ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of going french again and selling the Punto!

Well, i've had the punto since christmas and i'm starting to get the urge to buy a new car again, you know the feeling!

I'm 22 in jan so i'm really tempted to get something quicker, i've had 3 mk1 clio's before so i'm no stranger and some may remember me from here.

This is my punto, i cant decide whether to send it into the bodyshop and finish the whole euro look, or buy a flame red 172 FF :cool: best colour by far imo! The reason i'm thinking of getting rid of the punto is due to it only being a 1.2 16v, and having to avoid every pothole on the road, gets annoying after a while!

So what are 172's like to live with? i've driven a 182 for about 10mins and loved it, handling was just brilliant. What's the current value of a ph2 172? seems to be 3.5-4.5k to me...

040820081251.jpg

040820081235.jpg

060920081506.jpg

050820081315.jpg

130820081374.jpg

hmm yes please!

233.jpg

Cheers, Gav!

Punto's been nicely done.
Im going to sell the golf/ smart and get quickish car, currently thinking 1*2/ ep3 ctr, I really want the clio but the depreciation on them worries me.

yeh they seem to have dropped loads since i last looked at them, crazy prices tbh! just dont want to buy a nail

Turbos.
Your Punto looks mint, nicely modified there! I think you'd fine a 172 better in every area, but do the same mods :approve:

Your Punto looks mint, nicely modified there! I think you'd fine a 172 better in every area, but do the same mods :approve:

cheers bud!

completely ruins the drive though mate :dapprove: have to drive it so steady! i'd probably try and stick to the usual subtle mods :)

f*ck off! FlameR selling his 172 ???:eek: :(
id say get an rs though... i think the 03 plates are going for about the 4ish mark

f*ck off! FlameR selling his 172 ???:eek: :(
id say get an rs though... i think the 03 plates are going for about the 4ish mark

Sorry i just used FlameRs as it shows off the colour really well, should have asked permission really!

yeah i think i'd be looking to spend about 4k, i paid 2.5k for my punto when it was standard but i think the 2nd hand market is really poor atm!

Loving the Punto dude, very slick. The keskins look perfect:cool:

cheers matey :)

been looking and flame red seems to be quite rare, i'd have another silver car as they're easy to keep looking clean but i think they lack character

well it'll be around christmas time when i'll be in a position to get one, really want to find a good 'un. dont want a cup either as the interior really puts me off.

spent ages looking for the sporting, so many sheds about!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Punto's been nicely done.
Im going to sell the golf/ smart and get quickish car, currently thinking 1*2/ ep3 ctr, I really want the clio but the depreciation on them worries me.
For what you will get one for, you can't lose more than £2000 in the next to years, where as I think you'd lose alot more than that on a ctr.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
You have made a good job of that punto.

But i feel the 172/182 would be a great upgrade and as said there are so many bargains at the moment

thinking about a cup now aswell :evil: i really need to go out and drive a few..

here's a few new pics of the punto

gavpunto.jpg

gavpunto-sideloadingbaysmall.jpg

gavpunto-rearrollingsmall.jpg