ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of selling the track car..thoughts?

Radical SR3
I have other things that require my cash so am thinking of selling the cup. Do I sell it whole or strip it?

88k mondial blue. Body in decent condition but its a track car so not concourse! 4 months mot 5 months tax

spec is fairly serious..

Fully stripped and lightened (bumper inserts etc)
manual dci rack
kw v2s
rear camber shims -1deg
new bearings all round
new wishbones a year ago
serviced every 6k full fluids including gearbox
engine top end rebuild at 67k just compression tested and in rude health
alloy race rad and fan
magnecor leads
mocal 19row oil cooler
blitz 80mm sus air filter
morette headlights with blanks and ducting to filter
rstuner remap
short shifter
frp buckets and sabelt 5 points
omp front brace
frp doors
ftp boot
lexan all round
oreca group n exhaust
182 manifold all wrapped
injectors just cleaned
single wiper
carbon mirrors
dash stripped
omp wheel with boss
new brembo rear discs and yellow stuff pads
wilwood 4 pots with brembo discs and pagid pads
carbon vented bonnet
cup racer brake ducts
polybushed
braided lines
ktec solid mounts
1 set of 2118s with 195 50 15 a048s
1 set turinis
spare a048s x 6 all still road legal
solid exhaust hanger
custom intake shroud

​pics to follow. What do you guys think?

Radical SR3
Thought as much...got a few things to sort but will then do an advert. I forgot to say I have all the original parts aswell...panels, interior etc.

Cup In bits
You would be mad not to rebuild it to near standard spec if you kept everything and then punt on everything else. The logistics of stripping is a ball ache IMO but its very unlikely someone will stump up for the work you have done.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Definitely worth more in parts but do you really need to sell or could you just mothball it?

Mine is probably an identical spec and I bet a Cup Racer wouldn't be much more but think of the time, effort and emotion that's gone into it. That said, if the passion has gone, get rid.

Radical SR3
Oh dont get me wrong I love it...so much fun and so capable on track. But I have spotted another car I want more and cant have 4 cars!

I spend insane money and time on my cars but do find it easy to let them go thank god.

I will think on it, got to go see this other car first too.

You would be mad not to rebuild it to near standard spec if you kept everything and then punt on everything else. The logistics of stripping is a ball ache IMO but its very unlikely someone will stump up for the work you have done.

This is the least hassle option that won't see you selling to some who will break it for parts.

Radical SR3
Nice one buddy, shame you "was" going to sell it. What was the other car?

Yeah, it was a road registered radical sr3, guy had it underpriced at 10k so I had no chance.

Now ive got the dilema that the tvr is back on the road 'to sell' and I cant stop driving it...forgot how epic it is after 18 months in storage.