ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of a new lens

1.8 Civic EX
Olympus E400 is the body.

Currently have the kit lens 18-42mm and a sigma 55-200mm. The sigma is great for that extra bit of reach but I just don't think the picture quality/clarity is as good as the Olympus one.

I was thinking of this Olympus 70-300mm f4.0-5.6 ZUIKO ED Digital Lens

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1023004

Thoughts opinion's? I haven't looked into it that much yet. Will start hunting the net for reviews when I get a sec...

1.8 Civic EX
thanks. Just looked on Digitaldepot, they don't have this lens by the looks of things.

How do you rate it? any good? is it difficult to get a sharpe picture at full focal lengh due to camera shake etc?

For the money its unbeatable, those pictures probably dont do it justice, as it was low light and I was freezing. check out www.fourthirdsphoto.com theres a section in the forum with members reviews and there was a thread full of photos taken using this lens.

as for digital depot best giving them a call. as I said in my other post, speak to Stuart Boston and tell him I recommended you. Me and my dad only use him for our purchases so he will look after you.

1.8 Civic EX
well i went and got it.....here's the first few pics i've taken with it...

P4130010.jpg

P4130048.jpg

P4120028.jpg

1.8 Civic EX
yeah not too bad i thought. going by the prices on the net i got it for 260 so it's about the average price