ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

thinking of spraying my grills upper and lower in black gold...

bg 182
everytime i wash my car and wax it i am drawn to my slightly faded grills. With it being bg im thinking about getting both my upper and lower grills sprayed to match the car. Could anybody do me a photoshop for me or add any pics of 182's with colour coded grills, preferably black.. if possible.
View attachment 63384

m_Fog3.jpg

m_IMG_4815.jpg

You rang?

Satin black by the way. Idea stolen from Dr Jekyll who stole it from someone else etc...etc...etc...

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
Euro Car Parts do large gloss black cans for £2.99, absolute bargain compared to Halfrauds small @ £5.99 and large @ £7.99.

Get yourself 1 grey plastic primer, 1 gloss black and a pack of wet & dry paper.

Rub down the grill a little, prime, dry, rub down again, spray black, dry, spray black again, dry, bingo :)

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ha ha, does look good on yours mate! One I'd like to get my detailing hands on ;)

bg 182
does anybody know if you can buy black gold in an aerosol can? if not ill get them sprayed up thinking about doing my wing mirror bases too. Then replace the rest with Carbon fiber :race:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
admittedly I have sprayed my fog and exhaust surrounds, but for the grilles I really couldn't be bothered.

For less than £10, try Auto Finesse Revive trim dressing. Looks and beads great and seems to be holding out quite well

bg 182
yh was thinking about doing that but just fancy my clio looking a little different, hard to make your car individual. i know a few pro sprayers so i probably wouldnt do it myself.

bg 182
cheers dr jekyll, never occoured to me to go to a paint shop lol 400ml for £8.00 plus vat.:drunk:

plan of attack:

bullet soon to be purchased off here, bg with silver lettering
whole mirrors, including glass surrounds in bg
exaust surrounds in bg
upper and lower grill bg
maybe plastic interior strips ( not sure yet migt just freshen up the silver :S )

bg 182
well yes and prime, 2-3 of primer 2-3 of paint and couple of laquer, wet and dry primer before paint then the paint before laquer.

koi

Audi S1
Going to paint my grille and fog light covers satin black. Do the fog light covers just pop off?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
take wheels and inner arches off for easier access, undo 2 torx screws on back and disconnect bulb and the light will release, then use a flat screwdriver to press on down clips and push foward. :)

koi

Audi S1
take wheels and inner arches off for easier access, undo 2 torx screws on back and disconnect bulb and the light will release, then use a flat screwdriver to press on down clips and push foward. :)

Didn't think it would be that hard, thought it would be like the bullets and just pop off