ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a 172, advice please!

i think we should petition renault to make these a sensible price i mean £130 f*ck off renault its a peice of black plastic you are taking the p*ss boys sort it out

320d M Sport

didnt think of that?! Wonder if P44DYS will loose its magic powers now that my badge is on straight?

time for a sulk :( need to have a word* with my motor industry contacts at renault

*kick my mate in parts at local renault dealer in the nuts and get him to magic me one up :D

320d M Sport

haha!! new foggy on way as well! in fact this month Ill be buying:

new brake pads

new fog light

cup splitter

jet engine

.... well 3 out of 4............suppose i could live without the brake pads;)

2012 WRX Waggon

I dont know - I spend on anything other than Petrol for my Car and my missus would spew.

every time she catches viewing BB,Hillpower etc websites all I get is "And you can forget that, ur not pi$$ing about with that car"!!!:(.

Ah married life - LOL

good man, did you have a go in a cup and a 172 or just the 172 ?

has it helped you make you mind up whether to go for it or not ?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quite impressed. Thats all you have to say. We need to hear more? :)

I take it you placed your order before you left. The test drive is always the killer. Very few walk away without leaving a deposite.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 21 May 2003
I dont know - I spend on anything other than Petrol for my Car and my missus would spew.every time she catches viewing BB,Hillpower etc websites all I get is "And you can forget that, ur not pi$$ing about with that car"!!!:(.Ah married life - LOL

just dont make her choose m8 ;)

It was a silver 172 i drove, handles well, it didnt feel quicker than my VTS until about 4500 rpm, from then on it chuffing flys!

320d M Sport

SEEE!!!!!!!! I WAS right!!!!! itss because u drove a silver one, you need a red one for FULL effect!

clio 20v

hehe i went in a ctr and while the vtec is impressive its useless out of it and just not for me really

not drove a 172 either actually, been in paddys and it felt fukin quick

u want a mk1 2.0 16v tho really faster than a 172 and a ctr ;)

adi

2012 WRX Waggon

dont get a bloody red one, they make red ones on friday afternoons.

now Iceberg silver is made tuesdays - when all the guys have recovered from the weekend.

cups apparently are made on mondays - nuff said.

for more utter Bollox, please tune in later.

;)

2012 WRX Waggon

well I must admit that bloody silver thing u used to own was bloody rapid - though the flames from the exhaust discouraged closer inspection lol.

2400 miles..........I am ready!!;)

clio 20v

hehe bring it on!!!

btw this one seems to pop more flames than the silver one with the straight thru de-cat on hehe

adi

Titanium ph1 turbo

if your looking for performance and arnt too bothered about leather seats, air con etc, and want to save some money in the process get the cup, its still an amazing car - ive had mine a week now, owned a 5 turbo for 5 years which was quite modified, and I never thought id be able to buy a brand new car which could rival it, but the cup does exactly that, its not as quick low down the revs, but once you hit 4-5k rpm it really does start motoring. I got mine from my local dealership for £11999 with diamondbrite and mats thrown in on an 03 plate... I was originally going to buy their demonstrator which was 1 day old when I went to look at it, they told me it was gonna cost £12,449 but after speaking to the sales guy he said he could do the cheaper price (11999) on the basis I ordered one and wait 5 weeks, purely because he had just got the demonstrator in and wanted to drive it himself !! hehe ...