ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting your bullets/badges painted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Subaru 330s
…..well think again!

To make a long story short for you some time ago I painted my side bullets white with blue lettering, they looked cool, not 100% perfect though as I’m no pro. So I found some members on here advertising for painting bullets/badges and I thought they would be able to do a better job than me, so I contacted this one guy to see how much it would be and he said £35 including return postage first class recorded.
That sounded good to me but I wanted to know if he could do them and get them back to me before world series, he said yer fine no problem. So on that basis I got them sent off to him.
Over a week went by and it was days before world series, I had not heard from the guy so I emailed to check if he had done them. No, he had only done one of them!! Firstly, he could have emailed to let me know they weren’t ready and secondly why do one at a time? So I thought ok fine I will just have to wait then and headed off to world series bulletless.
Another week later I emailed to see if they were done, he said he would try and post them in a few days. But they did not arrive. He then emailed me a few days later to tell me they were actually done and would be posted in a few days. Again, they did not arrive.
A week later I finally received them back! So all in all it took nearly one month to paint my badges and return them to me!!

Now, where do I start with that was wring with them, apart from the time it took to do them. TBH if they had been painted well the time wouldn’t have bothered me but it was the fact that:

• They were packaged on top of each other, therefore they were scratched and damaged.
  • They weren’t white! They looked a bley-white, which I discovered to be because he had painted them blue first then gone over it in white after masking up the letters.
  • There was a bubble in the paint
  • Around the edges of the letters there was paint missing, it was all cracked and dirty.
  • I don’t think they had been cleaned, sanded or even primed before painting.
I was totally shocked that someone could be happy to send them back to me in that state! There is 100% no way that I could put these on my car what so ever!
I emailed the guy what night to show him the pictures and explain how unhappy I was with them. He emiled back to say "In reply to your message, I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with the goods received. It appears that damage may have been caused during transit. However as a good will gesture I am willing to give you a 50% refund due to the costs involved with the process. You must also be aware that you should expect what you pay for- as I am not a professional, this is just a hobby. Previous customers have been happy with the goods received, please accept my partial refund"

1)if you are not a professional then make that clear to people before they go ahead with it, because if I knew I would not have bothered. I’m no professional either yet I managed to do a better job of them than you!
2)I can’t see how anyone would be happy to put that on their cars!
3)Partial refund…are you having a laugh?

I emailed back to ask him to reconsider as a partial refund was not enough but he has not replied, bearing in mind that my last email to him was over 3 weeks ago now.

So anyway, here are the pictures for you to see for yourselves:

Photo0742.gif

Photo0744.gif

Photo0745.gif

Photo0747.gif

Photo0748.gif

Photo0749.gif

Photo0750.gif

Photo0751.gif

Photo0752.gif

Please feel free to comment on this. A few people will have already seen these pictures on facebook and have agreed with me that they are a complete joke.
I still want a full refund and I think it is only fair that I should get it, so please help!

Thanks
Lora

172 5HED
s**t!!! I was going to have him do mine!! I could do that myself for a tenner lol!! I might start up my own business!!!

Refund for sure?? As you cant fit them so you'll have to buy new surely???

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
They dont look that great at all tbh, someone off here I take it? I only know of 2 people that do them on here and ive used both and they wouldnt leave them in that sorta state.

172 5HED
Is this the young lad (if so the one I was gonna use) in North Wales?? Did he not post pics up recently of his "work" and him all kitted up in a spraybooth?? Does he not work in a spray shop/repair place?? Is that not what constitutes a professional then???

Subaru 330s
Yer it was a member on here, I have emailed him to say that if he doesn't give me the refund he will be named and shamed.

New bullets are more than likely needed as there are too many layers of paint on there now, and I still can't sand them down smooth enough. So aswell as the £35 I have wasted I now need to spend over £40 on some new bullets.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Is this the young lad (if so the one I was gonna use) in North Wales?? Did he not post pics up recently of his "work" and him all kitted up in a spraybooth?? Does he not work in a spray shop/repair place?? Is that not what constitutes a professional then???

