ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking about Trading My 172 Cup in for a 172/182 FF

172cup.Mr2TurboStiV5
I've had both and the cup felt much more alive to drive, more responsive as well. Perhaps go drive a 182ff and see what you think. My 182 felt a bit dead until 5k......

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I am only tempted because I do a lot of motorway miles and was thinking about getting the FF with possibly a custom 6 speed box for motorway cruising. I love my cup especially since I had the coilovers done the only thing I need to top off the handling is some decent tyres. I think the fact that the brakes lock up meow and again keeps you on your toes and helps you enjoy the drive everytime you get in it but the possible money gains through mpg are very tempting along with the cruise control and aircon.

You even vaguely though about the cost of a "custom 6 speed gearbox"

Utterly pointless just fit a phase1 final drive to a 182 and it revs less on the motorway and that costs almost nothing.

172 cup
As said from another person that has owned both I prefer the cup. The seats are more supportive and drives better and I really don't miss the ac and Xenons.