....:D

Simon.
Lucky in this day and age that the local paper didnt do a big piece about poor little Wayne (complete with photo of 29 yr old chav mum crying crocodile tears over framed photo of him in his school uniform) getting killed in a tragic accident and you getting sued because you didnt have adequate airbags installed!!!!!

When is this country going to wake up and start standing up for the ordinary, law abiding Joe? These scrotes do it because there is NO retribution.

A mate thinks I go to paranoid lengths to protect my 182 (and previously my MGF)...but hes not had 3 cars stolen, 4 broken into and 1 keyed (and they werent all flash motors!).

Our time willl come....

don't

brother only 2 days ago had his new camera and mp3 player stolen from uni

left his bag with a mate for 5 minutes, came back to find some 40 yr old had just walked in and picked it up, when questioned bloke just ran

police said hes done it about 10 times and not been caught, ppl just dont care anymore because they dont get punished

i see everday in the local paper about idiots being caught driving with no insurance etc and no licence and they just get a ban, there was one in there yesterday who had been done for drink driving 3 times and crashed once more and again avoided jail and got fined £50, even though he was banned and had no insurance either

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Bad news ... and repeated with worrying frequency :cry:

Im lucky ... house is alarmed, my V6 lives behind a secure roller garage door, and all keys are locked in a combination key box to prevent smash and grab. Would recommend everybody locks their keys up at night!

Quote: Originally posted by DAVE_RSi on 02 June 2005

there was one in there yesterday who had been done for drink driving 3 times and crashed once more and again avoided jail and got fined £50, even though he was banned and had no insurance either
...so less than wed get for being done by a scamera for doing 34 in a 30!