ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think i might buy this golf ...

seen this locally for sale, i personally really like it! (would change the plates though!)
its a nice upgrade from my current car! 2litre, 105bhp, 50mpg+ wheres as currently on my clio i've got a 1.2,70bhp and 30mpg!

What do people think?

8389439521_765ac8127d.png
8390530318_a3ca2d15e3.png

Suzuki Jimny
Don't like the headlights or wheels or tinted windows or engine or 5 doors or wind deflectors or number plates or colour.

Sport 172 flame Red
Gone from a mk5 golf to my Clio 172. Mine was 3door very comfortable and well made. BORING AS EVER TO DRIVE. Also very expensive when they go wrong, £500 for 1 Sensor for example!

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Meh, it's alright. It's also the 1.9TDI, not the 2.0TDI. The 1.9 is the more reliable engine, from what I've picked up.

Vectra
You've talked about lowering the Clio for ages, and insurance or whatever gets in the way so how do you plan on insuring a mk5 modified golf!?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Good points - lower than your clio.

Bad points - quite a lot, but Daves 'Bradford' comment sums most of them up.

Oh, I'm not being mean here by the way, I'm genuinely just giving my opinion :)

TT QS
Not a fan personally. And it's a diesel golf. My friend has one and its slow, boring and for the money he paid for it and to insure it he cold have had something much more enjoyable

An orange one
Not a massive fan!

Totally standard golfs are rarer these days than the whole scene BBS (reps) lowered and same styling mods everywhere

williams 2,seat leon
Ive got a 2 litre diesel, thats 220bhp with 360flb. And thats a vag engine in my leon. If you gonna go diesel make it worth while, and that gets 44/54 mpg.