If it is Nath ive had mine done by him and im happy with the results, they did take a while as well but I wasnt in a rush for them. They where packed well and arrived when he said they would, I was also updated throughout the process.

172 5HED
If it is Nath ive had mine done by him and im happy with the results, they did take a while as well but I wasnt in a rush for them. They where packed well and arrived when he said they would, I was also updated throughout the process.

Hmm, strange then?? If it is him of course!! But the state of these is shocking!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Nath is the guy from wales I think Lora :)

Middo is the only other guy I know of that does them and he doesnt really use the forums anymore a far as I can tell, he did an AWESOME job on my first set though.

Dynamique Flamer
Did you think he was a professional? :S

Yes they aren't good, but tbh you have no comeback as he is not a business it was your own choice to send them to him.

Sand them down they should be fine to repaint over, could have got them done that cheap at a bodyshop for a cash job to!!!

Bumder With A Buffer
Not enough lacquer on them for a satrt..

and by the looks of things they were not prep'd properly before adding th spary paint..hence why its flaking and marking around the numbers.

A good clean first would of sorted that out.

Golf 7R
I don't think it's a case of being named and shamed, just saving other people aggrevation of going through the same process? Did you see examples of hiw work beforehand?

and by naith she doesnt mean me!!!! lol

lora if u want them doing i can ask my mate who does mine at chipsaway, hell i'll even do em for you, sure you've seen the quality of mine :)

Subaru 330s
My point is that if you can't paint them properly and to a decent standard then you shouldn't advertise to do such a job for other people

172 5HED
Lora, whats his user ID? As so far you haven't "named" anyone lol!! And got me confused over who it was!! Glad its not the lad I was gonna use!!

GW 200
+1 on the full refund Lora.

- Can't hide behind the fact he's "not a professional". With the state of those he not even amateur. Looks like a guy who'd struggle at painting by numbers!

- Full refund required as they are useless and you have to spend £40 on new bullets and then get them painted again the way you want.

- If full refund isn't received within two weeks of your original post your well within your rights to name and shame. Protect other people from him.

I remember you being very annoyed they weren't ready for WSR, forcing you to go on show without any bullets. Hope it gets sorted sharpish for you.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yer you got it, the first one on that list Ed

Im good :)

Id offer to do them for you but its been a while since I did mine....and I doubt they would be better! :eek:

27042009630.jpg

27042009634.jpg

27042009635.jpg

Those weren't perfect but that was only my second attempt and I have never done bullets before. Oh and the top one in that last pic was halfway through coatson the numbers so everyone knows!

Lora, I knew as soon as you posted on here that it would be Ed.

The boy is a waste of space. He is actually located in Oulton, near Oulton Park track. He is a waste of time on this forum and should be perma banned. Please contact admin about this.

Unfortunately a lot of people I know have been ripped off by this child, including a good mate (bifcaids).

Subaru 330s
I have contacted admin, they were really helpful and said they would see what they could do, however, I have not heard anything since from them

If you search his profile and look at the number of threads about buying, selling and spraying stuff, it will actually cheer you up. It's so completely retarded, it's actually funny!

I suggest you contact either Tom, Revels, Nik or Sash, Lora, as they will be able to help out and hopefully provide you with contact details, should you wish to carry out a claim.

Always thought he was a bit of a spacker going by the stuff he posts. I lol quite a bit at what some people on here think is a good paint finish, but never say anything because it's usually their own car they're doing it on, it's the first time they've ever painted anything and at least they're giving it a go. To offer a service to other people and return them in that state is utterly shocking though.

Bumder With A Buffer
If you search his profile and look at the number of threads about buying, selling and spraying stuff, it will actually cheer you up. It's so completely retarded, it's actually funny!

I suggest you contact either Tom, Revels, Nik or Sash, Lora, as they will be able to help out and hopefully provide you with contact details, should you wish to carry out a claim.

Hence my post below yours...Remember when I asked if he was actually called hazza??! :) PMSL

I don't understand how some people expect to get away with it knowing full well the person they rip off will name and shame on here?

Subaru 330s
Lol thanks for the posts on his threads JD :D this was going to be my next step.
I will try contacting another admin member adn see what happens, thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.