ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of doing up the engine bay

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
so im thinking of tarting up the engine bay... silicone hoses ect i have a mb 172 cup what colour do people think willl suit my car? what ever colour hoses i have i shall probly do the brake calipers the same all suggestions welcome thanks!

RB FF 182
I'd go blue mate... I've got an RB 182 and I'm looking at doing this in the future. Blue hoses in mine would probably look a bit crap though, as the shade of blue would be way off.

Never had a shiny engine bay so I think it's something I'll definitely do in the future.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
was thinking yellow hoses but falt it might be a bit much lol i did think blue but wanted somthing that will stand out i think itll be blue or yellow lol with maybe a polished inlet and spray the rocker cover

LY FF182
Yellow or green with a blue car, or orange actually... Make it stand out in the crowds!!

172 + 350z
Fair enough thank you, easy enough to do and anything to watch? Just don't want to damage anything by been clumsy.

FF Clio 200 Cup
I would say white too. Neutral so wont clash too much... If you care but can look quite smart

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Fair enough thank you, easy enough to do and anything to watch? Just don't want to damage anything by been clumsy.

Dead easy, only thing to watch is when you lift it off there is a little rubber grommet under the part where the coil pack mounts, this must be refitted when you bolt it all back together.

TBH even my 5 year old nephew could take it to bits ;)

172 + 350z
Haha thanks! Will give it ago. I just haven't got into the habit of remembering how I took things apart which explains why I have a project car in bits. Sounds like nothing to worry about, will give it ago tomorrow!

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
removing inlet is peice of cake i had mine off the other day about 8-9 bolts? cleaned my throttle body out was full of gunky sh*t and i meen full! car seems to drive much better!!

white hoses dident think of that what sorta spray can be used on the inlet mani

172 + 350z
Dead easy, only thing to watch is when you lift it off there is a little rubber grommet under the part where the coil pack mounts, this must be refitted when you bolt it all back together.

TBH even my 5 year old nephew could take it to bits ;)

Cheers!

Can you just ordinary car spray paint or does it have to be heat resistant?

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
Yes and no....

Yes you can see small gains with matched inlets 3-4 bhp, no those Ebay ones are not worth it (over priced)

ok thanks! ill keep a look out for 2nd hand ones a bit cheaper would i be better of taking mine somewere and getting them done rather then paying £220

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
ok thanks! ill keep a look out for 2nd hand ones a bit cheaper would i be better of taking mine somewere and getting them done rather then paying £220

I think I have my old ones in the shed still, matched by Angel Works off my cup which I would let go for £120.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
I think I have my old ones in the shed still, matched by Angel Works off my cup which I would let go for £120.

did u notice much difference driving the car with the inlet fitted? will have to wait till the end of the month till pay day and i shall let you know! deffinatly interested in these tho

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
did u notice much difference driving the car with the inlet fitted? will have to wait till the end of the month till pay day and i shall let you know! deffinatly interested in these tho

No worries mate I've not advertised them anywhere and I'm probably to lazy to bother anytime soon lol, I noticed a small difference when coupled with an exhaust and filter, the car seemed smoother and better rev'ing.

That said don't expect to be like 'wow' tuning the Clios for any real power means spending big bucks :)

FYI this is how my bay looked before I went for the RS2 I now have.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6847201#post6847201

These are the inlets sat in my shed :)

Last edited:
  ibiza fr tdi hybrid
No worries mate I've not advertised them anywhere and I'm probably to lazy to bother anytime soon lol, I noticed a small difference when coupled with an exhaust and filter, the car seemed smoother and better rev'ing.

That said don't expect to be like 'wow' tuning the Clios for any real power means spending big bucks :)

i no ino :( lol dont want BIG power ill end up loosing my lisence i got 6 points in my old 172! wouldent mind getting it around 190bhp but i have all the time in the world my cup wont be going anywere any time soon :D lol

172 + 350z
Another question is there more than one shade of Arctic Blue? The one I got I am sure didn't really look like the shade I needed. Also the 2.0ltr 16v sticker can you get replacements?

Fiesta ST2 MP215
My Plan started last night, ITG Maxogen on the way ( mental money but looks the boll*kcs ) and having the engine cover color coded will be a good start.

ibiza fr tdi hybrid
My Plan started last night, ITG Maxogen on the way ( mental money but looks the boll*kcs ) and having the engine cover color coded will be a good start.

Are these the carbon ones look a funny shape? Yh i need a engine cover as the cups dont have them will get one and spray it blue spray rocker cover silver so looks fresh not sure on what colour hoses and inlet tho

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Are these the carbon ones look a funny shape? Yh i need a engine cover as the cups dont have them will get one and spray it blue spray rocker cover silver so looks fresh not sure on what colour hoses and inlet tho

They are, also near £400 but I can't find a better looking mod, plus all the clips on my std filter are shagged so needs something done. Hoses will make a massive difference but for me I can't justify spending a few hundred on proper hoses they are stupid money IMHO, you can buy engine coveres in the for sale section just check out the breaking listings.

​Painted top Plenum will look better that a painted cover.

172 + 350z
Thanks for all the advice guys did mine yesterday
2ajajute.jpg