ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about getting a PH1

Sold my ph2 a month or so a go, but I miss it! :(

So I have been thinking about getting a ph1.

Any issues I should be looking out for? It seems hard to find a tidy example. My budget is £2500 and ideally want low miles (70k), full service history and a generally standard example. Am I being realistic?

This morning I have seen the below advert:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1242668.htm

Looks to be a very tidy example although not standard I do quite like it.

Do you think it is slightly over priced? Cambelt will need doing in about 10/11 months time but I suppose he is including some standard parts.

I Had a receipt for the cambelt change on my ph2 at £322, is that about the going rate?

Thanks.

Monaco 172 (02)
That car belongs to 'Edd' on here.
Its one of my favourite looking Ph 1's.

I have been toying with the idea of selling my Monaco for a Phase 1 to release some cash. But its hardly worth it :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I wonder what he would say to 2500 cash :approve:

tbh i wouldnt be busy asking people what they think, id be on the phone right now.

That wont be for sale long.

I never post links to cars im after, your only attracting an audience to a potential buy ;)

tbh i wouldnt be busy asking people what they think, id be on the phone right now.

That wont be for sale long.

I never post links to cars im after, your only attracting an audience to a potential buy ;)

To be honest I wasn't seriously considering buying for maybe a month or so. I just posted this thread to get a bit more info regarding ph1's and what I could maybe expect for my 2500 pounds.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
£2500 will get you a good condition Ph1 tbh.

£3000-3400 will secure you a seriously low mileage minter but then fun can be had in any of them that have been looked after tbh

Cheers Danny, is rust a concern on PH1's?

So going by your valuation, the one I posted in the link is a bit of a steal? It's always the case, when I have the cash there won't be any "bargains" out there!:dapprove:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Wouldnt say its a steal but its accuratley priced, if you can negociate 100-150 off it then id say your doing well.

Rust isnt a known problem mate but like anything else check for it anyway.

I paid £3850 for my Phase 1 back in March 2008 and that only had 44k on it.

Wouldnt say its a steal but its accuratley priced, if you can negociate 100-150 off it then id say your doing well.

Rust isnt a known problem mate but like anything else check for it anyway.

I paid £3850 for my Phase 1 back in March 2008 and that only had 44k on it.

Well if I can hold of something like that (one in link) for around 2.6k in a month or so I would be more than happy. Cheap fun!

Last edited:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Yeh that is my car, I just fancy a change as my car prior to this was a 172. Time to move on I think, I will miss it though.

Waltz172

ClioSport Club Member
i managed to pick my ph1 up for £2300 last month had 55k on the clock although needs belt change so u can say bout 2700, u should be able to find 1 for bout 3k jus gotta be a lil lucky ;)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
You been looking at another one then Danny :rasp::rasp::rasp:

£2500 will get you a good condition Ph1 tbh.

£3000-3400 will secure you a seriously low mileage minter but then fun can be had in any of them that have been looked after tbh

Why not! Also for sale.........;)

DSC01369.jpg

320d
I love my ph1. Couldn't be happier with it, it needs a couple of bits doing to it but for a 9 year old car it drives very well.