ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of buying a PH1

Hi guys
Been looking at 172's for a bit now, initially thought of getting a phase 2 cup edition but an exclusive ph1 has popped up that's really taken my fancy. Anything I need to look out on a pH1? Engine's got around 140,000 miles on it, not sure of the engine life on one of these Renaults. Would appreciate any advice you've got.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Although its difficult to see when viewing the car ph1's tend to rust in the rear inner arches, both mine and my brothers have started and i think quite a few on the forum have as well. 140k is pretty high millage but if its been looked after no reason why it wouldn't last, they take the millage quite well.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Most important thing on these - cambelts! 140,000 is very very high but as pointed out by @robmuns - if there is plenty of paper work, service history and receipts then all may be well!