ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think I may be getting a 172 again soon!

My wife is 4 months pregnant so seriously starting to think about how Im gonna manage financially while she is off work for 9 months - only really obvious option is to sell the Megane R26 and pay off my loan leaving me with 4-5k to buy a temporary replacement.

I guess any normal person would buy something more economical but I love driving too much not to have a fun car and at the end of the day 40mpg is quite achievable in a 172 so thats double what I am getting from the Megane!

I love the Megane so much though - its so good to drive, feels like Im going backwards a bit but its for a good reason so just got to keep telling myself that.

Plus when my wife goes back to work hopefully she will have the 172 and ill sell her car and get another R26 all be it a second hand one as the new 2008 meggy looks a bit cack from what I have seen of it. Good chance to get a white R26 with black wheels and mirrors and full leather which wasnt available when I got mine.

Oh well rant over - I hate having to sell my cars

Really fancy this

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=283561

Hyundai i40
sounds like that the best way to go about it coz ull still have fun in the 172

kid in a 172 i have no probs with either

titanic killer
If thats what you got to do for a while then thats what you got to do,its not the end of the road for the meggy it will just have to wait a bit till you get another one when circumstances change
i had to get rid of my pride and joy when the other half was pregnant and it did my head for a while then the baby comes and you dont think about it much,then baby grows alittle and it was car changing time again

Lotus Elise 111R
I was in the same boat as you. Sold my elise, bought the 172 and a big family car, going back very soon though I think. The 172 has been a brilliant buy, see my other thread, and I have never looked back and regretted it, although when the time is right, i.e the children are a little bigger, the call of the elise is just too strong.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Mate, Having a kid is not expensive.

When we had alfie, i had to stop going out on the piss all the time and do the father thing. The money i saved on that made up the difference in my mrs full pay and her maternity pay! meaning i can keep toys for myself! ;)

you must drink alot Dan! lol

I already have a 10 year old - its not the kids thats the issue - its the fact that well have over £1000 a month less coming in for 9 months - plus she pays the loan for my car! (i pay the £860 a month mortgage!!!)

Chocolate Bar™
4-5k should net you a nice 172 so seems like a good move to me :)

was just about to PM you as well tim, so will do that now lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
you must drink alot Dan! lol

I already have a 10 year old - its not the kids thats the issue - its the fact that well have over £1000 a month less coming in for 9 months - plus she pays the loan for my car! (i pay the £860 a month mortgage!!!)

I go out 5/6 times a week, so yeah i suppose! lol

If you already have kids then thats a different story. I would imagine a 10 yr old and a baby would cost quite a bit more than my 5 month old!! lol

Lotus Elise 111R
I did'nt sell mine because I had to it was just more sensible. The benefits of the children should make up for the change and you have to look forward in life, glass is half full etc

titanic killer
Im in the same boat i have 3 kids 13,8 and 3 and the mrs stays at home with the little one so doesnt work and i find it hard sometimes

it all makes sense until I drive to work and have a clear stretch in front of me - even 6th gear makes me smile!

She will definately be going back to work though - she loves her job and gets good money so its not indefinate so might be worth struggling for 9 months - not doing anything until the baby is safely here in my arms though so wont be before end of May

Hyundai i40
it all makes sense until I drive to work and have a clear stretch in front of me - even 6th gear makes me smile!

She will definately be going back to work though - she loves her job and gets good money so its not indefinate so might be worth struggling for 9 months - not doing anything until the baby is safely here in my arms though so wont be before end of May

but remember its a tempory thing

I dont know why someone has moved this thread - Its not about clios its about having a baby and what to do car wise so fits in the general discussion a bit better I think but never mind

Yeah I know what you mean Sarah and is there really any point in struggling when we dont really need to

White R26 with Black wheels sounds p**n to me mate :) Get the 172 and then you will have the white 26 to look forward to in 9 months :rasp:

tis nice though

Picture1028.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can't say i ever got 40mpg from my clio...late 20's mayb around town and commutin.

clio 200 F4Rt
who is gonna look after the child once born then?

As you say its a loss of money for 9 months.

So she works till she has it, then has 9 months off?

The cost of childcare these days, you may as well stay at home!

Shes got a really good job though so definately going back to work - plus her sister is also having a baby so we will probably end up paying her to look after ours too so will be cheaper than your average place

Yeah she will work pretty much up until its born (all being well) then go back after 9 months off,

Hyundai i40

wudnt say so.......my wages pays for the mortgage and Adams Childcare with a couple hundred left. and my partners wage covers bills etc so if i werent at work to pay the mortgage i wudnt be able to afford to live.

if you have two under school age fair enough

clio 200 F4Rt

wudnt say so.......my wages pays for the mortgage and Adams Childcare with a couple hundred left. and my partners wage covers bills etc so if i werent at work to pay the mortgage i wudnt be able to afford to live.

if you have two under school age fair enough

well for good child care in my local area, your looking at anything between 700 - 1000 per month. So plus your bills etc etc, it can become raather expensive.

But i guess it all depends on what people earn etc.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Hmm the white is very nice so i guess your giving something up for something a bit better oh and a kid! but what about the temptation of things like a shiny engine like last time!