ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of selling up for a nimbus 197

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Am I mad? Im keeping the vee btw! :eek:

I really fancy a 197 again, so thinking of selling the 1.2 & getting a fairly early 197. Talk me out of it! :eek:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Why do you want us to talk you out of it ? If you want to do it, do it. If you can't afford it, or don't want to .. don't do it.

Personally I wouldn't. Don't see the appeal of the mk3's at all.

:S

Megane 275 trophy006
If you can afford to run one then go for it, I love mine.
Remember the earlier ones are coming due for cambelts and have the original gearbox (pre revision) so can tend to use more petrol. So if you really do want an earlier one you might be able to get one with its cambelt already done.
It depends on the options you want really, recaros and cup pack I'd go for an R27.
I fancied the sunroof on mine which, I think, is a bit rarer. As well as xenons, climate control, auto wipers etc.
As it is my only car and driven daily I decided on non cupped and standard seats. Really comfortable.

Personally I wouldn't go for a cup though. Cheaper dash and they only get AC if the option was selected when it was first brought.

An orange one
Do it dawn, I'm exactly the same as you (Vee and 1.2 dynamique) and the 1.2 is shite! Slow, very old looking and still drinks fuel!

As soon as I can afford a 197 it's outta here! Won't be till summertime though!

Swift Sport
The 197 is a great car for driving fast. Plenty of thrills but without the spills thanks to its sure-footed handling and fantastic brakes. Economy and cheddar gearbox put me off.

Bux

Golf GTD
Best colour :)

I've got an early one and love it! MPG isn't too bad if your foot isn't constantly welded to the floor

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
lol, sorry Gaz no jobs here ;)

hmmm, but do i need a 197 again? Fair enough having one nice car, but two seems abit ott. I dunno, do I realy want another fast car to run!?

An orange one
tbh! what about something like a 120d?

going pretty cheap now for an average miler, nicer daily hack than a 197 and 50mpg without even trying, also nicer interior and place to be while stuck in traffic,

Petrol Blue 182.
what do you want the car for dawn? comfort? daily? or something you can hack around in? why not a minty ph1 172 sunflower or something like that?

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Tbf I don't think I'd go for a 197... Ive bin thinking the last few weeks too about a diffrent daily and the only things that I seam to like are german!! I am thinking golf or something!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Seems daft, you have the Vee for those few nice days a year and the 1.2 for daily sensible car.

Surely having a 197 is going to cost you more to run, tax, insure. Driving a 197 daily is going to take away 'that feeling' when you unwrap the Vee for a drive out.

Personally would stick with things as they are.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Im just bored of the gutless 1.2! I dont want an old car again, I want abit of niceness around me!

I really love the look of a 197, totally different to the vee & still slower imo! :p

Yeh James, txt me x

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A Trophy is a better option personally, it will get better mpg it has Recaro's and its nice enough inside.

This plus it will easily be worth more than all the other 1*2's come the time to sell.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Im with Ali...well, not literally...but if you go German, you will begin to hate the vee lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not at all fella. I still love the Vee. Maybe that's because i bought the wrong German! lol.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Do it dawn, I'm exactly the same as you (Vee and 1.2 dynamique) and the 1.2 is s**te! Slow, very old looking and still drinks fuel!

As soon as I can afford a 197 it's outta here! Won't be till summertime though!

+1; My 1.2 actually consumed more than my 182 as I was constantly havign to rev the tits off it. The 182 pulls in gear 5 from 25mph+ so no need to even change gear most of the time! (for nomral driving that is).

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
hmmm, well I want another Renault as I just love them ... unfortunately for my pocket!

I will have ruled out the 197 for now as insurance is silly! I only have two yrs ncb on this policy, the other 6 are on the vee.

So, for the cheaper cost of a Trophy, I could use money in difference for the insurance. Or get a 133 ??

Trophy's hold their value better & have the splendid recaro's I sooo want!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'd keep the 1.2 and use the Vee more. It'll p*ss you off after a while paying a fair whack to run them both.

Fiesta ST-3
Oh hai. Something to help you decide...

6383887625_33392fded4_b.jpg

Nimbus by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

Turbo LY R27
Im just bored of the gutless 1.2! I dont want an old car again, I want abit of niceness around me!

I really love the look of a 197, totally different to the vee & still slower imo! :p

Yeh James, txt me x

Buy a 182? Thats what i did, very happy i did as well!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
yeh, but the insurance for a 197 with 2yrs ncb is dayligh rapery :(

Would be an ultra red 197 i have decided anyway!

Amy

UR R26, Hyundai IX35
I don't blame you tbh dawn, I know the feeling.

Wouldn't mind a 197 or an R26, but I love my 182 so much that I couldn't get rid.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Dawn, you're either earning far too much money or you're mental.

Megane 225 F1
I was sooo happy to see you weren't getting rid of the vee.

That nimbus that Scott. has is amazing!