ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Think of bought a 172

clio 172 soon
its a 2002, 33k on the clock with a few mods need advice, currently it has a cat back exhaust concealed in the same place as standard, lowered 30mm on konis, bmc induction kit, iridium plugs, piper cams currently running 192bhp do you think i should remap it if so who and where for how much and any ideas what it will go like ?

my personal opinion with any performance car is to buy standard, the only exception being a s/s exhaust and even then im fussy.....to me a modified car usually means its been given a bit of a hard time, depending on whats been done

but its all down to yourself mate, you'll usually know when test driving a car if its been abused.

Clio 172 mk2
my personal opinion with any performance car is to buy standard, the only exception being a s/s exhaust and even then im fussy.....to me a modified car usually means its been given a bit of a hard time, depending on whats been done

but its all down to yourself mate, you'll usually know when test driving a car if its been abused.

I have to agree....I always prefer to buy a car as standard as possible

Here Here, I also agree. You never know how a tuned car has been treated- potentially raced, lots of rev limiter action etc.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I think thats a load of rubbish.....

Turbos.
I agree with the others. The 172 isn't a rare car, so you can spend time picking the best. I looked a few 172s and walked away from each owned by young lads like me ;)

its a 2002, 33k on the clock with a few mods need advice, currently it has a cat back exhaust concealed in the same place as standard, lowered 30mm on konis, bmc induction kit, iridium plugs, piper cams currently running 192bhp do you think i should remap it if so who and where for how much and any ideas what it will go like ?

If its making 192hp it will have already been remapped.

I think thats a load of rubbish.....

how do you work that out mate?

believe me ive bought a car once with a few things done to it(106 gti) and never would i again....after a week or 2 it gave nothing but bother it had def had a hard life, why would someone make their car go faster if they dont intend driving it harder?

yes its nice to have a bit of power there and some people tune cars and dont rag the s**t out of them but from having owned a fair few performance cars in the past 8 years, modifications can often spell a hard life.....but hey just my opinion doesnt mean its rubbish though!

i prefer a near standard car form a more mature owner:cool: